PDA

View Full Version : Just Cause 2 Demo

Niall!
04-03-2010, 07:29 PM
Out now on STEAM and presumably consoles.

Stephen!
04-03-2010, 08:40 PM
didn't like it.

Fez
04-03-2010, 09:08 PM
My impressions: http://www.platformnation.com/2010/03/04/just-cause-2-demo-impressions/

Warning: may contain use of expletives and the word 'awesome'.

ecstasy
07-03-2010, 12:26 PM
loved it :D
detaching a turret gun and walking round with it was very fun

Niall!
07-03-2010, 12:57 PM
I have found a way to disable the timer on the PC version :D

Technologic
07-03-2010, 01:41 PM
I have found a way to disable the timer on the PC version :D

Lol, how so?

Edit: Amazing trainer for the demo http://modmywhat.com/article/JustCause2DemoTrainer2Released-495

Niall!
07-03-2010, 02:19 PM
Lol, how so?

Edit: Amazing trainer for the demo http://modmywhat.com/article/JustCause2DemoTrainer2Released-495

The trainer doesn't work with steam. The only way to do it with steam is via cheat engine.

Download Cheat Engine and follow these instructions.

1) Start Just Cause 2, trigger the timer by jumping off the platform. Open the PDA by pressing F1 and check what the timer says. Memorize it, or write it down.

2) Alt-tab out and start CheatEngine. In CheatEngine, browse the processes and select JustCause2.exe. Choose 'Unknown initial value' from the 'Scan type' drop-down list, '4 Bytes', and hit the 'First Scan' button.

3) Go in-game again, un-pause and let some time go by.

4) Again, open the PDA and check how many seconds have gone by. Alt-tab back to CheatEngine and search for a new value, this time a 'Value increased by...' (or, as listed by the program, 'Increased value by...'), and enter the appropriate value (the time in seconds that passed) in the 'Value:' box. Hit 'Next Scan'.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you find the correct value, usually an address starting with '1A5'.

6) When found, double-click it to add it to the box below. Freeze it and play for as long as you want.

Chris
07-03-2010, 03:01 PM
And this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJkKATSjoY8&feature=player_embedded) is how its done on xbox. Read the description if you dont understand it. Oh and to get rid of the red alert just complete something to get a popup and it will terminate it. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJkKATSjoY8&feature=player_embedded

Technologic
07-03-2010, 03:26 PM
The trainer doesn't work with steam. The only way to do it with steam is via cheat engine.

Download Cheat Engine and follow these instructions.

1) Start Just Cause 2, trigger the timer by jumping off the platform. Open the PDA by pressing F1 and check what the timer says. Memorize it, or write it down.

2) Alt-tab out and start CheatEngine. In CheatEngine, browse the processes and select JustCause2.exe. Choose 'Unknown initial value' from the 'Scan type' drop-down list, '4 Bytes', and hit the 'First Scan' button.

3) Go in-game again, un-pause and let some time go by.

4) Again, open the PDA and check how many seconds have gone by. Alt-tab back to CheatEngine and search for a new value, this time a 'Value increased by...' (or, as listed by the program, 'Increased value by...'), and enter the appropriate value (the time in seconds that passed) in the 'Value:' box. Hit 'Next Scan'.

5) Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you find the correct value, usually an address starting with '1A5'.

6) When found, double-click it to add it to the box below. Freeze it and play for as long as you want.

Just tried the trainer and it works perfectly with steam... It also removes the map limits!!!

One thing you must only start the trainer AFTER youve entered the game and started walking around

Stefy09
08-03-2010, 08:18 PM
Is it me or is it the buggiest demo ever? It just randomly freezes (and doesn't unfreeze) at random times everytime I play. I googled and it seems there's loads of people it's been happening to

Black_Apalachi
10-03-2010, 03:37 AM
Had a quick mess round on this the other day, it's pretty cool. Although I imagined it would be pretty repetitive once you get going with the story which my brother confirmed because he was playing it for ages lol.

Technologic
26-03-2010, 04:54 PM
The games out today :D Im off to get it soon, will tell all when i get it!

Adamm
26-03-2010, 05:03 PM
Dual grappling is fun.

It takes a while to get into the game, you start off doing missions before anything else. Vehicle handling takes some getting used to but it's a game I'm willing to put time into. It's fun.

Oleh
26-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Lovefilm posted this an hour ago, ill be brapping it up tommorow :P

Fez
26-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Renting maybe

Stefy09
26-03-2010, 05:57 PM
illegal downloadin maybe

Chris
26-03-2010, 09:43 PM
got it yesterday and i love itttttt.

Adamm
28-03-2010, 07:36 PM
illegal downloadin maybe
sake, pay for games.

music or films fair enough because most of them are god awful but not games. they can hardly stand on their own 2 feet as it is

Chris
28-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Finished the story today. Only 7 missions though. :/

Stefy09
29-03-2010, 02:37 AM
sake, pay for games.

music or films fair enough because most of them are god awful but not games. they can hardly stand on their own 2 feet as it is

Pay when I can get them for free? I would rather be selfish when it comes to games, films etc

Niall!
29-03-2010, 02:57 AM
Pay when I can get them for free? I would rather be selfish when it comes to games, films etc

I like you. I like you a lot. My attitude exactly.

Adamm
29-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Do you steal cars as well? Steal a mars bar when you're hungry?

Black_Apalachi
29-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Do you steal cars as well? Steal a mars bar when you're hungry?

They are tangible objects.

Niall!
29-03-2010, 12:33 PM
They are tangible objects.

This. I hate people that use the WOULD YOU STEAL A CAR?

If I could get away with it, I would steal everything. I have the right to whatever I want, after all.

GommeInc
29-03-2010, 12:39 PM
The game reminds me of Uncharted for some reason, the main character looks alot like Nate. Still, a game worth thinking about :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!