PDA

View Full Version : First Ever Professional Layout

sep-boi
18-02-2010, 08:26 PM
This is my first ever professional radio site template...

http://www.uploadstuff.co.uk/u/1266554079.gif

Please Rate/Slate and also TELL me how to improve because people just moan that its rubbish and they dont tell me how to improve.

Fehm
18-02-2010, 08:27 PM
You're missing the proffesional bit.

Jahova
18-02-2010, 08:32 PM
I laughed :P

OT: It looks like it's been done in paint. Invest in fireworks or Photoshop and get the ball rolling.

sep-boi
18-02-2010, 08:35 PM
I laughed :P

OT: It looks like it's been done in paint. Invest in fireworks or Photoshop and get the ball rolling.

I used fireworks.

Jam-ez
18-02-2010, 09:19 PM
It looks more like an advertisement site, or one of them fake email redirects...

Clean & professional is usually lined up and neat with correct spacing. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty decent layout, but I think the navigation and them box things to the left and right of the content ruin it.

Perhaps you should have another crack at that area? :)

sep-boi
18-02-2010, 09:41 PM
It looks more like an advertisement site, or one of them fake email redirects...

Clean & professional is usually lined up and neat with correct spacing. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty decent layout, but I think the navigation and them box things to the left and right of the content ruin it.

Perhaps you should have another crack at that area? :)

Okay well, I took in what you said and i did take another crack at it so what do you think?...

http://www.uploadstuff.co.uk/u/1266579298.gif

Fehm
18-02-2010, 09:51 PM
It's still.... hmm, crap.

Jahova
18-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Much better but I think it's a bit of a past time, if you know what I'm saying. A more modern feel for an online radio is needed IMO.

Jam-ez
18-02-2010, 10:24 PM
Much better.

I think one last change is in order. Remove all the images on the left side of the content, align the content better, then make it wider so it fills up that whole gap. Text doesn't look so good when enclosed both sides with graphics. :)

Dentafrice
20-02-2010, 05:23 PM
The headings are too close to the text.

Make the checkbox line up with it's counterpart label next to it.

Login and password are too far apart, and there really isn't any reason to uppercase any of that.

And is listen supposed to be the submit button? If so it's no where near the form itself. Proximity is something you need to keep in mind. If the user can't relate what it is, his eyes are going to bounce around.

There is no invisible line, or any relevance connecting the login area to the listen button for a first time user.

The graphics on the right that you threw in there need to have a point of alignment. They look out of alignment and just slapped on the page (not having much to do with the actual concept of the radio).

I don't like the font you have chosen for "DEVOTE RADIO", looks too slim. Maybe try a fatter bolder font instead of that condensed one.

Also the album art (think that is what that is) in the heading just looks out of place.
Try adding one or two more album art pictures along with it, or try to align it to the hard right instead of just throwing it out in the center by itself.

Sure space is good, but it looks lonely out there with no explanation of itself.

Maybe a heading "hot tunes" or something that explains what it is would help explain it.

Richie
20-02-2010, 05:28 PM
it reminds me of a hosting layout

DuxRawr
22-02-2010, 10:14 PM
I think you should look at websites that have been made already and then look at yours, for a first attempt, its not too bad. But its very in your face and bunched up, try and stick to one colour scheme thats A bit more relaxed.

http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/basics/ < Its got some really useful articles on there.

http://creattica.com/ < Have a look around that, but use it for inspiration and dont copy anything :)

Good luck with your next design :)

Anamations
23-02-2010, 01:49 AM

Lol u made my day even though were only a hour and 50 mins into it D:

mileszilla
23-02-2010, 03:31 AM
First of all, lose the words under DEVOTE RADIO. They make the banner look clustered and unorganized. The aligning is, well... crap.

Instead of:

Can you read between the lines? Yes
you. I bet your only paying attention to the aligning
and not me. Well why don't you go eat
a... hmm... well. Anyways so I know your not reading this.
I've made my great point.Do this:

Can you read between the lines? Yes
you. I bet your only paying attention
to the aligning and not me. Well why
don't you go eat a... hmm... well.
Anyways so I know your not reading
this. I've made my point great point.See, the aligning is better in the second example.

Try fixing the colors into a more "clean" style. :eusa_shif

Black_Apalachi
23-02-2010, 03:53 AM
I quite like the updated version. Most criticisms have already been suggested but the main one for me is just the main text. It needs to be a different font, maybe slightly smaller. It would look even better if it had its own little background area too, perhaps like a shaded area so you can still see the main background through it but it just makes the text clearer :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!