PDA

View Full Version : New Call of Duty title announced

Stephen!
03-03-2010, 03:38 PM
March 2, 2010 - Activision has announced Sledgehammer Games, a newly formed studio led by former Visceral Games executives Glen A. Schofield and Michael Condrey, will develop a new Call of Duty title that will "extend the franchise into the action-adventure genre."

The publisher also confirmed it will release another Call of Duty title in 2011, but it's unclear as of now if this is the same title Sledgehammer is currently developing. This leaves the door open for another studio, possibly Infinity Ward, to develop the 2011 title. We've asked Activision for clarification.

The company also confirmed Treyarch is handling development on the Call of Duty title to be released this fall. Meanwhile, Infinity Ward is still set to develop and release the first two downloadable map packs for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

"2010 will be another important year for the Call of Duty franchise," stated Mike Griffith, President and CEO of Activision Publishing. "In addition to continued catalog sales, new downloadable content from Infinity Ward and a new Call of Duty release, we are excited about the opportunity to bring the franchise to new geographies, genres and players."

Activision also says it's looking to expand the franchise with the same focus seen in its Blizzard Entertainment business. This includes looking at "high-margin digital online content" and taking the series to "new geographies, new genres and with new digital business models."

The company has had "discussions with a select number of partners" to bring the franchise to Asia, one of the fastest growing online multiplayer regions.

Just some more information than the other thread

ItsDave
03-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Hm. So basically what we new already, just with a different studio? Hm. Good find though.

Jordy
03-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah good find, I was hoping this would been firm confirmation on what this years Call of Duty will be all about though. It's about time something is said on it to be fair.

The guy behind this new studio was an EA High-flyer it seems (At the Visceral Studio which created Dead Space and Dante's Inferno). Seeing as he was involved with EA, I suspect it'll be crap but that would be a bit judgemental of me.

dbgtz
03-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Me thinks the future or further in the past with more melee weapons.

ecstasy
03-03-2010, 05:17 PM
action/adventure meaning it'll be less to do with war?

Oleh
03-03-2010, 06:02 PM
Itll be a sort of metal gear solid slash assassins creed thing im thinking

Fez
03-03-2010, 06:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't sell as well as other iterations.

Sharpsterz
03-03-2010, 06:37 PM
They better not team up with Blizzard, they will make us pay for games per month :rolleyes:

Fez
03-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Activision merged with Blizzard a long time ago.

Subscription based Call of Duty is pretty much inevitable.

Neil
03-03-2010, 07:39 PM
They better not team up with Blizzard, they will make us pay for games per month :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure the only pay to play game Blizzard even have is World of Warcraft so I think you need a /face palm.

Oleh
03-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Call of duty on subscription = Bad company 2 is the most played game ever

ecstasy
03-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Hmm, maybe it'll be good having a COD that isnt based on war.

Subscription based Call of Duty is pretty much inevitable.

Do you mean having to pay to play it?

Fez
03-03-2010, 07:42 PM
Hmm, maybe it'll be good having a COD that isnt based on war.

Do you mean having to pay to play it?
Subscription like Xbox Live.

I'm guessing not as expensive though, or as expensive as WoW.

I'd predict prices but I haven't the faintest.

dbgtz
03-03-2010, 07:45 PM
I'd go to uncharted 2 or MAG (when I got it) if got goes subscription based, why pay for it even if it has dedis when MAG and U2 have them already? At least MAG does anyway.
If they do make it on subscription I wonder which console it would sell more on considering microsoft already have their subscription fees so...

Oleh
03-03-2010, 07:48 PM
i doubt it would sell more on ps3 due to many fanboys always slagging xbox off about having subscription fee's so they will not take the bullet to get pwnt

Im guessing pc due to most of online pc games being subscription people wont care

AgnesIO
03-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Erm most online PC games are not subscriptions..?

Only like proper online games (rs, wow, habbo ..)

And if it isn't based on war, that would ruin call of duty..

ecstasy
03-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Subscription would put people off completely

lTraditional
03-03-2010, 09:42 PM
Well, you did a great find but how do they keep comming up with theese names? I was also wondering what the new one would be called, bet they are making loads of money!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!