PDA

View Full Version : The HC Crash - What do YOU blame?

CurtisJohns
24-02-2010, 08:53 PM
As everyone has noticed the recent drop in HC value has lead to them being solt from the lowest price being just 5 creds and up to 8. This has obviously effected Habbox Values massively and given them the challenge of stabilising the rare values market for us. For this I thank them :-) However, what do we blame, .... DO we blame it on the credit cost, as it dropped from 35 to 25 people arre getting less so are therefore less eager to buy expensive things, or do we blame the Habbo Market in the catalogue that has now made trade rooms less used and rare collecting very easy and irritatingly no fun. Personally I blame the Habbo Market but what do you blame and why?

I'll read all posts , Thanks
Curtis :-)

sammy
24-02-2010, 09:00 PM
The Habbo Marketplace - now that its so much easier to get Hcs the demand is alot higher ;)

amarj
24-02-2010, 09:07 PM
i blame it on the habbo market. there is just too much on market, i think its habbo fault making hcs so easy to get.

Here is my theory, say the value market is10c per hcs, when there loads of people selling these often other people lower their price 1c so that they can sell faster or people buy hcs off them instead of the others.

Mostly this happen to ppl who have alot of hcs, like today this person had 94 hcs and was selling at 5c per he knew he could get 6-7c for it but he wanted to sell fast.

I also noticed that most people are less eager to pay more credits for rares, whether its due to hcs or not I can't say

AgnesIO
24-02-2010, 09:41 PM
No one should be blaming anything apart than the habbomarket.

As that is what has affected it.

Sharon
24-02-2010, 09:43 PM
the stupid ******* marketplace ofcourse .. ****** everything up

brodeo
24-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Why isn't there a vote for 'natural market progression'?

intern.
24-02-2010, 10:22 PM
I blame the habbo market and credit cost because surely theres more credits coming out of the game ( marketplace, gift wrapping ) than there is coming in ( people buying credits ) therefore making them more valuable

CurtisJohns
24-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I blame the habbo market and credit cost because surely theres more credits coming out of the game ( marketplace, gift wrapping ) than there is coming in ( people buying credits ) therefore making them more valuable

I defo follow this, I think your right intern! Great analysis :-)

Mr-Trainor
24-02-2010, 10:28 PM
I blame it on:
- The HC crash rumours which has caused alot of people to sell up all their CSs'
- The marketplace comissions and other small things like the gift wrapping prices
- The reduced amount of credits you receive

and credits could go up even higher if Habbo decided to do what some other hotels have done where you pay comission to buy credits from the habbo exchange.

Dinosaurawrr
24-02-2010, 11:30 PM
I Blame sulake not just the habbo market
the market caused alot of it which was invented by sulake.
they also bringing out this pick ure hc gift making hc's even more worthless.
therefore its sulake not just the habbo market.

Soy
24-02-2010, 11:53 PM
It was going to happen eventually, it will recover :)

Ajthedragon
25-02-2010, 05:19 PM
The marketplace. Although making credits more expensive must have had an impact some way or another, along with Payday+ prices being risen.

Lew
25-02-2010, 08:26 PM
Marketplace.

Black_Apalachi
26-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Time. Anyone making these 'OMGZ THE HC HAS CRASHED' threads on the basis that their value has slightly decreased from 10c, are a bit naive to say the least. Up until relatively recently (maybe two or three years ago) the HC Sofa always maintained a solid value of 60RD. By today's values that's around 20c. So after remaining at that value for well over half a decade it halved, yet now people are going berserk even though it's barely decreased by 20%!

On the face of it, the HC is undoubtedly the quickest rare being distributed into circulation so it's inevitable that like any other rare, it will eventually collapse in value. The fact that it's taken probably near enough a decade to do so (if you even count its current state as "collapse") is quite frankly remarkable.

AgnesIO
26-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I also don't see why people are calling it 'The HC Crash'?

The hc hasn't crashed - credits have become stronger. If nobody else has realised if we say the hc has crashed, so has every rare. It's just one of the main currencies is now stronger..

Mr-Trainor
26-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I also don't see why people are calling it 'The HC Crash'?

The hc hasn't crashed - credits have become stronger. If nobody else has realised if we say the hc has crashed, so has every rare. It's just one of the main currencies is now stronger..

That's what I was saying here: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=630829
It's due to the fact that the Club Sofas are traded so often on a daily basis on the hotel that they have been more easily recognised. And also, I agree. Club Sofas have only dropped around 3-5 credits which isn't really very much.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!