PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] Perm banned for something I didn't do.

Art
26-02-2010, 04:24 PM
Oh the joys of player support.

My email to staff;

Hey guys :

You have been banned! The reason for the ban is "You have been banned until Jul 24, 2021 9:33:42 AM. Attempting to steal account passwords is not permitted. Repeat offenses may be communicated to the police and your parents. Please review the Habbo Way and our Terms and Conditions.", and it will expire at 24/07/21 9:33 AM.

Just for the record, I selected none of the above as I don't THINK I am banned, I KNOW I am banned.

Anyway, so here is what happened. I was in a coin grabber and a Habbo was standing in place of a prize. The room owner started an auction for her. There were many extreme bids, including bidding sulake, god, 1 million dollars, all the furniture in the hotel etc. I bid all the furniture in the hotel + every users password.

Honestly, you cannot possibly believe that I intended to do that??

Seriously. You would expect someone who is being paid for what they do to actually do their job properly.

I have a fairly clean record on Habbo and would never attempt to hack anyone or anything like that. We were just having a bit of fun.

Thank you for your time.

Their reply (very well written, by the way);

Hi Habbo,

You were banned for trying to get another Habbos account password. It is against the Habbo way to ask for another Habbo's password and carries the penalty of a permanent ban.

This is against the Habbo as you may decide to log into their Habbo account and steal their stuff ? and that?s not very nice at all! Even if you didn't have plans to steal their stuff, it's still very dangerous to share accounts and also warrants a permanent ban.

My reply;

This is a joke. Did you even look at the context of the situation at all?!

I was NOT trying to get another Habbo's password. Please show me proof of that. I would love to see it!

Pretending to bid all the furniture in the hotel and every user's password is CLEARLY a joke!

I'm not sharing accounts with anyone!

I have been a member of your community for 5 years + and this is how you treat me?

PLEASE check the chat logs!

May I ask which staff member responded to this email and which moderator banned me?

and no reply since then. A friend of mine sent them an email today claiming to be a parent and got the following response (today):

Hi Habbo, We will consider lessening your childs ban if he replies with a 100 word essay on why his behaviour was wrong and list several points on how his actions could affect others. Explain why Habbo needs to remove players from the hotel when they behave in this way.

Seriously. They clearly still haven't checked what really happened.

I feel like I am talking to a brick wall :\

Homosexual
26-02-2010, 04:36 PM
Your fault, you shouldn't of offered passwords.

Sulake are dumb, tbh.

Gibs960
26-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Just write the essay :) It might clear it all up but they might just say you're banned for a year, they might as well perm you anything over that.

Sharon
26-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Is that a joke the last reply btw this ain't no English lesson ...

Black_Apalachi
26-02-2010, 05:37 PM
Lol at the illiterate person you replied to you and lol at them calling your supposed parent a Habbo. By the way they could easily see this thread and know if wasn't really your parent after all.

As for their attitude regarding the issue; it's not at all surprising any more. I'd write the essay in their own style of writing; i.e. badly.

amarj
26-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Hi Habbo, We will consider lessening your childs ban if he replies with a 100 word essay on why his behaviour was wrong and list several points on how his actions could affect others. Explain why Habbo needs to remove players from the hotel when they behave in this way.

I guess this shows some resposibility, show if you do this it tells them that you learnt your lesson and will not make that mistake again lol

You should have known habbo will take everything seriously, something like a password joke or whatever they will take it seriously cause others will fall for it.

sammy
26-02-2010, 09:07 PM
LOL @ the illiterate mod. Writing a '100 word essay' what a load of rubbish! Habbo mods need to grow up & stop being so petty. I feel for you.

Shame on Habbo moderators.

Verrou
26-02-2010, 10:41 PM
LOL Tim. That sucks bro! But it doesn't need to be 100 words haha that's a bit extreme... I usually say something along the lines off "After a serious talk with my parents, I now realise what I did was wrong. It was very selfish and would have been very hurtful to the other players of the game. I am honestly and truthfully sorry and promise to never act like that again. Please forgive my immature actions. Thanks, Tim"

Prebbo
26-02-2010, 11:54 PM
You need to be polite,
I was and got unpermed within 24hours

Art
27-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Thanks for the replies.

I'd be all for writing the essay if I was actually banned for something I had done :\

Also, my friend posed as my parent without me knowing. I had nothing to do with it :P

Blinger1
27-02-2010, 01:29 AM
oh god your screwed mate!

