PDA

View Full Version : Nokia N97 +rep

Adamm
21-02-2010, 01:28 AM
I've had this phone, on contract, since August and it's been problem after problem. It's generally a terrible phone, which I'd put up with, but it doesn't even work. The problems are endless and are, very quickly, rendering the phone useless. It's on an 18 month contract so I have it until February 2011.

I was wondering what are my rights if I phone them up telling them the phone is awful, it doesn't work etc? What am I entitled to?

Thanks

Kevin
21-02-2010, 01:41 AM
Bring the phone back to the retailer and explain that it has been giving you hassle, and ask them to repair it. It should be still under warranty since it was purchased less than 1 year ago.

If it constantly comes back broken after they have 'fixed' it, you may be then entitled to a refund, but I think the best place for you to head now is the retailer not habboxforum

Adamm
21-02-2010, 07:19 PM
I am not an idiot, I was hoping someone would come on and explain my statutory rights are and what I am entitled to before the guys at the retailer fob me off some nonsense.

Thank you for the indirect insult though, much appreciated.

Recursion
21-02-2010, 08:53 PM
I am not an idiot, I was hoping someone would come on and explain my statutory rights are and what I am entitled to before the guys at the retailer fob me off some nonsense.

Thank you for the indirect insult though, much appreciated.

If you're going to be like that then get out of the Technology section, he gave you perfectly valid advice and it is exactly what you should do.

Want to read up on your statutory rights?

Go look it up yourself, it's what Google is for, I think you'll find it is in the first 2 results if you use the right search terms, it'll be published on a government website.

-rep.

Smits
21-02-2010, 08:56 PM
You can't get out of a contract because you don't like a phone.

If it really is broken and doesnt work, the retailer will usually repair or replace the phone since they want to keep your custom.

But yeh the best bet really is to go and talk with them.

DJ-Ains.T
21-02-2010, 09:00 PM
get insurance... leave it for a week, then get it completly fixed and wait till you get an upgrade.

Adamm
21-02-2010, 09:31 PM
If you're going to be like that then get out of the Technology section, he gave you perfectly valid advice and it is exactly what you should do.

Want to read up on your statutory rights?

Go look it up yourself, it's what Google is for, I think you'll find it is in the first 2 results if you use the right search terms, it'll be published on a government website.

-rep.
So what's the point in a forum then if we Google everything? I wanted experience etc. Most Google searches end up with forums anyway so they're not fact. No need for the -rep either, not that I'm bothered.

You can't get out of a contract because you don't like a phone.

If it really is broken and doesnt work, the retailer will usually repair or replace the phone since they want to keep your custom.

But yeh the best bet really is to go and talk with them.
I never said I could, I'm more than happy to pay the contract (otherwise I wouldn't have taken it out) but I would prefer a phone that worked.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!