PDA

View Full Version : Your Facebook Friends Policy

Jordy
01-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Just wondered what people do for friends on Facebook, I notice some people are quite a lot harsh with their "Friends" on Facebook and some people don't care if you're not a friend.

Of course we all have exceptions but pls vote what you usually do when adding people to Facebook or accepting/declining friend requests.

dirrty
01-03-2010, 06:27 PM
tbh i don't even add people - it's very rare if i do. i would only have people i know on facebook though. don't want any randomers or people from online.

cocaine
01-03-2010, 06:30 PM
ill generally add people as long as i have mutual friends with them

Jamesy
01-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I seldom add people but if someone I know (and like in some way) I'll accept. This includes people from online places too :)

GommeInc
01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
I add any off the internet that I've known for ages. Afterall, if we're still talking for years and share many interests then we may as well be friends :P

Rozi
01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I only have people from my year at school because I know everyone quite well because i've got a well small year. Other than that I have about 4 or 5 people from here and then friends of friends I've actually had a conversation with.

Japan
01-03-2010, 06:56 PM
My policy is as follows:

-If I have had a conversation with them.
-If they have said hello more than 3 times
-If they actually exist.

Then I add/accept them.

Roxy
01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't add people so if they've added me I assume I must know them from somewhere and generally accept as long as I recognise thier name / picture / they have mutual friends. I don't have anyone from online though

Judge Judy
01-03-2010, 07:01 PM
If I actually know them... or if I've had a conversation with them and are actually OK, then I add them

danzooo
01-03-2010, 07:05 PM
If I know them or I know of them at my school I'll add them, only if I'm interested in meeting them or talking to them though.

I hate having random people on my friends list.

Arron
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
I dont send a request to anyone, I just accept them.

Most of my friends I know irl, but a few are from Habbo

syko2006
01-03-2010, 07:48 PM
I don't add anyone really, but I accept people in my year if I speak to them quite regularly and I know them. If I barely know them then no, I won't accept them.

Misawa
01-03-2010, 07:51 PM
I have 3,000 friends. I know a few hundred personally. Being in the film industry a lot of people wish to network with me and often have extremely high numbers of mutual friends, so I accept them as long as we have 15 or more mutual friends.

Hushie
01-03-2010, 08:03 PM
I add anyone.

Jordy
01-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Hmm well I don't send friend requests to people I don't speak to but I do accept them providing we have a number of mutual friends or it's likely we're going to meet at some point.

Reason I made this thread, I was using some computers in the school library and sat next to this Sixth Former in the year above. When I get home she suddenly wants to be "friends". If you wanted to be friends why on earth did you sit next to me for an hour and not say a word? I accepted for convenience but that always pisses me off slightly.

Nightcrawler
01-03-2010, 08:29 PM
I only really add people i know offline, ocassionally i add people who i've met online and talk to often or on msn, however i dont really like having people who i dont know on my facebook makes me a bit paraniod about if there fake or not.

Aidenn
01-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Ill generally add anyone if

A) Their FIT
B) Mutual friends
C) Know them.

Jamiie
01-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Most school friends/Mutal Friends
And Online friends if i have been speaking to them for a while.

nat965
01-03-2010, 09:28 PM
I'd add them if i know them in real life (Family, school, friends etc).. or if dad forces me to :P

Tash.
01-03-2010, 10:35 PM
I'll add a person if they were at school/college with me, I know them or if I have actually spoken to them and like them. I don't generally request other people tbh.

CJW93
01-03-2010, 10:45 PM
If they go to my college, I know them irl, friends friends or if they are female look over 16 and they have a highly attrative picture

Meanies
01-03-2010, 10:52 PM
dont really add people that often and if it is its from the recommended thing down the side, so by mutual friends.

i accept people i recognise name/picture or have 10+ mutual friends. have like 2/3 online people and if i get an add from a randomer they generally get rejected unless theyre fit

FlyingJesus
01-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Don't generally send out the requests but if I get some then I'll add people I know irl or e-people there's only like 5 I have on there because most I don't like enough to talk to anyway. Other exception will be if you're fit

DJ-Ains.T
01-03-2010, 11:20 PM
i accept very good online friends as well as real life friends and people i know

Yoshimitsui
01-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I only have those of which i have met before or those i will talk to for distance reasons. I don't see the idea in those who add everybody they have heard of to get up to a thousand.

