PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XIII

Sam
03-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Hey guys,

Today i got a text from Game saying that my copy of Final Fantasy XIII will be available to pick up Friday 5th and they're holding it for 48 hours. It doesn't come out till next Tuesday 9th though?

Surely Game wouldnt release such a major title so early? I would call them but only just remembered and their closed. Anyone else who preordered get the same?

:S

Angel-Light
03-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent Preorder of Final Fantasy XIII.

Due to the large volume of orders, we will be despatching your Preorder in plenty of time for launch.
To assist with despatching your order we will be processing your order early.

As a result, you may receive an email informing you that "your Preorder is on its way".
You may even find that your account has been debited.

To help us make sure that nothing affects your delivery, please check your card
details are up to date, and that you've got enough funds in your account for payment.

Happy gaming!

That's the e-mail I got on 2nd March. Mines is being delivered so no idea when mines will come in :(

Aidobmac
04-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Agh!!!

I have to get a PS3!!!

I want that game so so so so so so bad it looks great!

kk.
04-03-2010, 02:31 AM
It is on 360 too.

But I also got the above email :)

Alba
04-03-2010, 04:09 PM
I hate this game so much... played 2 hours Into It, and still couldn't get Into the story and didn't feel compelled to play. The battle system also annoys me. Poor effort, for the amount of time they've had to make this imo.

dbgtz
04-03-2010, 04:52 PM
It is on 360 too.

But I also got the above email :)

This ain't a fanboy talking but SE said it's better quality on PS3 (and shown to be better) plus it has less discs :P Which kinda made the quality worse but anyway they would.

PaulMacC
04-03-2010, 05:15 PM
This ain't a fanboy talking but SE said it's better quality on PS3 (and shown to be better) plus it has less discs :P Which kinda made the quality worse but anyway they would.
PS3 has no graphical advantage over 360. There was a test Apeel posted a while back that showed if anything 360 was better. I'm getting PS3 version primarily because I have Final Fantasy 1-12 on PS Platforms.

Fez
04-03-2010, 05:32 PM
PS3 has no graphical advantage over 360. There was a test Apeel posted a while back that showed if anything 360 was better. I'm getting PS3 version primarily because I have Final Fantasy 1-12 on PS Platforms.

I think that was Neil.

The version is better on the PS3, due to it being natively developed on it AND the Cell processor being optimised for draw distance.

The whole "LOL 360 HAS THREE DISCS" is pointless. I'm glad they didn't squeeze it down and lose the qualiterz.

I'm not going to bring up the '360 IS BETTA THAN PS3 LOL' debate, because it's pointless too. The 360 and PS3 are technically on par with each other, the link that Neil posted outlined how fast the textures pop in and how fast discs can be read. The cell in the PS3 is WAY better than the 360, but the processor in the 360 is WAY better than the PS3. By WAY better I mean that the Cell could just about (according to Destructoid) run three copies of COD4 and a PSN game (such as Pixeljunk Shooter) at the same time.

I prefer neither 360 or PS3, but I usually buy my FPSs on the 360 because the controller is better suited. I bought Street Fighter on my 360, found the controller to be awfully designed for fighters, and traded it in to get the PS3 version.

Hell yeah offtopic ftw.

Axel
04-03-2010, 06:05 PM
Sadly, the Final Fantasy series got bad from 12 onwards.

kk.
04-03-2010, 06:30 PM
Not what I was getting at really lol. The above person said 'i have to get a ps3' and I was pointing out it on 360 too. In any case, I've ordered it for the ps3 anyway :P

and my orders being packed apparently

Forgot to quote lol. That was at gomez or something

MrGazet
04-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Sadly, the Final Fantasy series got bad from 12 onwards.

I agree with that!

PaulMacC
04-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I agree with that!
Final Fantasy 11 is rubbish.
Final Fantasy 12 is meh.

dbgtz
05-03-2010, 03:59 PM
http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7287

Angel-Light
05-03-2010, 04:12 PM
Why are people so hung up over graphics nowadays? I remember when it was gameplay that mattered most not visual graphics :l

To be honest I don't see much of a difference in the above link that would put me of buying the game anyway (I only have a 360). A good story and gameplay in any game wins my approval ;)

kk.
05-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Why are people so hung up over graphics nowadays? I remember when it was gameplay that mattered most not visual graphics :l

To be honest I don't see much of a difference in the above link that would put me of buying the game anyway (I only have a 360). A good story and gameplay in any game wins my approval ;)
When they are the same game, you look towards other things. Hence, the graphics comparison.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!