PDA

View Full Version : Ubisofts DRM cracked in 25 hours

Niall!
04-03-2010, 06:37 PM
http://www.infoaddict.com/ubisofts-new-drm-cracked-in-under-25-hours

Ubisoft made serious waves when they announced a new DRM policy for all new PC titles, beginning with Silent Hunter 5 and Assassin’s Creed 2. The new scheme UbiSoft hoped would thwart piracy requires all legitimate users to have a permanent Internet connection that continuously authenticates a copy of the game. Additionally, save game files are now stored on UbiSoft servers. This new system has angered long-time fans who are rightfully pissed off that this new procedure will undermine the integrity of their game, i.e., lose Internet connection and you can’t play the game, or Ubisoft servers take a hike and you’re left holding your ****.

Well, Ubisoft’s master plan has collapsed in under 24-hours, as infamous cracker group Skid-Row has tackled the new DRM and rendered it useless, meaning the only people now suffering with this ridiculous DRM are legitimate owners.

Feels good to a be a pirate man.

kk.
04-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Ridiculous. If your Internet was down for whatever reason, and your bored, you play games. Now you can't even do that! Ubisoft need to rethink how to do tackle this. I'm all for tackling piracy, but I'll continue to do it until it's impossible not to lol

Fez
04-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Everytime a publisher makes a DRM like this or some sort of 'anti-piracy' thing, it only hurts the consumer, not the pirate.

To stop the pirates, get rid of all of your 'anit-piracy' crap.

today
04-03-2010, 06:58 PM
Waheyyy, lovin this. :D

samsaBEAR
04-03-2010, 07:41 PM
it was only a matter of time tbh. ubisoft are silly, presenting crackers with a challenge is only going to make them work harder to get around it

[Chris]
05-03-2010, 12:27 AM
Lmao.. They wont learn..

Anti piracys a JOKE. As demonstrated.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!