PDA

View Full Version : Tigers Woods statement

StefanWolves
19-02-2010, 04:13 PM
Watching it, and fair play to him for coming out and saying sorry to everyone.

Thoughts?

Adamm
19-02-2010, 04:17 PM
He's hardly going to say "I'm not sorry", is he?

If was truly sorry he wouldn't of done it in the first place. I don't forgive him for what he did, cheating is unforgivable. As a sportsman/athlete, he is still up there and you can't not idolise him - but as a person? Nope.

If there's one thing I can't stand and that is adultery. Same along the lines of this John Terry thing. What he did isn't right, but he should be chosen for the England squad because he's a fantastic footballer and playing football is based on your footballing abilities, not your ability to do your team mates missus.

Just my views.

StefanWolves
19-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Yeah I totally agree with what you said, but at least a statement, a public apology to his family, friends, supporters - like that is a start? I just hope he's true to his word from now onwards... I hope it wasn't all a big act too. :/

Adamm
19-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Just a 'cry me a river' statement IMHO.

luce
19-02-2010, 04:23 PM
Sorry does nothing he was hardly going to be like I'm not sorry and i'd do it all again because i'm as bad as Ashley Cole and i am doing this statement to spite my sponsors who dropped me :D!

Black_Apalachi
19-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Oh I forgot, was it on SSN? If I'm honest, I couldn't care less about what he did or whether he apologises to me for it. He hasn't done anything to me. Sure, if the deal is that he basically cheated on his wife multiple times, then fair enough he's a **** even though it is very surprising. But I can't really compare it with the recent scandal involving some of our football squad because it's completely different. What Terry did had an immediate effect on his team mate which has repercussions on the rest of the team. Being immediately before a World Cup campaign, it is obviously going to cause an uproar amongst the British public, as it should. Woods on the other hand, is a golfer. He doesn't have a team who depends on him and what he did is irrelevant to his career. It's his private life and it hasn't destroyed anybody's family but his own. So to anyone who has never met him yet is so angry with him, I say get over it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!