PDA

View Full Version : Loosing Weigh

simplymagic
27-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi, I want to loose some weight but mostly to get rid of the belly fat that I have. I walk my dog for 30-40 mins a day, do 30+ mins on exersice bike and occasionally go on wii fit for 20 mins everyday.

I'm also not snaking between meals so eating sweets and stuff with high sugar etc.

Will this help me loose weigh (belly fat) and if there is a way, is there a better way to lose weigh quicker.

Btw, I don't have time + money to go to the gym.

jordan:j
27-02-2010, 07:43 PM
In order to lose weight you have to be committed. It is sure easy to say, but it is hard to do. I am an athlete and I play a high level of hockey with my own personal trainer. I have been working out for 5 years, 5 days a week and I have learned my fair share of knowledge.

If you just want to lose belly fat you will need to mix cardio with core exercises (ab workouts). But the #1 way to lose the weight is nutrition. You should be eating 4-6 HEALTHY meals a day. This doesnt mean pizza, with ice cream after ;P More like, some sort of meat for protien (chicken, fish etc.), with brown rice (for carbs) and vegetables for your basic nutrients. You dont have to eat exactly what i say, just something relatively healthy.

Jogging is the best exercise, as well as swimming. For maximum results try jogging with your dog if you can, or speed walk. The harder your working, the better the results will be. Biking is also good because it activates your lower torso muscles, as well as your quads which raise your heart beat, burn calories, and targets your lower abdomen.

The final step would be the ab workout. Any exercise that targets your core will benefit you. Anything from planks to situps will help. Just search on Google "Ab Workouts" and you will find hundreds. Also, try to look for ones that target your specific area (Lower abs, upper abs, etc).

If you try to do all of these things at least once a day you should be seeing results in a month, but that also depends on your genetics, etc.

For a brief rundown do these things:

- Eat healthy (food with little fat and covers all your "health needs")
- Do Cardio
- Do core workouts
- Stay committed

Goodluck Bud :)

simplymagic
27-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Thanks for feedback and info +rep :D

Catzsy
27-02-2010, 10:21 PM
In order to lose weight you have to be committed. It is sure easy to say, but it is hard to do. I am an athlete and I play a high level of hockey with my own personal trainer. I have been working out for 5 years, 5 days a week and I have learned my fair share of knowledge.

If you just want to lose belly fat you will need to mix cardio with core exercises (ab workouts). But the #1 way to lose the weight is nutrition. You should be eating 4-6 HEALTHY meals a day. This doesnt mean pizza, with ice cream after ;P More like, some sort of meat for protien (chicken, fish etc.), with brown rice (for carbs) and vegetables for your basic nutrients. You dont have to eat exactly what i say, just something relatively healthy.

Jogging is the best exercise, as well as swimming. For maximum results try jogging with your dog if you can, or speed walk. The harder your working, the better the results will be. Biking is also good because it activates your lower torso muscles, as well as your quads which raise your heart beat, burn calories, and targets your lower abdomen.

The final step would be the ab workout. Any exercise that targets your core will benefit you. Anything from planks to situps will help. Just search on Google "Ab Workouts" and you will find hundreds. Also, try to look for ones that target your specific area (Lower abs, upper abs, etc).

If you try to do all of these things at least once a day you should be seeing results in a month, but that also depends on your genetics, etc.

- Do Cardio
- Do core workouts
- Stay committed

Very good advice there. I can already see that you will be an asset to the forum.

This is also a useful site with many tips especially for teens.

http://kidshealth.org/teen/food_fitness/

dbgtz
27-02-2010, 11:36 PM
I read that the best way to prepare to lose weight is to de-toxicate you body by like drinking herbal tea and some other stuff (I googled lose weight fast or something) and you basically lose 5 pounds in a couple of days as "prep" for inital weight loss.

Wig44.
07-03-2010, 09:15 PM
You dont need prep for weight loss.
You can lose weight very easily and much more healthily on a high fat, moderate protein low carbohydrate diet.
Don't eat too many calories.
You do not need to do ab exercises to lose fat off of your stomach area, you cannot lose fat from one area without losing fat from all areas of the body.
You don't need cardio to lose weight, it just speeds things up and I recommend it.
I only eat several meals because I train for muscle mass and strength and my caloric needs are 3-4000 calories (I usually get 4000 calories per day), split that up and it's more convenient. You can lose weight easily with 3 meals, metabolism is NOT affected by meal frequency thus several meals are useless except for someone needing lots of calories.
For cardio, do non bounce exercises (running and jogging are 'bounce' exercises) like swimming, cycling etc.

simplymagic
22-03-2010, 12:29 AM
I just want to say I have lost a bit of weight so far :D.

Wii fit said i was overweigh for like a year but i never updated my heigh. So when I changed it to my heigh now, it said i was ideal (yay).

Also, my mum and friends all think im anericix (spelling? Im crap at spelling). Even though I have 3 meals a day. Mum says I am supposed to eat 2500+ calories a day and I'm like I am. My friends shout at me telling me there is no need to lose weigh but if I popped out my belly they would **** themselves.

Richie
22-03-2010, 12:50 AM

- Do Cardio
- Do core workouts
- Stay committed

wow some good advice, my problem is mainly what is there to eat thats healthy? I know plenty of healthy food, however my problem is how they are prepared together etc. I don't want to be eating Brussels sprouts with rice. If you get me? My other problem is sticking to it, I say to myself il start monday because I screwed this week up already and I keep doing that every week. Any advice on how I can educate myself food wise and how I can stay determined?

Sorry for hi-jacking your thread.

Sharon
22-03-2010, 07:23 AM
You do seem to do it a lot anyway

What Jordan said is really good. It's okay to have the odd junk just not too much.

Sly
22-03-2010, 04:39 PM

- Do Cardio
- Do core workouts
- Stay committed

Very nice post ;D

That's basically what I do, but not-so-healthy with the food any more.
I've lost 3 and a half stone but I go gym as well so I guess I have an advantage ;P

I can't eat solid foods at the moment so I've been livin' off rice puddin' yoghurts and protein shakes and surprisingly I think it's made me put weight on!

Anyway my post was completely random all I wanted to say was nice post haha +rep

Narnat,
27-03-2010, 05:14 PM
Firstly .. Don't think of it a diet it would just put you off.
If you keep exersizeing with your dogs and pick healthier choices and you can have a bag of crisps or the odd chocolate bar but just dont abuse it.
Make sure you active a lot and dont always take the easie option on things e.g. Going into a Shop and Getting the Escilators or lift go for the stairs. Little things like that will also help

Good Luck !

Smits
27-03-2010, 05:27 PM

This is very misleading and misinformed. it's impossible to 'just lose belly fat' and you cannot do specific exercises to do this. Telling him to do ab workouts isnt going to help him lose weight. The diet advice is pretty good, but you have to rememebr that he isnt trying to build muscle, nor is he going to a gym. So eating alot of protein isn't going to be hugely important, neither is the 6 meals. Providing he does the cardio, and avoids excesssugars and fats, keeping a pretty balanced diet he should be fine.

Again, whats this about a specific area? He hasnt said he wants to improve his core strength or get a six pack, he merely wants to lose some weight, and see that belly fat go. Yeah, of course core exercises wil be benficial, giving more strength and ebtter posture, but unless he does that cardio he isnt going to see any abs at all.

If all he wants to do is lose some body fat, he needs to be doing some decent cardio, things such as running jogging swimming, riding, walking, etc as stated. It's pretty simple really. If your using more energy moving than your taking in eating, your going to lose weight.

But yeah keep motivated and good luck.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!