PDA

View Full Version : Nigel Farage launches tirrade against unelected President of Europe

-:Undertaker:-
26-02-2010, 07:47 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1253714/You-charisma-wet-rag-British-MEP-launches-astonishing-tirade-new-president-European-Council.html#comments

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8536630.stm

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/willheaven/100027482/video-you-have-the-charisma-of-a-damp-rag-nigel-farage-tells-eu-president/

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/02/25/article-1253714-08769002000005DC-817_468x286.jpg

A British eurosceptic MEP has unleashed a volley of insults against the new president of the European Council - branding him a 'damp rag' from a non-country. To gasps from other members of the EU legislature, Nigel Farage, the enfant terrible of the United Kingdom Independence Party, launched a tirade against Herman Van Rompuy, the Belgian chosen by the 27 EU leaders to chair their regular summits. Farage said that when the EU appointed its first president last November, it was hoped he would be 'a giant global figure' and a 'political leader for 500 million people' who deserved a higher salary than U.S. President Barack Obama.

'But I'm afraid all we got was you,' said Farage, looking directly at Van Rompuy, a 62-year-old former Belgian prime minister with thinning grey hair and spectacles. 'I don't want to be rude but you know, really, you have the charisma of a damp rag and the appearance... of a bank clerk,' shouted Farage, to heckles from other parliamentarians. Such verbal abuse is a feature of parliament's adversarial politics but very rare in the EU chamber, where debate is muted partly due to a pro-European consensus but also because it is conducted in 23 languages through interpreters and headphones.

'Is this European democracy?' Farage asked. 'You appear to have a loathing of the very concept of the existence of nation states. 'Perhaps that's because you come from Belgium, which of course is pretty much a non-country.'

Mr Farage - known for his outspoken interventions - did, however, admit that he thought Mr Van Rompuy was 'competent and capable', adding that this made him 'dangerous'. 'I have no doubt that your intention is to be the quiet assassin of European democracy and of European nation states,' he said. 'Oh, I know democracy is not popular with you lot,' he added, addressing the members of parliament as they voiced their surprise.
But he refused to apologise for the outburst, claiming his rant had been 'half light-hearted'. 'Then the sky falls in and suddenly I’m the most awful person,' he said.

'The fact that he’s a shy, dull technocrat doesn’t mean he’s not a very dangerous person when it comes to democracy and rights within the EU. 'I thought the process by which this man was appointed was appalling. He’s not democratically accountable to the people of Europe in any way at all.' Pointing out that Mr Van Rompuy is paid more than U.S. President Barack Obama, the UKIP leader claimed on Radio 4’s Today programme: 'I was speaking for the majority of the British people.'A bit rude but did what he intended it to do and bring this issue to the mainstream media and from what I have seen and heard from EU officals/the French President this is nothing compared to what they have said in the past to eachother and to us. You may not like what Farage says or the way he said it, but at least here for once is a politician telling it like it is. Van Rompuy has in the past called for nation states (such as our country, the United Kingdom) to be abolished and replaced with world government. As for President Rumpy Vun Pumpy Who is this man? - who elected him? - and who asked for him?

Infact even right now, this unelected President is wanting more power to rule over Europe; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/7326640/War-in-the-EU-as-Herman-Van-Rompuy-makes-power-grab.html

You can watch the video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypLwI5AQvY).

Thoughts?

Technologic
26-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Stupid man, doesn't represent the people. There is a little thing called respect.

26-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Stupid man, doesn't represent the people. There is a little thing called respect.

Well unlike Mr Van Rompuy, Mr Farage was elected by the British people to represent the British people.

Hitman
26-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Mr. Farage has balls. I respect him for speaking out like that and I find it amusing.

GommeInc
26-02-2010, 09:24 PM
I do like Mr. Farage, he's an incredibly intelligent man and does speak for quite alot of British people, and people with common sense. Van Rompuy just hates the idea of individual nations in general, and as Farage said, it's most likely due to the fact Belgium is a non-country.

ifuseekamy
26-02-2010, 09:50 PM
I imagine the EU is part of the new world order, I think the whole point is globalisation. Where the president is from is irrelevant, so Farage is half right.

Jahova
26-02-2010, 10:04 PM
Mr. Farage has balls. I respect him for speaking out like that and I find it amusing.
Every point of that I agree with. He stands up well and makes me laugh at the same time.

27-02-2010, 02:00 AM

Every point of that I agree with. He stands up well and makes me laugh at the same time.

