PDA

View Full Version : Activision's Plans for COD (New developer, Infinity Ward laid off?!, new genres?)

Fez
02-03-2010, 09:54 PM
http://kotaku.com/5484026/

Okay I predict we're going to see some things happen at E3 this year.

dbgtz
02-03-2010, 09:58 PM
But I want IW to do MW3!! For the story purely, I wanna shoot makarovs eye out.

EDIT: assuming MW3 still exists, will that be released in 2012 or will there be 2 in 2011? :S

PaulMacC
02-03-2010, 10:12 PM
If Infinity Ward lose the rights to the Call of Duty series I am boycotting ever buying a Call of Duty game again.

dbgtz
02-03-2010, 10:16 PM
I would too considering they're the one who makes the better COD and makes the engine too. Remember what happened last time with treyarch ;)

Also I read that IW contract with Activision ends October this year and they've supposedly signed a deal with a rival publisher (supposedly not EA) and that the reason those ppls were first because they were negotiating this and it was a breach of contract or something like that. Also that they partly own the rights to the franchise. In another source they said that they own the modern cods so maybe mw3 could exist AS mw3.

Fez
02-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Infinity Ward have the publishing rights to all Present (Modern Warfares) Call of Duties.

Could be an interesting turn of events in the next month or two, I predicted and hoped something like this would happen. Infinity Ward deserve better.

Chris
02-03-2010, 10:34 PM
So it's bye bye iw and hello random studio that no one even knows?

And paying to actually play mp=fail.

Neil
02-03-2010, 11:07 PM
I assume this just means MW3 wont hit until 2012, I wonder what the new developer is going to do, the new team is lead by some of the guys that worked on Dead Space so I think we might be seeing a futuristic CoD perhaps.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!