PDA

View Full Version : School Network

Sharon
24-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Is there anyway of actually getting into my schools internet on my iPod at school without ******* losing it and trying every password?

Theres 3 at school:

Students - Locked
Staff - Locked
Guest - Open

The only problem with Guest is that it redirects you to a page where you need a Pass

Am I wasting my time here? :8

syko2006
24-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Is there anyway of actually getting into my schools internet on my iPod at school without ******* losing it and trying every password?

Theres 3 at school:

Students - Locked
Staff - Locked
Guest - Open

The only problem with Guest is that it redirects you to a page where you need a Pass

Am I wasting my time here? :8

Yes lol.

I highly doubt you'd be able to guess the password as it's a school network it'd probably be WPA too. I really don't know what else to say just, give up. :P

Shox
24-02-2010, 08:42 PM
You could try finding out what router model your school uses for some of those access points, then search online for default username and passwords. It's a lot of work though.

Recursion
24-02-2010, 08:50 PM
Your school wont use routers as such, they will use wireless access points connected to switches, which will go through servers like ISA or Smoothwall, if they are following the government guidelines they should be using WPA2 security and/or RADIUS authentication, not much point messing about with it, just ask them to set it up for you.

The IT guys are our school will put the key in for us on our laptops, phones, iPods etc, while at my school we don't connect devices that aren't provided by us.

cocaine
24-02-2010, 08:51 PM
the network password at my schools been leaked, of course it did involve a certain someone going on a teachers laptop whilst she was out of the room..

Geraint
24-02-2010, 09:06 PM
i'm banned from my school internet. rock solid guy here. not that this has anything to do with the thread like. just bragging my hardness init. obvious replies need not reply.

Sharon
24-02-2010, 09:11 PM
Your school wont use routers as such, they will use wireless access points connected to switches, which will go through servers like ISA or Smoothwall, if they are following the government guidelines they should be using WPA2 security and/or RADIUS authentication, not much point messing about with it, just ask them to set it up for you.

The IT guys are our school will put the key in for us on our laptops, phones, iPods etc, while at my school we don't connect devices that aren't provided by us.

Thats good :P

i'm banned from my school internet. rock solid guy here. not that this has anything to do with the thread like. just bragging my hardness init. obvious replies need not reply.

loooooooool xxxxxxxx

Markeh
24-02-2010, 09:15 PM
If the guest page requires both a username and password, try your user account details.

N!ck
24-02-2010, 09:16 PM

Well once the password is entered on your laptop or whatever you can easily retrieve it ;).

Sharon
24-02-2010, 09:37 PM
nah i tried that im smart usee LOL

nah we were on laptops so i was like .. lets try to get the pass innit no luck

Recursion
24-02-2010, 09:39 PM
Well once the password is entered on your laptop or whatever you can easily retrieve it ;).

Already have, hence why they have to shove us on our own VLAN now ;D

N!ck
24-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Already have, hence why they have to shove us on our own VLAN now ;D

Fairy nuff.

Surely they expected this though?

Sunny.
25-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Highly doubt its possibly. Even if you get past the router password, there will be another login page for you to log into to ensure you have access to the internet.

I tried it my school. Got past the router password, but couldnt get past the next login page.

CrazyColaist
27-02-2010, 02:18 PM
ask around abit and if you use laptops at school say you've lost the internet and it wont re-connect to pw. and just ask the teacher, thats what i did haha.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!