I do like Mr. Farage, he's an incredibly intelligent man and does speak for quite alot of British people, and people with common sense. Van Rompuy just hates the idea of individual nations in general, and as Farage said, it's most likely due to the fact Belgium is a non-country.

He is one of the few truthful and honest politicians left who speaks their mind and speaks for the majority of the people while also connecting with them at the same time. On the point of what Farage said, I knew I could find worse that he has been called in the past and he says it himself in the video below;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ndoJCnbxsM&feature=related

I imagine the EU is part of the new world order, I think the whole point is globalisation. Where the president is from is irrelevant, so Farage is half right.

Indeed, its happening all across the world with no consent from the people at all. Quite frankly i'm not one for conspiracy theories but the Bilderberg Group (which Rompuy is a member of) seems pretty interesting and considering it has all these supporters of NWO involved, seems to hold some water; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group - its happening in Africa, South America, North America and Europe and not one politician has asked for our consent.

alexxxxx
27-02-2010, 11:55 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1253714/You-charisma-wet-rag-British-MEP-launches-astonishing-tirade-new-president-European-Council.html#comments

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8536630.stm

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/willheaven/100027482/video-you-have-the-charisma-of-a-damp-rag-nigel-farage-tells-eu-president/

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/02/25/article-1253714-08769002000005DC-817_468x286.jpg

A bit rude but did what he intended it to do and bring this issue to the mainstream media and from what I have seen and heard from EU officals/the French President this is nothing compared to what they have said in the past to eachother and to us. You may not like what Farage says or the way he said it, but at least here for once is a politician telling it like it is. Van Rompuy has in the past called for nation states (such as our country, the United Kingdom) to be abolished and replaced with world government. As for President Rumpy Vun Pumpy Who is this man? - who elected him? - and who asked for him?

Infact even right now, this unelected President is wanting more power to rule over Europe; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/7326640/War-in-the-EU-as-Herman-Van-Rompuy-makes-power-grab.html

You can watch the video here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bypLwI5AQvY).

Thoughts?

I thought Farage made himself look like a tool. He is incredibly rude, asks no questions, petty and frankly offensive. He makes us look like a joke. The telegraph story is all speculation and actually has no evidence for what it says.

VR isn't there to represent you. He's there to represent the European Council, the leaders of all EU states.

27-02-2010, 12:04 PM
I thought Farage made himself look like a tool. He is incredibly rude, asks no questions, petty and frankly offensive. He makes us look like a joke. The telegraph story is all speculation and actually has no evidence for what it says.

VR isn't there to represent you. He's there to represent the European Council, the leaders of all EU states.

He always asks questions and challenges them to explain themselves properly; he and others have asked and asked for our referendum and they have asked why three referendum results were totally ignored by the European Union but alas, they get no reply what so ever. If you think Farage was rude, just take a look at what others have called him and what President Sarkozy of France stood up and said to President Klaus of the Czech Republic - all because Klaus was stopping the treaty because nobody had wanted or asked for it across Europe.

Van Rompuy has been said to 'represent Europe and its people' - hes unelected, unwanted and the sooner him and the corrupt members of the EU Commission are gone from our lives the better. They are already planning a EU wide tax apparently and Van Rompuy has already called for world government (one of the first things he said in his opening speech when he took up the Presidential post). As the video above shows; what does the EU not understand about the word no(?) because no means no.

Black_Apalachi
27-02-2010, 01:21 PM
... As for President Rumpy Vun Pumpy Who is this man? - who elected him? - and who asked for him? ...

What are the actual answers to this?

27-02-2010, 01:38 PM
What are the actual answers to this?

Who elected this man? - nobody in Europe elected this man.
Who asked for him? - nobody in Europe asked for or wanted this man.

I was never asked, the British people were not asked and most of Europe was never asked. Infact when the people of Europe were asked, they all came back and said no (French, Dutch and Irish referendum results) but then the EU managed to use our money on a massive propaganda machine in Ireland and managed to get RyanAir on its side (of which has previously been very anti-EU) because coincidently RyanAir had a court case/legal case with the EU coming up about a possible buyout of another airline (thats from what I remember). How strange that just before a case like that, RyanAir suddenly change opinion. I certainly do not smell corruption. :rolleyes:

Anyway they made Ireland vote again (so much for democracy) and even voted in the EU parliament before the second Irish referendum that they would totally ignore the result anyway if it was a no vote. You see, the EU don't like being told no and thus why they are terribly afraid of any referendum and the Lisbon Treaty removes and need for another referendum because its self-amending. It can only been seen by Van Rompuy who is only a few months into the job and hes already preparing to seize more powers for himself and the European Union. It will continue now drip by drip, piece by piece that powers are taken away from nation-states across Europe and the EU will be firmly in control. In a sense, it doesnt matter who you vote in a General Election anymore because its not them who run the country, its the unelected courts of the EU, its Comission and its President.

