PDA

View Full Version : My Portfolio design // Need CC

iDenning
04-03-2010, 10:36 PM
Well recently Ive had a lot of people asking me to design/code for them. So I have now setup a mini portfolio so people can view my recent designs. The domain is being setup atm but the design is pretty much done. I'm happy with it as I want it simple and attractive :)

Here it is, cc only.
http://files.uploadffs.com/d/1/964219c3/LAYOUT_water.png

Dottz
05-03-2010, 02:40 AM
I like the simplicity of it but not digging the whole red on gray color scheme.

LMS16
05-03-2010, 08:06 AM
Pink & Grey dont go, surely you noticed that....

Maybe try a darker grey with a 1px white drop shadow :)

Lew.

iDenning
05-03-2010, 04:55 PM
The RED on gray is there so that the content sticks out straight away. Alot of layouts have it now :S Thanks for CC tho and im also going to do another type of layout inabit and ill post it :)

[Oli]
05-03-2010, 05:30 PM
The RED on gray is there so that the content sticks out straight away. Alot of layouts have it now :S Thanks for CC tho and im also going to do another type of layout inabit and ill post it :)

They have other shades of red. Your red here, is too bright and too much impact. It makes the visitor immediately want to close the website.

Try darker grays as said before. Also, don't put red text on red backgrounds, it makes it almost fade-in with the background which is the last thing you want.

Also, you have too much red, try to differ a bit with the red and some light gray content (on a darker gray background ofcourse), this will make the content stand out, and the red will be less overwhelming, like it is atm.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!