PDA

View Full Version : Providing the other side of the Cholesterol argument.

Wig44.
19-02-2010, 12:26 AM
Well since I've seen so many people talking about trying to be healthy, I thought I'd provide the other sde of healthy eating advice, one I believe is true. This is to balance out the argument of what healthy eating actually is, as all we are told is to eat loads of fruit and veg, little fat and little animal products, with the majority of fat eaten to be PUFAs (polyunsaturated fat).

The so called advice (the key to getting the public sick, which makes people money believe it or not - think statins etc) also says that saturated fat/cholesterol is bad. This COULD NOT BE FURTHER FROM THE TRUTH. I'm going to post links to sites that explain things far better than I do and I'll dig through pub med/google scholar if I need to.

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/cholesterol_myth_1.html - also read the rest of the site.
http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com

The only reason I eat carbs (and none of them are refined, and none of them are 'white') is to help me 'bulk' for bodybuilding. The guide to exercise is good too on second-opinions, everyone thinks running/jogging is great but really HIIT is where it's at. 1 Minute of max exertion, 1 min rest, 1 min max exertion until you've done this for 10 mins. This may not even be necessary provided diet is good. Read these, research things for yourself and make your own decision from your own conclusions.

Things like this are important to read: Oxidized low density lipoproteins are the cause of arterial plaque or atherosclerosis or clogged arteries. Polyunsaturated fat is the most ready to oxidize, and eating mainly PUFAs and maintaining a low fat intake leads to small LDL particles, primarily made of polyunsaturated fat. This is a double whammy, as PUFAs oxidize easily and small LDL particles oxidize easily.

There are some good books on amazon about cholesterol too. Will post shortly.

Thanks for reading,
Will.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!