We call countries like Zimbabwe and Iran tinpots for fixing their election results yet we are not even given a vote in the western world for something as important as this, and even when we do vote (the Irish only got a vote because their consitution legally requires them to) if you give the 'wrong answer' to the EU, they keep making you vote anyway until you come back with the 'right answer'.

As for President Klaus of the Czech Republic who was the man who tried to halt the Lisbon Treaty, he was threatened by the EU in public who warned him of dire consquences if he did not sign the treaty and so forth, much like the Irish were told the second time around. That is how these people deal and operate and afterall most of them have experience in & with the former dictatorship of the Soviet Union and thats a solid fact.

Bun
27-02-2010, 05:59 PM
farage made himself the laughing stock of politics when he did this the other day. fair enough criticise progress, criticse policies, criticise agendas, but leave the name calling and insults to the press yeah?

Catzsy
27-02-2010, 06:58 PM
farage made himself the laughing stock of politics when he did this the other day. fair enough criticise progress, criticse policies, criticise agendas, but leave the name calling and insults to the press yeah?

Precisely which was summed very well by the Editor of the Times yesterday.

The comment was headed 'A Damp Rag' - Nigel Farage is an embaressing figure who does not speak for England'. The conclusion was....This newspaper did not want a leader of the European Council either. But no. Mr. Farage you do not speak for the majority of the British people. They would not dream of being so pathetically rude and neither do they relish being represented by the political equivalent of Alan Partridge. On the inside pages an article goes on to say:

'Nigel Farage was today accused of using personal insults to win publicity after he called the EU’s new president a “damp rag” and dismissed his native Belgium as a non-country.

The former leader of the UK Independence Party showed his gift for finding the media spotlight by launching a vitriolic attack against Herman Van Rompuy, the former Belgian Prime Minister chosen to lead the European Council.

His calculated attack came as part of a strategy to build his profile for a general election battle with Speaker John Bercow in Buckingham.

The Times understands that Mr Farage is determined to be censured or suspended from the European Parliament to help with his Westminster campaign.'

Sounds about right to me - a publicity stunt to get himself in the spotlight and get out of his obligations to the EU so that he can canvas for the general election. Hope he gets suspended without pay as this is a cynical ploy.

Further on its says that he is planning to wear shorts and a school cap to his meeting on Tuesday with the EU President. Asked whether he was trying to get himself banned, Mr Farage told The Times. ' You should make up your own mind, mate.' What an intelligent reply.:rolleyes:

27-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Precisely which was summed very well by the Editor of the Times yesterday.

The comment was headed 'A Damp Rag' - Nigel Farage is an embaressing figure who does not speak for England'. The conclusion was....This newspaper did not want a leader of the European Council either. But no. Mr. Farage you do not speak for the majority of the British people. They would not dream of being so pathetically rude and neither do they relish being represented by the political equivalent of Alan Partridge. On the inside pages an article goes on to say:

Sounds about right to me - a publicity stunt to get himself in the spotlight and get out of his obligations to the EU so that he can canvas for the general election. Hope he gets suspended without pay as this is a cynical ploy.

Further on its says that he is planning to wear shorts and a school cap to his meeting on Tuesday with the EU President. Asked whether he was trying to get himself banned, Mr Farage told The Times. ' You should make up your own mind, mate.' What an intelligent reply.:rolleyes:

Sounds to me like a real politician, someone who will stick up for this country in Europe. I'm sure you also support going futher with those that Farage mentioned in the video who have called people who object to the treaty 'mentally ill' and people such as President Sarkozy who has said the President of the Czech Republic, Valclav Klaus does not deserve respect - am I correct? To the point really do you not also agree that senior EU officals demanding the Irish vote again because they 'got it wrong' is more rude and arrogant than the comments Farage made(?) because I certainly do. Or even we could carry on where the Labour Minister Caroline Flint who was Minister for Europe said that the British people do not deserve a referendum on Europe because 'we do not understand' despite the fact she never read the Lisbon Treaty herself.

Still though, at least Farage hasnt got his members of staff phoning up anti-bullying helplines because if you think Farage should be suspended for this then surely you agree Mr Brown should be removed from office immediately as would any head of an organisation with staff complaints of bullying against them would be?

