PDA

View Full Version : Internet on phones?

CHA!NGANG
18-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Yeah I know nothing about technology so yeah with Internet on phones can you only get it where there's free wifi? Bought my phone and it said that it comes with free unlimited internet but I have noooo idea what that actually means.

Ta x

Oleh
18-02-2010, 02:09 PM
Your internet is WAP which is usually paid per mb but you get unlimited, just click the Internet icon on your phone and it should load up

CHA!NGANG
18-02-2010, 02:14 PM
Right so can I use it anywhere? I can use it at home but as soon as I got the phone I put my own internet details in from my own modem and I haven't yet tried the internet out of my house so if I go out will it work still?

lazerman
18-02-2010, 02:15 PM
Yes, it should work anywhere

Sunny.
18-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Your unlimited blackberry internet will work anywhere you have a GPRS connection. This is generally through out the UK.

Wi-fi is anywhere you can find a hotspot, so thats home, and certain free hotspots,

I wouldnt however start downloading alot on your WAP as you usually have a fair usage policy depending on your network provider.

Its better to use WI-FI whilst your at home or when you have a hotspot available as its alot faster than ur WAP.

CHA!NGANG
18-02-2010, 05:25 PM
But I can use the internet for as long as I like right? Facebook and stuff.

Arron
18-02-2010, 05:30 PM
yes you can John, im on my phone right now, stuck in traffic :(

Sunny.
18-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Yeh as long as you like, browse as many pages as you like.

CHA!NGANG
18-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Ah K. Ty all! :D

Alkaz
18-02-2010, 06:16 PM
If you pay for internet then it should work anywhere but obviously there are at time when it cant properly reach you and will just cut out. :)

Swastika
18-02-2010, 06:17 PM
Be careful though, some companys only allow you onto certain pages for free, usually facebook and other social networking websites. It costs me money to go on skysports and stuff and im on ultimited internet on orange.

Geraint
18-02-2010, 06:18 PM
what exactly is WAP. I can't see to find it. I have the internet and can get on all the websites but no basic WAP thing. thought all phones came with it. would quite like to have it seeing as the internet is dear as ****.

CHA!NGANG
18-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Be careful though, some companys only allow you onto certain pages for free, usually facebook and other social networking websites. It costs me money to go on skysports and stuff and im on ultimited internet on orange.

Ah crap. Yeah I'm on contract with orange on my Blackberry and it said unlimited internet. How do I find out what sites are free or not? Also does it tell you when it charges you?

Also it says my account balance is -£5. Wth does that mean :S

Sorry im crap with phones.

Sunny.
19-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Im on orange BIS plan too.

With blackberrys you need a special "Blackberry Internet Service Plan" which is offered by orange. You simply ring them up and ask if you have a BIS plan or normal unlimited internet.
Not much difference, just the BIS plan allows you to use more of the blackberry features.
As for Sky Sports etc, it costs £5... to watch SKY SPORTS, its free to view any website on the internet. However some websites charge to use their services, you will be prompted about 100 times [good thing about blackberrys] if you wil be charged any extra.

CHA!NGANG
19-02-2010, 12:23 PM
Ahright yeah I don't what to watch it but I just want to go on other sites but if they prompt to view the websites then that's ok. So even if I don't have the BIS plan or normal unlimited internet I can go on any site?

Sunny.
19-02-2010, 02:38 PM
You need to have one of them. You said you had "unlimited internet" so yeh you can on any website.

CHA!NGANG
19-02-2010, 04:12 PM
Sorry I meant even if I don't have the BIS plan but I have the other one lol. Yeah k thanks for the help :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!