Smits
01-03-2010, 11:59 PM
I add anyone who i know, and use msn for people i talk to.

Facebook i like to read what people are doing, and get to know people i dont know that well, or may of just seen around.

MrGazet
02-03-2010, 02:36 AM
I rarely add people on fb,they usually add me.

But if I do,I add all the people that I know in my life and just put them into categories like schoolmates,strangers and stuffs.

I find it rare to add strangers unless I want to get to know them and I decline fr's from strangers most of the time though

Metric1
02-03-2010, 06:23 AM
If I know them personally and they add me, I accept. If I have not met them in real life I do not add them.

Pixet
02-03-2010, 07:26 AM
I never actually add anyone, they add me. It's usually people that are my classes at school the odd random from groups now and then. But I only accept people I know like me. :P

Seatherny
02-03-2010, 07:45 AM
I voted the first one but it should be:
I add people in my year at school/college and mutual friends

I dont just add anyone. I dont see the point in filling my fb friends bit with strangers.

buttons
02-03-2010, 08:55 AM
i accept anyone i know. it's always amusing to have people from different years or nearby schools/colleges to get the gossip. used to accept online people but then it got too much so deleted them all except 2. if i just had friends or people i personally speak to it'd be pretty boring, everyone on my facebook talk to one another on it even if we don't at school or college, it is a social network afterall:S

Samishlol
02-03-2010, 12:32 PM
I only accept people who have mutal friends in common with me.

Pyroka
02-03-2010, 06:05 PM
I cant vote cuz Im cautioned but like, I used to add like anyone off the internet and what not, but I cracked down a few weeks ago, removed everyone from the net and only kept on the people from the net who dont go on HxF and I've known for yearrrssss, like since 05. anywee life story shortened, i only keep certain ppl from net and all my mates irl on fb now. ppl who ive met basically.

MrGazet
03-03-2010, 04:09 AM
Ooo I found most people on here wouldnt mind adding FIT peeps :P

Lindsey
04-03-2010, 01:40 AM
I really don't care who I add, but it has to be a person i have talked to,

I wonder how people find me on facebook, with no friends in common . its well funny

Blinger1
04-03-2010, 03:14 AM
I cant vote cuz Im cautioned but like, I used to add like anyone off the internet and what not, but I cracked down a few weeks ago, removed everyone from the net and only kept on the people from the net who dont go on HxF and I've known for yearrrssss, like since 05. anywee life story shortened, i only keep certain ppl from net and all my mates irl on fb now. ppl who ive met basically.
*cough* where am i !?

I add only people i know, i don't think i have anyone from the net :S

Nicola
04-03-2010, 06:40 PM
I tend to just add people that I know or people that I have a lot of mutual friends with.

Oh and I have a few from online aswell.

Haaaaarry1
04-03-2010, 07:44 PM
i only add people i know even if theyre from online

if someone adds me and i can see their profile and theyre like a real person and not one of those sex accounts, i will accept then be like erm yh hey who are you? then if they're all RANDOM ADD BBZ xoOXOxoxo im just like **delete**

Gibs960
04-03-2010, 07:55 PM
I only add people that I've talked to in real life, even if I've only said anything to them once :)

Mathew
04-03-2010, 07:57 PM
I just add people I know in real life with the odd couple I've been speaking to for years online. :)

camera
04-03-2010, 08:08 PM
i add whoever tbh, but i sort em out. if i really dnt know them, ill just put them on Limited Profile, where they can see nothing much anyway. i have several friend lists. e-pals, fam/relatives, sec sch mates etc etc and all of em have diff privacy settings

Blinger1
05-03-2010, 01:50 AM
how do you make different profile things?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!