This was a very clever plot to get media attention and it has because its the only way the BBC and co. will give airtime to anyone against the European Union; I think Mr Farage is on his way to throwing Speaker Bercow out come the General Election. Opinion polls and odds back in 2009 showed that 64% of people on Conservative Home would vote for Farage over Bercow and that will have gone up thanks to this latest ploy because as Gomme said, what Farage said really appeals to most people in this country with any ounce of common sense.

Catzsy
27-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Sounds to me like a real politician, someone who will stick up for this country in Europe. I'm sure you also support going futher with those that Farage mentioned in the video who have called people who object to the treaty 'mentally ill' and people such as President Sarkozy who has said the President of the Czech Republic, Valclav Klaus does not deserve respect - am I correct?

Still though, at least Farage hasnt got his members of staff phoning up anti-bullying helplines because if you think Farage should be suspended for this then surely you agree Mr Brown should be removed from office immediately as would any head of an organisation with staff complaints of bullying against them would be?

This was a very clever plot to get media attention and it has because its the only way the BBC and co. will give airtime to anyone against the European Union; I think Mr Farage is on his way to throwing Bercow out come the General Election.

Not a good analogy Dan. Nothing has been proved about Gordon Brown one way or the other and if it was proved yes he would have to answer for it and I would agree with those proceedings. On the other hand Farage was extremely rude about another member and in fact insulted a whole country. Actually it is the BBC who is using Farage to get their Question Time viewing figures up not the other way around - they know a good opportunity when they see one.

Sorry I agree with The Times - this will backfire and come back to bite him in the ass big time. I had some time for the gentleman before this but he is using cheap stunts to get attention and he will be crucified on Question Time.

27-02-2010, 07:41 PM
Not a good analogy Dan. Nothing has been proved about Gordon Brown one way or the other and if it was proved yes he would have to answer for it and I would agree with those proceedings. On the other hand Farage was extremely rude about another member and in fact insulted a whole country. Actually it is ther BBC who is using Farage to get their Question Time viewing figures up not the other way around.

Sorry I agree with The Times - this will backfire and come back to bite him in the ass big time. I had some time for the gentleman before this but he is using cheap stunts to get attention and he will be crucified on Question Time.

Oh come off it, was it not 4+ people phoned up this confidential helpline and have accused the Prime Minister of bullying(?), so are they all lying and Mr Brown is the only one telling the truth? - I don't think so. Its not as if they have all decided to gang up and the charity is also against Mr Brown, and are Number 10 not also refusing to hold an investigation into these claims so I wonder what they have to hide? :rolleyes: - The BBC point anyway, Farage was due to appear a few weeks ago but either the BBC withdrew the invititation or Farage cancelled for some reason; either way it benefits both the BBC in terms of viewing figures and Farage in publicity. He may not get much support in Wales, but what he says rings a bell with Middle England who are quite frankly sick of the main parties and their lies.

It'll backfire in the sense that it'll turn even more left-wing supporters and some Belgians against him and UKIP, but who cares really because they would never/can not vote for UKIP anyway. In the sense of Belgium, hes stating a fact; Belgium is an artificial country that is very small and enjoys being in the EU because of the power and influence it brings. In essence, a non-country.

Catzsy
27-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Oh come off it, was it not 4+ people phoned up this confidential helpline and have accused the Prime Minister of bullying(?), so are they all lying and Mr Brown is the only one telling the truth? - I don't think so. Its not as if they have all decided to gang up and the charity is also against Mr Brown, and are Number 10 not also refusing to hold an investigation into these claims so I wonder what they have to hide? :rolleyes: - The BBC point anyway, Farage was due to appear a few weeks ago but either the BBC withdrew the invititation or Farage cancelled for some reason; either way it benefits both the BBC in terms of viewing figures and Farage in publicity. He may not get much support in Wales, but what he says rings a bell with Middle England who are quite frankly sick of the main parties and their lies.

It'll backfire in the sense that it'll turn even more left-wing supporters and some Belgians against him and UKIP, but who cares really because they would never/can not vote for UKIP anyway. In the sense of Belgium, hes stating a fact; Belgium is an artificial country that is very small and enjoys being in the EU because of the power and influence it brings. In essence, a non-country.

I don't hold with the conspiracy theories, Dan. All staff were contacted to
make sure they knew the procedure for complaining . The owner of the helpline has been completely discredited and now says one member of staff rang up. It wouldn't bother me if he was hauled up before the standards committee - I would be pleased to see the back of him. No need to have go at Wales, because of me as in fact I have lived in Middle England and was born in London. Have you ever been to Belgium? No excuse for slighting a nation though is there whatever he thought of them. Personal insults never do anybody any good and as somebody, but I can't think who now, said 'he confuses personal insults with serious politics'. People will not take him seriously anymore - he has made a monumental blunder. He should have let his policies do the talking - some of which make sense.

