PDA

View Full Version : face book

smiffy70
25-02-2010, 06:36 PM
im really upset coz one of my m8's set up a facebook hate page for our school, he asked me to delete his name from being creator and his email from page. now the scchool has seen the page and contacted face book to shut it down and every 1 dat was part of da group is gettin reported to the police ( which is lik hlf the school).

he then added my mate beth and she has been blamed for being the creator. she took her name of admin bit leaving me as the only admin left. now im gettin loads of hate mail fro mthe members and when i tell them it was my m8 they say they dont beleive me, now he is blaming it on beth who was completly incocent and its just one big mess.

just thought i would share dat wid every1

dirrty
25-02-2010, 06:43 PM
drama drama drama

i doubt you'd be reported to the police - they're probably just saying that to scare you.

Yoshimitsui
25-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Im sure the majority of people do not enjoy school however i must say to create a hate page is really quite pathetic to be honest. And if you get into trouble for victimising and targeting others because of it you have to suffer the consequences of being caught.

If the police are involved they will quite easily be able to access who created it, who was involved and what was said by individual people, i guarantee you that. However, what the school can directly see is a different matter if they are acting internally on that without information from the police they will go straight to the obvious and visible offenders, anyone else will be caught in the long run.

If those involved have any decency they will own up to their part when asked about it.

Mathew
25-02-2010, 06:48 PM
thx 4 sharin dat wiv us.

bit silly rly, ur skl dus so much and then u go and hate on it. glad ur all reported 2 police.

::Art::
25-02-2010, 06:52 PM
thx 4 sharin dat wiv us.

bit silly rly, ur skl dus so much and then u go and hate on it. glad ur all reported 2 police.

You go girlfriend.

Special
25-02-2010, 06:52 PM
You will feel better for telling someone

If the police do get involved, i wouldnt worry, but to be honest im sure they have better things to do, or i at least hope so

If they do they will just give you a warning (no jail or anything!)

But yeah, leave the group now or try to deleat it, because you're admin you might be able to.

It was a silly thing to do, but we all make mistakes, i know i have!

Like i always tell myself, no point getting stressed over something that cant be changed like this. It's happened so you need to face it

N!ck
25-02-2010, 06:54 PM
A) it's pathetic.

B) They connot do anything. It's a free country. You can say you hate your school if you want. I can say I hate you if I want to and there's nothing you can do.

CJW93
25-02-2010, 08:42 PM
Should of made a fan page insted

Pyroka
25-02-2010, 08:50 PM
LOL at this. Anywee, the police would tell the school to do one for wasting police time. It's not like you were plotting to burn the place down... Were you? O_O

danzooo
25-02-2010, 08:54 PM
What exactly are the police going to do, somebody created a hate group about a school and suddenly you'll all be arrested? I don't think so
Christ it's the 21st century, we're entitled to opinions now, we're not living in 1940's Nazi Germany... Come on now, get real.

camera
25-02-2010, 09:46 PM
hah, one of my most hated classmates moaned to our class advisor bout us tweeting/blogging/fbing bout her. she shd be proud that shes the hot topic. but thts besides the point. theres no such thing as freedom of speech online tbf

RareIce
25-02-2010, 10:30 PM
yeah yeah...they threatened me with the sex offenders register when i dropped my pants on the corridor in front of some helpless year 9's (i hard shorts on) but got caught by the camera....nothing happened anyway so i wouldn't worry.

Black_Apalachi
26-02-2010, 07:03 PM
Lmao when the original admin left, did it automatically assign a new one? :P Anyway lol at them involving the police. It's common knowledge that people innocently join Facebook groups all the time for no reason. The original creator might get a telling off but that's as far as I'd imagine it would go.

ecstasy
26-02-2010, 08:28 PM
i thought bebo is where the younguns hang

RedStratocas
26-02-2010, 11:12 PM
im sorry but how could you possibly be gullible enough to believe that the police would get involved in a case about a facebook hate group?

Black_Apalachi
27-02-2010, 12:12 AM
When I was at school a lad made an MSN profile thing or something about this other lad and got into trouble with the head teacher. However I'd consider it more likely for the police to be involved in something like that (a 1 on 1 hate attack) as opposed to a bunch of kids half-heartedly saying 'we hate school' lol.

Soy
27-02-2010, 12:54 AM
post link i will join for lols

Yoshimitsui
27-02-2010, 01:40 AM
If they targeted teachers in ways i can imagine has happened before and won't be the last the police will very much get involved, the same applies for any individuals.

Problemo
27-02-2010, 01:16 PM
You're school can contact Facebook and ask for removal of the group, Facebook can then look at the group's history and take any appropriate action if they feel it necessary such as warnings to individual user’s, they cannot pass on information to the school about the group or individual users because of the data protection act. They can pass on information to the police or the police can request information from Facebook but this wouldn’t happen because of a hate group for a school, it would be a waste of police time. At the end of the day a school is an organisation you search Facebook and you’ll see hate group’s for all types of organisations, a school is no different however if Individuals were targetted the police may well get involved.

Gibs960
27-02-2010, 05:52 PM
I've got loads of groups on facebook against schools and teachers and stuff like that, how did the teachers find out? No one ever goes on our pages at school from the teachers, don't think they're allowed.

Japan
27-02-2010, 07:48 PM
I saw a maths teacher on farmville during break.
I don't think you need to worry about anything. All the hate messages will stop coming eventually and everyone will forget about it.
Think about it, in 20 years time, will anyone (even employers) really care if you were an admin of a facebook group?

jordan:j
27-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Sorry, but that was a stupid idea to make a page about that. Many police officers and school admins have fb and look for those kind of things.

Hopefully next time the creator of that group will think.

CrazyColaist
27-02-2010, 07:55 PM
my teachers are on fb all the time, ive got a few old teachers on my fb.

smiffy70
28-02-2010, 03:38 PM
lol got called into the school's head office and i dobbed all the main people init, but they r blaming me and every time i go on msn i have got about 16 emails of hate mail

9y
01-03-2010, 04:10 PM
To delete it you must remove all the members then leave the group yourself. gl

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!