PDA

View Full Version : Staff Visit's Suggestion

Titch
23-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Okay, so we all know when staff visit habbox they always answer hardly any questions, so how about next time staff are going to visit, every1 has the chance to enter one question into a thread that they would like to ask, then management go through them and pick out the ones that seem most intresting and would get best response, then when they come you can give them a sheet of 10 or 15 questions or whatever and they can be answered in detail and then put in announcements forum or something?

would be alot better than the current system.

scottish
23-02-2010, 11:37 PM
They aren't in a habbit of coming to the forum alot so not really a big issue.

Titch
23-02-2010, 11:44 PM
They aren't in a habbit of coming to the forum alot so not really a big issue.

never said it was a major issue, just a suggestion for next time they visit, would make things alot clearer and hopefully people would be less disappointing as they would know what questions are being asked and hopefully they would be able to be answered in a bit more detail.

Nixt
23-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Oli and I discussed this because we weren't 100% happy with Gandalfthegrey's visit. We essentially thought we would moderate questions and submit the best ones as you suggest. We are looking to increase forum visits, too.

Adamm
23-02-2010, 11:46 PM
Okay, so we all know when staff visit habbox they always answer hardly any questions, so how about next time staff are going to visit, every1 has the chance to enter one question into a thread that they would like to ask, then management go through them and pick out the ones that seem most intresting and would get best response, then when they come you can give them a sheet of 10 or 15 questions or whatever and they can be answered in detail and then put in announcements forum or something?

would be alot better than the current system.
Hi I posted this in the other thread. Why steal my idea and pass it off as your own? Plagiarism or what?

Fig.1 http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=6321802&postcount=11

Titch
23-02-2010, 11:50 PM
Hi I posted this in the other thread. Why steal my idea and pass it off as your own? Plagiarism or what?

Fig.1 http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=6321802&postcount=11

been banned so couldnt even view it. :P

Hecktix
23-02-2010, 11:53 PM
We have things like this planned, infact, I staff are being contacted about possible visits very soon :D

Titch
23-02-2010, 11:57 PM
We have things like this planned, infact, I staff are being contacted about possible visits very soon :D

Sounds good, nice to see that management themselfs thought it could of went better and have been taking steps to improve it without having to be suggested. well done oli and garion :)

Blinger1
24-02-2010, 05:00 AM
Oli and I discussed this because we weren't 100% happy with Gandalfthegrey's visit. We essentially thought we would moderate questions and submit the best ones as you suggest. We are looking to increase forum visits, too.
The problem with this is that a lot of favouritism could happen...

Hecktix
24-02-2010, 09:20 AM
The problem with this is that a lot of favouritism could happen...

I don't think Garion or myself would demonstrate bias. It doesn't really gowith my job ;)

Adamm
24-02-2010, 11:03 AM
I don't think Garion or myself would demonstrate bias. It doesn't really gowith my job ;)
BAHAHAHA.

Anyway, no. I think favourtism should happen, but you should be bias towards those forum members who actually play Habbo and not those wanting to get in on the 'famous' visits.

Hecktix
24-02-2010, 12:34 PM
BAHAHAHA.

Anyway, no. I think favourtism should happen, but you should be bias towards those forum members who actually play Habbo and not those wanting to get in on the 'famous' visits.

I wouldn't call that favouritism, I'd say that's just fair selection.

However obviously we would want to present the best questions to staff and some of the best questions may be submitted by former habbo players. I don't see a problem with this as long as the question is good and valid.

Black_Apalachi
24-02-2010, 01:00 PM

However obviously we would want to present the best questions to staff and some of the best questions may be submitted by former habbo players. I don't see a problem with this as long as the question is good and valid.

Exactly. I'd be very disappointed if I came up with a good question but was denied just because I no longer play the game.

The Professor
24-02-2010, 03:53 PM

That's how Hitler justified the holocaust :P

Did you complain to Habbo about the half hearted visit? Seems a lot of people were disappointed :(

Sammeth.
24-02-2010, 08:35 PM
I never get bored of the Habbox slash Nazi Germany parallels :P

Hecktix
24-02-2010, 09:08 PM
If we want more visits I don't think it'd go down to well if we complained about the first one.

I think it's best we take it as an experience and learn from it and hope to make it better the next time.

Titch
25-02-2010, 12:56 AM
If we want more visits I don't think it'd go down to well if we complained about the first one.

I think it's best we take it as an experience and learn from it and hope to make it better the next time.

yeah that was my aim of this thread, not to moan, just to give an idea of maby how we could make the situation outcome better for us next time.

Blinger1
25-02-2010, 03:07 AM
how did you guys manage to get this guy to come here anyway?

Hecktix
25-02-2010, 11:41 AM
The recent staff visits were organised by Habbo for us, as part of fansite fortnight.

We plan to get more by letting Roxy916 email sulake and offer them.... things.

Black_Apalachi
26-02-2010, 03:54 PM
That's how Hitler justified the holocaust :P

Did you complain to Habbo about the half hearted visit? Seems a lot of people were disappointed :(

You fail (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law) :D I don't think we have much basis to complain really considering as Oli said, it was organised independently by Habbo as opposed to Habbox approaching Habbo and asking them if any staff would like to visit and making more specific requests. Not that Roxy16 offering them "things" is what I had in mind...

Adamm
26-02-2010, 04:10 PM
The recent staff visits were organised by Habbo for us, as part of fansite fortnight.

We plan to get more by letting Roxy916 email sulake and offer them.... things.
So who did the other fansites get? Out of curiosity.

Roxy
26-02-2010, 04:33 PM
So who did the other fansites get? Out of curiosity.

http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/995-chat-with-habbo-staff

Says which fansite got who on there.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!