27-02-2010, 08:20 PM
I don't hold with the conspiracy theories, Dan. All staff were contacted to
make sure they knew the procedure for complaining . The owner of the helpline has been completely discredited and now says one member of staff rang up. It wouldn't bother me if he was hauled up before the standards committee - I would be pleased to see the back of him. No need to have go at Wales, because of me as in fact I have lived in Middle England and was born in London. Have you ever been to Belgium? No excuse for slighting a nation though is there whatever he thought iof them. Personal insults never do anybody any good as a somebody but I can't think who now said 'he confuses personal insults with serious politics'. People will not take him seriously anymore - he has made a monumental blunder.

What conspiracy is there? - its fact that members of Number 10 phoned up this confidential anti-bullying helpline and have said that Mr Brown is bullying them and other members of staff. Its not as if its David Cameron claiming this, its members of his own staff who have said they have been bullied.

You are trying to gage the topic away from Brown himself now, we are not talking about the director of the charity and I couldn't care less about him/her. It seems to me you dont like Mr Brown being exposed as the bully he is (again pretty much fact because members of his own staff have said this for non-politicial reasons). Number 10 have refused to hold an investigation into these accusations have they not(?) so what does that really tell you about it. If they had nothing to hide then they would hold an investigation into these claims.

No I have not been to Belgium but it doesnt take much to;

a) look on a map of Europe and see how small Belgium is.
b) briefly read some Belgian history which shows it was artificially created.
c) to see that the Flems and Walloons have deep tensions between them.
d) to see that we have an unelected Belgian incharge of Europe.

So on Farage if you actually look around, you'll see hes done quite good for himself and if futher drumming up support. If what i've seen when i've looked around had lost him support then i'd come right out and say that but its actually doing the opposite. In one way, if he is thrown out of the EU Parliament or suspended from it as he very well may want; it just futher proves and shows how biased, unfair the EU is and how it is unable to take any criticism what so ever. (as proved by my various example)

Catzsy
27-02-2010, 09:44 PM
What conspiracy is there? - its fact that members of Number 10 phoned up this confidential anti-bullying helpline and have said that Mr Brown is bullying them and other members of staff. Its not as if its David Cameron claiming this, its members of his own staff who have said they have been bullied.

You are trying to gage the topic away from Brown himself now, we are not talking about the director of the charity and I couldn't care less about him/her. It seems to me you dont like Mr Brown being exposed as the bully he is (again pretty much fact because members of his own staff have said this for non-politicial reasons). Number 10 have refused to hold an investigation into these accusations have they not(?) so what does that really tell you about it. If they had nothing to hide then they would hold an investigation into these claims.

No I have not been to Belgium but it doesnt take much to;

a) look on a map of Europe and see how small Belgium is.
b) briefly read some Belgian history which shows it was artificially created.
c) to see that the Flems and Walloons have deep tensions between them.
d) to see that we have an unelected Belgian incharge of Europe.

So on Farage if you actually look around, you'll see hes done quite good for himself and if futher drumming up support. If what i've seen when i've looked around had lost him support then i'd come right out and say that but its actually doing the opposite. In one way, if he is thrown out of the EU Parliament or suspended from it as he very well may want; it just futher proves and shows how biased, unfair the EU is and how it is unable to take any criticism what so ever. (as proved by my various example)

Fact? Show anything that it has been factually proved that members of Browns staff rang the helpline? Again I say I am not bothered if he is proved to be a bully. Remember my last post? I seriously cannot take your comment on Belgium seriously. The fact that a belgian is in charge of Europe is no excuse for Farage insulting the whole nation. There was no need for it. I am actually listening to Question Time at the moment to see how he did.

27-02-2010, 09:53 PM
Fact? Show anything that it has been factually proved that members of Browns staff rang the helpline? Again I say I am not bothered if he is proved to be a bully. Remember my last post? I seriously cannot take your comment on Belgium seriously. The fact that a belgian is in charge of Europe is no excuse for Farage insulting the whole nation. There was no need for it. I am actually listening to Question Time at the moment to see how he did.

The helpline director has told of it and has resigned due to it, number 10 if they knew it was false would not have rapidly come to the PMs defence along with various ministers. Why do you honestly think they will not investigate it? - I mean it doesnt take an Einstein to work out the fact that they refuse to look into it because it, must have at least some truth behind it.

