PDA

View Full Version : Phone Reccomendations

Blue
19-02-2010, 09:27 PM
Right, I've been looking mainly at the HTC phones, and quite fancied one. I was looking at T-Mobile (I like the plans, unlimited texts, more or less unlimited internet, £20 a month), though, their selection of phones is either the HTC Touch 2 (which has windows mobile on it, I would much rather have Android) or the HD2 which is £35 a month, which I would rather not spend.

So, short version. Recommend me a phone, with Android OS, unlimited texts, unlimited internet (will compromise on that) no more than £25 a month :)

Andys
26-02-2010, 04:20 PM
I've got a htc hero (anroid) and really don't like it.
It crashes all the time and is slow as hell.

::Art::
26-02-2010, 04:30 PM
im not on bill pay or watever but the Sont Ericsson w580i

Jordy
26-02-2010, 04:46 PM
I have also heard of numerous bad experiences with the HTC Hero (Dad, friend IRL and also someone on here, all of them sent it back).

If you could stretch your budget to an extra £5 a month or are willing to pay an extra £80 or so for the phone, you can get some cracking deals on the Motorola Milestone on Mobiles.co.uk (Generally the cheapest website for mobile contracts :))

Recursion
26-02-2010, 05:19 PM
I have the G1, which the Hero replaced and I love it, a friend of mine has the HTC Hero (he's not a techy guy at all) and after about a week of playing with it he doesn't know how he ever did without it.

HotelUser
26-02-2010, 08:01 PM
I like Android better than iPhone OS but the iPhones are faster. If I were you I'd go Nexus One. I don't recommend getting a Windows Mobile phone when Winphone 7 is on the horizon.

Whatever you do avoid the crapberry at all possible cost.

Recursion
26-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I like Android better than iPhone OS but the iPhones are faster. If I were you I'd go Nexus One. I don't recommend getting a Windows Mobile phone when Winphone 7 is on the horizon.

Whatever you do avoid the crapberry at all possible cost.

It's pretty certain the HTC HD2 will get an update to WinMo 7 when it comes out.

And yes, DO avoid the crapberry. LOL

Blue
27-02-2010, 08:37 AM
:P thanks for your suggestions guys, keep em' coming

The Professor
27-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Motorola Backflip is supposed to be pretty good, as well as the milestone and DEXT. Motorola seem to the the android company atm.

HotelUser
27-02-2010, 08:31 PM
I cannot express how much better a snapdragon android phone would be over some windows mobile or crapberry crap :)

Jordy
27-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I cannot express how much better a snapdragon android phone would be over some windows mobile or crapberry crap :)Look no further than the Nexus One and upcoming HTC Desire then.

HotelUser
27-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Look no further than the Nexus One and upcoming HTC Desire then.

That's exactly where I would put my money :)

The Professor
01-03-2010, 10:48 PM
Not the milestone? That has a snapdragon processor doesn't it?

Jordy
01-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Not the milestone? That has a snapdragon processor doesn't it?Nope, the HTC HD2, HTC Desire, Nexus One, LG eXpo and Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 are the phones which (will) have it :)

Snapdragon easily trumps any other smartphone processor btw.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!