PDA

View Full Version : Free career advice on Facebook (gov't initiative!)

mattmatheson
26-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Hello all

I hope you don't mind me posting to this forum - I have something I think would be of help to you all!

I'm currently working with the Department for Children, Schools and Families on a project that aims to help students get advice on their future careers.

It's called Guiding Lights and has been created to inspire people like you in your careers, no matter what your backgrounds. The Guiding Lights Facebook Fan Page showcases inspirational career stories, advice and tips from young 'role models' who are already working across a range of industries.

Manchester United manager, Sir Alex Ferguson, world-famous architect and Gherkin creator, Lord Foster, TV journalist, Donald MacIntyre, and lots of other successful people have already posted stories on the site.

We're spreading the word to as many students as possible to provide you with an oppurtunity to ask people who have made it any questions that you want!

It's easy to get involved, - become a fan of Guiding Lights on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/GuidingLights and post your questions in the discussions forum and the role models will be more than happy to respond and help you. There's some brilliant content on there already.

I'm also happy to answer any questions if anyone is curious about the initiative.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read, and I hope that this post is usefull to you!

Matt

Catzsy
26-02-2010, 05:00 PM
Looks like a great idea and welcome to the Forum. =]

luce
26-02-2010, 05:17 PM
really good idea to target teenagers where some of them spend most of their time - i'll take a look now :)!

Black_Apalachi
26-02-2010, 07:42 PM
Love the idea of coming to a place like this to spread your message. Thanks for the info :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!