No you cannot take it seriously because you are ignoring the facts about Belgium, earlier I was reading on it again and i've read in the past; Belgium is an artifical country which in recent years has has to become a federal state just to hold itself together because the Flems and the Walloons are at eachothers throats.

You can either ignore them facts for purely political reasons or can accept them, but you being a Labour supporter and not being able to accept that Mr Brown has been caught out and exposed as a bully really takes the biscuit when you pretend to be outraged by Farages very mild comments that Belgium is a non-country when infact, it is.

Catzsy
27-02-2010, 10:04 PM
The helpline director has told of it and has resigned due to it, number 10 if they knew it was false would not have rapidly come to the PMs defence along with various ministers. Why do you honestly think they will not investigate it? - I mean it doesnt take an Einstein to work out the fact that they refuse to look into it because it, must have at least some truth behind it.

That is not a fact. Why on earth did the person resign if they were confident
they were telling the truth. There is no denying that somebody rang the helpline BUT who has not been proved. No I don't make assumptions.

No you cannot take it seriously because you are ignoring the facts about Belgium, earlier I was reading on it again and i've read in the past; Belgium is an artifical country which in recent years has has to become a federal state just to hold itself together because the Flems and the Walloons are at eachothers throats.

No I do not support basically slating other countries - why should I?

You can either ignore them facts for purely political reasons or can accept them, but you being a Labour supporter and not being able to accept that Mr Brown has been caught out and exposed as a bully really takes the biscuit when you pretend to be outraged by Farages very mild comments that Belgium is a non-country when infact, it is.

I am not outraged about Mr Farage. I said he had basically made an idiot of himself. I quoted from The Times. Having watched Question time Farage is obviously more intelligent than Nick Griffin but I don't think he shone in any way. He is not going to be remembered for this programme.

27-02-2010, 10:15 PM
That is not a fact. Why on earth did the person resign if they were confident they were telling the truth. There is no denying that somebody rang the helpline BUT who has not been proved. No I don't make assumptions.They resigned because they compromised their job as they broke secrecy rules and confidentiality regulations and thus as they compromised their position, it would be untenable for them to keep their job as the head of a anti-bullying helpline if they broke those basic rules.

No I do not support basically slating other countries - why should I?Its not slating another country, Belgium is non-country by the standards of other countries as I have just explain and as you have just driven right past. Yes it is provoking language, but thats the whole reason he did it to provoke debate and to gather attention so he can get his case across to the consituents of Buckinghamshire - and its worked to his advantage.

I am not outraged about Mr Farage. I said he had basically made an idiot of himself. I quoted from The Times. Having watched Question time Farage is obviously more intelligent than Nick Griffin but I don't think he shone in any way. He is not going to be remembered for this programme.Well I can tell you now that popular opinion is not taking the same view as yourself and the Times newspaper. UKIP and Farage himself have gained more support from this, thats not me as a UKIP supporter saying that because I want them to do well;- its because from what I have read and seen that he has gained support. If he hadn't gained support and had shot himself in the foot then i'd say that right now, but the opposite has happened.

Hm strange how you bring Nick Griffin into this, maybe to try and make it out that Farage has an element of racism about him(?) - if so, no different from the dirty tactics of the three main parties. No it wasn't his best Question Time and it wouldn't be, considering it was in Wales which is rather left-leaning.

Catzsy
27-02-2010, 10:37 PM
They resigned because they compromised their job as they broke secrecy rules and confidentiality regulations and thus as they compromised their position, it would be untenable for them to keep their job as the head of a anti-bullying helpline if they broke those basic rules.

I actually can't find anything to say Margaret Pratt has resigned(you may be able to)but a lot of her patrons have. Mrs Pratt has denied that she had breached client confidentiality in revealing the existence of the phone calls to her helpline, but today one of the charity's patrons, Professor Cary Cooper, said he could no longer remain as patron after Mrs Pratt's allegations.

"She did not reveal any names, but that is irrelevant. She is revealing the employer, which is No 10. I just think that is wholly wrong and inappropriate. You don’t do that. I can no longer be a patron," said Professor Cooper.

Three other patrons also resigned: Ann Widdecombe, a senior Tory MP; Mary O’Connor, a Conservative councillor in the London Borough of Hillingdon; and the TV presenter Sarah Cawood.