Thats why i left habbo au. Look at my account "slum".. i was perm banned, check what they called the room names -.-'

Art
27-02-2010, 02:06 AM
*** ^

What were you banned for??

Blinger1
27-02-2010, 02:11 AM
You have been banned! The reason for the ban is "removed under section 2.2 of the T&C (id: 12858)", and it will expire at 23/01/17 1:10 AM.

basically (dunno if they have changed it since then) it was "for no reason at all" ;/

Art
27-02-2010, 02:13 AM
:\ damn. Did you try appeal??

EDIT: http://twitpic.com/15d8e2 lawl

Blinger1
27-02-2010, 02:14 AM
yep. they said they won't budge =/ and it was a mass perm ban.

On another one of my accounts it said "go back to your home hotel", which is AU !

Art
27-02-2010, 02:21 AM
That sucks :( Have you heard anything about player support blocking emails??

Blinger1
27-02-2010, 02:22 AM
no, why/how would they block emails :S?

Art
27-02-2010, 02:24 AM
I've been told that they block emails if you send them to many :S or something.

Guess not :P

EDIT: I meant email addresses sorry.

Blinger1
27-02-2010, 02:28 AM
i know what you meant :P

I think they would eventually ignore you, or put you on the 'back burner'. And i doubt ringing up would do anything either...

Black_Apalachi
27-02-2010, 12:02 PM
:\ damn. Did you try appeal??

EDIT: http://twitpic.com/15d8e2 lawl

I wouldn't have minded stuff like this from Hobbas who volunteered to help out, but an employed member of staff doing work like that and also treating people the way Blinger was treated, is quite frankly shocking. Blinger I would actually make a formal complaint to Sulake Oy if I were you and they actually said that to you.

Pyroka
27-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Oh the joys of player support.

My email to staff;

Their reply (very well written, by the way);

My reply;

and no reply since then. A friend of mine sent them an email today claiming to be a parent and got the following response (today):

Seriously. They clearly still haven't checked what really happened.

I feel like I am talking to a brick wall :\

LOL EPIC REPLY ON THE PARENT BIT, HAHAHAHHA HOW OLD DO THEY THINK PEOPLE ARE THESE DAYS HAHAHAHAHHA

Laurensh1
27-02-2010, 04:12 PM
I hope you understand they cannot unban everything - this would make unbanning very easily which shouldn't be. If that was the case, Mods would get the blame of every ban and everything lifted... It would not work.

Stop wining, get over Habbo or write the essay easily.

bratacas
27-02-2010, 09:43 PM
hm I have been permed :( all cos someone trashed my room, what happaned was I have a jap cafe and someone with rights trashed it when I was gone (dunno who) and a random guy came in and cos the trasher stacked all my dragons in the same place they are giving off a colour changing effect and random guy asks how it does that, and I jokingly said "its a super colour changing dragon, yours for 5T" was just joking, and he must of reported me as ive been permed for "scripting" tried to appeal but no reply, I had super super rares and everything :( any way I can be unpermed??

HotelUser
27-02-2010, 09:44 PM
This happened because Habbo UK moderation is completely and utterly horrible (http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=630504).

Art
28-02-2010, 12:50 AM
I hope you understand they cannot unban everything - this would make unbanning very easily which shouldn't be. If that was the case, Mods would get the blame of every ban and everything lifted... It would not work.

Stop wining, get over Habbo or write the essay easily.

lol. You do realize that through me writing that essay, I am admitting to actually having done what the mods are accusing me wrongfully of?

Did you even read the emails? The staff haven't analyzed the situation properly at all. I have every right to complain.

I know that they cannot unban everyone. Thank you for clearing that up though.

Jahova
28-02-2010, 08:15 AM
They saw the word password and they dropped the B bomb. Dear.

Black_Apalachi
28-02-2010, 08:26 PM
hm I have been permed :( all cos someone trashed my room, what happaned was I have a jap cafe and someone with rights trashed it when I was gone (dunno who) and a random guy came in and cos the trasher stacked all my dragons in the same place they are giving off a colour changing effect and random guy asks how it does that, and I jokingly said "its a super colour changing dragon, yours for 5T" was just joking, and he must of reported me as ive been permed for "scripting" tried to appeal but no reply, I had super super rares and everything :( any way I can be unpermed??

That sucks. By this logic, I could report Lost_Witness for asking for my password and they should automatically believe me without looking into the context of the situation and ban him.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!