PDA

View Full Version : Maxthon Browser

--liger--
27-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Hey I have no idea if anyone has seen Maxthon's recent release of Version 2.5.11.3390 but you should check it out. It has amazing features and great look.

The browser is compatible with Windows 7, XP, Vista, and Mac OS X. Just like windows 7 it has a spilt view! Check it out here:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2l9p95l.png

Another great feature is instead of using your print screen button, Maxthon has a built in 'Screen Capture' that always you to capture a certain region, full screen, etc. Here is a pic:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2wltrmt.png

Just like Google Chrome you can use different 'Themes' or 'Skins'. The one shown in my pics are a custom one. Here is the default:

http://i45.tinypic.com/1415xcp.png

The browser is extremely fast and it has one facebook feature most people love. It shows as a sidebar where you can chat and check on updates.

http://i50.tinypic.com/24dm353.png

You also have the power to work offline, export things to excel, and edit the html coding. Just like Firebug on Firefox. You can choose not to use proxy or use it and you can even block all ads from websites! Thats a big plus. This browser is to have said to beat firefox, google chrome, opera 10, and safari.

Maxthon gives you the power to change font size and the font along with the encoding! You can view a websites source and its entire coding in notepad through Maxthon. Also if you are doing something extremely important in the brower you can lock it. And set a password so no one touches it. Post your thoughts.

JB

Recursion
27-02-2010, 11:01 PM
Hey I have no idea if anyone has seen Maxthon's recent release of Version 2.5.11.3390 but you should check it out. It has amazing features and great look.

The browser is compatible with Windows 7, XP, Vista, and Mac OS X. Just like windows 7 it has a spilt view! Check it out here:

Another great feature is instead of using your print screen button, Maxthon has a built in 'Screen Capture' that always you to capture a certain region, full screen, etc. Here is a pic:

Just like Google Chrome you can use different 'Themes' or 'Skins'. The one shown in my pics are a custom one. Here is the default:

The browser is extremely fast and it has one facebook feature most people love. It shows as a sidebar where you can chat and check on updates.

You also have the power to work offline, export things to excel, and edit the html coding. Just like Firebug on Firefox. You can choose not to use proxy or use it and you can even block all ads from websites! Thats a big plus. This browser is to have said to beat firefox, google chrome, opera 10, and safari.

Maxthon gives you the power to change font size and the font along with the encoding! You can view a websites source and its entire coding in notepad through Maxthon. Also if you are doing something extremely important in the brower you can lock it. And set a password so no one touches it. Post your thoughts.

JB

Just a shame you can do all that with Firefox if you get the right addons :P

HotelUser
27-02-2010, 11:02 PM
I think this is the thing Chris Prillo used to be in love with :P

N!ck
27-02-2010, 11:06 PM
This is basically just a different interface for Internet Explorer rather than a different browser.

--liger--
27-02-2010, 11:09 PM
Well then maybe its a good competition for Firefox. Idk. I just thought it was rather neat. Because you dont have to get the right ad ons. So no searching for them or downloading (Which I know is really nothing) but its nice that it all comes with it.

And it is suppose to be somewhat associated with IE which most people hate.. Only down turn in my opinioin

HotelUser
27-02-2010, 11:22 PM
Well then maybe its a good competition for Firefox. Idk. I just thought it was rather neat. Because you dont have to get the right ad ons. So no searching for them or downloading (Which I know is really nothing) but its nice that it all comes with it.

And it is suppose to be somewhat associated with IE which most people hate.. Only down turn in my opinioin

Hate with good reason. IE dwarfs the word horrible.

--liger--
28-02-2010, 01:48 AM
Hate with good reason. IE dwarfs the word horrible.

True True. But think about it. You really do get everything in a bundle which is nice so no more downloading. Yeah sure IE is horrible and slow. I totally agree on that. But this is way different from IE its only associated through it.. Not made by it

dbgtz
28-02-2010, 01:55 AM
Not bad but I just keep my IE coz I can't be bothered to download more browsers :P

Jahova
28-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Looks great but I am fine with FireFox for now :P

The Professor
01-03-2010, 04:05 PM
From what wikipedia says it just uses the same layout engine, it isn't the same browser. Safari, chrome and mobile safari all use WebKit but it doesn't make them the same browser :)

It looks pretty nice from that screenshot tbh, I don't wanna move from Opera though it has all my passwords saved :P

StefanWolves
03-03-2010, 11:30 PM
That's the only reason I don't want to fully move away from FireFox>Chrome/Opera, because it has all my passwords saved. :/

Chrome/Opera needs an 'import passwords' option. :P

Markeh
04-03-2010, 07:20 AM
I do like the look of Maxthon, but I think I'll stick with Chrome for now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!