You may also like to look at an article about her - she has been totally discredited.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/willheaven/100026963/why-the-national-bullying-helpline-is-not-all-it-seems/

Its not slating another country, Belgium is non-country by the standards of other countries as I have just explain and as you have just driven right past. Yes it is provoking language, but thats the whole reason he did it to provoke debate and to gather attention so he can get his case across to the consituents of Buckinghamshire - and its worked to his advantage.

Sorry but I find your comments about Belgium quite offensive and you cannot force me into a discussion about it if I do not wish to participate. I am sure the people of Belgium will have something to say about it though.

Well I can tell you now that popular opinion is not taking the same view as yourself and the Times newspaper. UKIP and Farage himself have gained more support from this, thats not me as a UKIP supporter saying that because I want them to do well;- its because from what I have read and seen that he has gained support. If he hadn't gained support and had shot himself in the foot then i'd say that right now, but the opposite has happened.

Well of course they would but is there any actual proof of this anywhere?
Links?

Hm strange how you bring Nick Griffin into this, maybe to try and make it out that Farage has an element of racism about him(?) - if so, no different from the dirty tactics of the three main parties. No it wasn't his best Question Time and it wouldn't be, considering it was in Wales which is rather left-leaning.

No I don't think he is racist - the only similarity is that they went on the programme with lots of publicity. You would be surprised how many people in Wales might be left leaning as you say but agree on the Europe mess. He did well on the banks issue but did not really capitalise on anything else. I hope it was worth it for him and I think it is a shame that he had to resort to a basically cheap publicity stunt to do it.

27-02-2010, 10:55 PM
I actually can't find anything to say Margaret Pratt has resigned(you may be able to)but a lot of her patrons have. Mrs Pratt has denied that she had breached client confidentiality in revealing the existence of the phone calls to her helpline, but today one of the charity's patrons, Professor Cary Cooper, said he could no longer remain as patron after Mrs Pratt's allegations.

"She did not reveal any names, but that is irrelevant. She is revealing the employer, which is No 10. I just think that is wholly wrong and inappropriate. You don’t do that. I can no longer be a patron," said Professor Cooper.

Three other patrons also resigned: Ann Widdecombe, a senior Tory MP; Mary O’Connor, a Conservative councillor in the London Borough of Hillingdon; and the TV presenter Sarah Cawood.

You may also like to look at an article about her - she has been totally discredited.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/willheaven/100026963/why-the-national-bullying-helpline-is-not-all-it-seems/I'm suprised she hasnt resigned, and so she should and I haven't at one point suggested otherwise. I think the fact you've actually seen that the calls have come from workers at Number 10 suggest that sadly these allegations are true.

Sorry but I find your comments about Belgium quite offensive and you cannot force me into a discussion about it if I do not wish to participate. I am sure the people of Belgium will have something to say about it though.Well I have no idea what you find offensive about Belgium considering you are not a Belgian;- no I cannot force you to engage in a conversation about Belgium, but I can (as I have) state the facts about Belgium, its history and its internal issues and the fact you will not reply to those points quite frankly only re-assures me.

Well of course they would but is there any actual proof of this anywhere? Links?Take a look on;

- Daily Mail comment boards.
- Telegraph comment boards.
- Youtube comment boards.
- Facebook groups and comment boards.

Theres no polls but from what I have seen at large, he has made a positive impact overall. (Before you comment on the Mail source, the Mail is the second most read paper in the country so its a pretty big portion of the electorate)

No I don't think he is racist - the only similarity is that they went on the programme with lots of publicity. You would be surprised how many people in Wales might be left leaning as you say but agree on the Europe mess. He did well on the banks issue but did not really capitalise on anything else. I hope it was worth it for him and I think it is a shame that he had to resort to a basically cheap publicity stunt to do it.Well quite frankly if it gets him into Westminister as it could very well likely do so then its worth it, we need someone in there whos a real politician and who will speak their mind once and for all. As I said earlier though, comments were slightly rude about Herman Van Rompuy but the fact is that Farage has been called far far worse (see second link I posted). The fact is that the EU elite hate people like Farage, and if he has to use mild lanaguage such as this to get his cause across and into the media (which the EU simply do not want) then hes doing us all, and democracy a favour.

Catzsy
27-02-2010, 11:07 PM
I'm suprised she hasnt resigned, and so she should and I haven't at one point suggested otherwise. I think the fact you've actually seen that the calls have come from workers at Number 10 suggest that sadly these allegations are true.

No it doesn't mean that the allegations are true just because it is says the employer is stated. Any Tom, **** or Harry could ring a help line and say they worked for the Prime Minister. Remember a journalist was trying to get publicity for a book? I am not saying he is not a bully. I am starting to repeat myself like a parrot.

