PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else hopeless at MW2?

Bouncing
18-02-2010, 01:10 PM
On COD4 my k/d ratio was ATLEAST 1.04 and I was pretty decent, got helicopters a lot etc. Cod5 was a whatever, I was good I just didn't like the ww2 aspect. But Modern Warfare 2 I'm am so bad, my k/d rate is like 0.73 ?! I just get hit from everywhere whether it's from a preditor missile a helicopter or getting cornered every second of the damn game by the other teams. I'm resorting to buying Halo 3 because I'm having no fun playing this game. Anyone else agree?

Thread moved by iAdam (Forum Super Moderator); From 'Console and Computer gaming'.

Oleh
18-02-2010, 01:48 PM
I dont find it that hard to be honest, i get frustrated if i plainly would have killed a guy if it was any other game but apart from that my 2.39 kdr shows i dont suck too much i pride myself as a good player along with my clan, i hadnt played for 2 month and started again yesterday and i was playing shockingly bad but then i got my scar-h silenced out and destroyed from then on with any other gun even the ump which i suck at using i dominate on.... domination

You just need to keep playing.. i sucked on cod4 untill about july the next year when i got amazing cod5 i sucked on due to me hardly playing anything bar zombies

samsaBEAR
18-02-2010, 01:58 PM
in modern warfare 2 there are more ways to die i suppose, so that doesn't help the old k/d

Black_Apalachi
18-02-2010, 03:20 PM
It was just a really over-hyped and over-rated game so now everybody is disappointed with it. On COD4 I use the exact same class all the time but on MW2 I think it's good advice to try and rotate between weapons and classes rather than using pretty much the same class in every match. There are so many combinations that it can only be limiting yourself to stick with the same stuff when there may be better things you haven't got used to yet. As for Halo 3, I hate that game with a passion :P

AlexOC
18-02-2010, 03:20 PM
I think i'm doing pretty decent on MW2, its my first COD game and second war game overall (after killzone 2) and my k/d ratio is 1.34, killstreak is 38 and im on lvl 42 no prestige (but i have only played for about 25hours)...

samsaBEAR
18-02-2010, 03:48 PM
It was just a really over-hyped and over-rated game so now everybody is disappointed with it. On COD4 I use the exact same class all the time but on MW2 I think it's good advice to try and rotate between weapons and classes rather than using pretty much the same class in every match. There are so many combinations that it can only be limiting yourself to stick with the same stuff when there may be better things you haven't got used to yet. As for Halo 3, I hate that game with a passion :P

half the fun, imo at least, is to vary guns. at the start of each prestige i use a different gun i wouldn't normally use. it makes the game more fun rather than just using the same guns. and half 3 is alright if you wanna kill some time, it's more of a casual game

ecstasy
18-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Its easier to die on MW2 than the other COD games. So dont rush/play more defensive (but dont camp, PLEASE) and you should do alright seeing as you were alright at the other COD games

dbgtz
18-02-2010, 08:40 PM
My k/d is between 1.46-1.49 usually and it's my best since cod4 (as it was my first). Anyway lag frustates me, worst part of cod is the lag and it's worse then alot of other games imo

Jahova
19-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Lets just say this..

CoD4: I had an ok K/D but as it was my first game it was quite low, around 1.26.
CoD5: It was an easy game, the MP40 dominated all so I got a 2 K/D ratio.
CoD6: It's more challenging again compared to CoD5, but It's still ok, my K/D is now 1.30.

I think if I make a new account and then play on CoD6, I could easily double or triple my K/D.

AlexOC
19-02-2010, 02:33 PM
Last night i started using my knife alot... To the point where i was getting around 5 gun kills and about 20 knife kills in a match, I barely use by gun anymore i just run around and if i see someone i charge at them with my knife..

Anyone else use their knife alot?

Stryderman
19-02-2010, 02:41 PM
I personally think its a crap game i bought it for 45£ sold it for 30£ 3 weeks later.

Stick to waw cos its alot better tbh

dbgtz
19-02-2010, 07:50 PM
Waw sucks, cod4 is the ownage

Oleh
19-02-2010, 08:54 PM
cod2 multiplayer is the way forward

Lew
20-02-2010, 10:48 PM
Tbh, im crap at MW2 also, probably because its the first COD ive played ;]
Slowly improving though

PaulMacC
21-02-2010, 04:35 AM
Tip to get good at this game: Commando.
Cheap-ass scrubby perk.

newWORLDorder
21-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Other way round for me, sucked at Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, wasn't too interested in Call of Duty: World at War, but I'm not too shabby at MW2, K/D is still in the 0. region, because I'm not too arsed about leaderboards.

That being said, it's still a crap game.

AlexOC
21-02-2010, 06:44 PM
OMG

just got my best score EVER 36 - 7

WOOOOP

-Xiangu-
21-02-2010, 11:26 PM
I've been mediocre at all COD games until about 3 weeks ago when I actually stared getting good at COD 6, havent checked my KDR yet but hoping it's ok. Used to get around 1 kill-2 deaths when I started COD6 now its generally 2-3 kills - 1 death.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!