PDA

View Full Version : College or sixth form?

The Don
18-02-2010, 10:05 PM
I have a problem. At the moment i have to choose between a college or a sixthform. The sixthform is in the school i went to for secondary school and the one i am currently at. Obviously i have never been to the college. The college has a better pass rate than my sixth form and has an a level which i would perfer to take which my sixth form doesnt. However only like 2 people i know are going to the college i am considering. and they arent taking the courses i am. So im not sure what to do. I dont want to be sat on my own at lunch and stuff lol. any ideas?

Thread moved by Tash. (Forum Moderator): From 'Discuss Anything'

colourpot
18-02-2010, 10:13 PM
If you say that the college has the better pass rate than the sixthform then i'd say go to college. What matters is your education and it doesnt matter if none of your friends are going there because you will meet new people at college. I knew no one in my class in september apart from one girl who i knew through a friend and it was the best decision i made going to college. I was abit like you tbh cause my friends was staying at sixthform but the course i wanted to do they didnt have. It's up to you really but i'd say sixthform :)

Callum.
18-02-2010, 10:19 PM
i'd rather have gone to college if they offered the courses i wanted. sixthform is pretty much school with frees.

The Don
18-02-2010, 10:21 PM
If you say that the college has the better pass rate than the sixthform then i'd say go to college. What matters is your education and it doesnt matter if none of your friends are going there because you will meet new people at college. I knew no one in my class in september apart from one girl who i knew through a friend and it was the best decision i made going to college. I was abit like you tbh cause my friends was staying at sixthform but the course i wanted to do they didnt have. It's up to you really but i'd say sixthform :)

Did you mean to say college? and thanks for the advice btw :) +rep

i'd rather have gone to college if they offered the courses i wanted. sixthform is pretty much school with frees.

Thanks for the help +rep

colourpot
18-02-2010, 10:22 PM
Did you mean to say college? and thanks for the advice btw :) +rep

ahaha yeah i did, sorry im half asleep at the moment :P Hope it all works out for you :)

Tash.
18-02-2010, 11:03 PM
I didn't have the option of sixth form or College really, but if I had I would still have gone to College. Like someone else said, sixth form is school with a few free periods. College is a lot more grown up, the tutors treat you a lot differently and it's alot more independent.

Soy
18-02-2010, 11:17 PM
I guess it depends, in college your making a new start with your social life and sixth form you kinda' stay with your highschool status..

i stayed in sixth form for that reason :8

leah
23-02-2010, 05:34 PM
college ye man! was nice to make new friends and have a fresh start!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!