Well I have no idea what you find offensive about Belgium considering you are not a Belgian;- no I cannot force you to engage in a conversation about Belgium, but I can (as I have) state the facts about Belgium, its history and its internal issues and the fact you will not reply to those points quite frankly only re-assures me.

Well I am glad it re-assures you but you must also realise that this repeated type of questioning can get very boring. I have no wish to discuss Belgium or
what you or Farage think about it other than that it is quite offensive IMHO.

Take a look on;

- Daily Mail comment boards.
- Telegraph comment boards.
- Youtube comment boards.
- Facebook groups and comment boards.

Theres no polls but from what I have seen at large, he has made a positive impact overall. (Before you comment on the Mail source, the Mail is the second most read paper in the country so its a pretty big portion of the electorate)

You should produce links to prove your point if you have seen them - I am not interested enough myself to look.

Well quite frankly if it gets him into Westminister as it could very well likely do so then its worth it, we need someone in there whos a real politician and who will speak their mind once and for all. As I said earlier though, comments were slightly rude about Herman Van Rompuy but the fact is that Farage has been called far far worse (see second link I posted).

Yes I can see he would do quite well as he is quite a lively person who would certainly stir a debate but this has done nothing to enhance his credibility, nationally in any event. Is he your MEP?

27-02-2010, 11:15 PM
No it doesn't mean that the allegations are true just because it is says the employer is stated. Any Tom, **** or Harry could ring a help line and say they worked for the Prime Minister. Remember a journalist was trying to get publicity for a book? I am not saying he is not a bully. I am starting to repeat myself like a parrot.

I'm sure theres some evidence behind them hence why Number 10 are so reluctant to have an investigation into these claims. You make it seem like everyone is phoning up the helpline in a very cleverly co-ordinated attack on Gordon Brown.. come on this is the real world. Lets have an investigation into these claims which are very likely to be true and then we'd find out once and for all whether old Gordy has been slamming PC keyboards down in the desks and stabbing the back of seats with pens out of anger.

Well I am glad it re-assures you but you must also realise that this repeated type of questioning can get very boring. I have no wish to discuss Belgium or what you or Farage think about it other than that it is quite offensive IMHO.

Well you say you find them offensive, but they are facts.

You should produce links to prove your point if you have seen them - I am not interested enough myself to look.

Their are a fair few articles regarding this issue, fair few videos (the main one being posted at the start of the thread) and on Facebook there are various groups that have been sprouting up in support (and against) although majorly in support of Farage and his comments.

Yes I can see he would do quite well as he is quite a lively person who would certainly stir a debate but this has done nothing to enhance his credibility, nationally in any event. Is he your MEP?

Sadly not, we have Paul Nuttal for UKIP though who is also an excellent public speaker. The odds are pointing towards a Farage win though which is good news and will mean UKIP has its first Member of Parliament.

Catzsy
27-02-2010, 11:20 PM
I'm sure theres some evidence behind them hence why Number 10 are so reluctant to have an investigation into these claims. You make it seem like everyone is phoning up the helpline in a very cleverly co-ordinated attack on Gordon Brown.. come on this is the real world. Lets have an investigation into these claims which are very likely to be true and then we'd find out once and for all whether old Gordy has been slamming PC keyboards down in the desks and stabbing the back of seats with pens out of anger.

Well you say you find them offensive, but they are facts.

Their are a fair few articles regarding this issue, fair few videos (the main one being posted at the start of the thread) and on Facebook there are various groups that have been sprouting up in support (and against) although majorly in support of Farage and his comments.

Sadly not, we have Paul Nuttal for UKIP though who is also an excellent public speaker. The odds are pointing towards a Farage win though which is good news and will mean UKIP has its first Member of Parliament.

Well I don't mind one way or the other if there is an investigation of Gordon Brown. If he is found to have been a bully it could be better for the Labour Party in the long run tbh. To dismiss another Country like this for me is offensive - end of dicussion on that. You are entitled to your opinion. Well if he is the MEP for the area he is going for in the GE then as long as he has served his constituency well he does stand a good chance. Now I am tired and I am going to bed. =]

Sammeth.
28-02-2010, 01:19 AM
Ah I kinda did like Nigel Farage before this. Im all for voicing opinions, but theres a way to put them across without making you look devastatingly rude and incredibly ignorant. Its a shame. I really hope others don't think that this type of behaviour truly represents the UK, if not entirely, then at least within regards to political behaviour.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!