PDA

View Full Version : A turn for the worst...

Sabre_1
01-08-2005, 09:53 AM
Ok so, in light of new Habbox news, and countless other bits of information, i've completely turned around on the Habbo situation. I was wrong. Not 100%, but wrong enough to be a man and admit it rather than just not posting again. :rolleyes:

Anyway, yes so it seems that Habbo's security has hit rock bottom, and Habbo Staff are trying to cover it all up. Noe they are still working, which is where I was right, but it appears that they just aren't bothering to cope with security, either that or they have no control, nothing they can do. But case in point, this could have been going on for weeks and weeks before us little Habbos got to know about it, so maybe now you can all lay off them for not giving prizes etc. because this might have been around longer than you think.

It is clear to us all though that maybe they could be doing something right by hiring a few more staff for Habbo Ltd. They could then assign different staff to different things such as prizes, competitions, and handling security breaches. What I don't want to see around here is 10,000 threads consisting of a sentence or two that look something like this:

"OH MY GAWD, LYKE H4660 IS DOING NOTHIN TO STOP SCAMMIN N HAXIN, IZ LEVVIN HABBO COS ITS SO SCRIPTED!!!" Yes dumb-***, very good thread, but rather than that, it could just look like this instead:
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/5281/spam1qc.jpg

So yes, Habbo Staff need to do more to stop this, a lot more, but you can't really say they aren't trying. Updating the home page doesn't mean they aren't doing anything, it's just because even in spite of all the security breaches, they want Habbo to run as normal. Besides, 2 days without an update and somewhere someone would we typing "LYKE OMG, DEY NEVA UPDTE DA HMEPG NEMO'! DEE SSHDTHB SAWEH DHHGFRFYRGDYRG" Yes, let's type in alphabet first letters and miss out all the vowels to increase typing speed. Or maybe you could just practice to type fast without looking like a goon. :rolleyes:

End Rant.

P.S. Davey-Boy, Phila, no smart or gloating remarks please. And i'll sit here and apologise for all that last thread, we were all out of hand. ;)

EDIT: Posted by (some guy with a long name, first reply down), they said about it being prevented. I suppose in ways it could have been, but then again they couldn't have seen it coming, once someone finds a way around their security there's no stopping it. I think it's because they've just become more famous than ever, with adverts in magazines and such, it's not unlikely that a bigger and better hacker, such as Sonicmouse, or worse, has seen it and found Habbo, and decided to ***** around with it. That can't be prevented.

Also, on blaming us for stuff, Habbo Staff have only issued warnings to stay away from other sites, it was Hobbas and MOD's that actually said that they were hacked because they had the loggers and gave out details.

Axlilxbitxflirt
01-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Well... I frankly think that they couldv'e PREVENTED this in the first place!! You ahev to admit [And you did] That Habbo Is going under the water. I DO think they can get above the water again...... But It might take awhile and what I have noticed is that they are blaming stuff on us saying "You went to websites that have had Keyloggers" They can fix this and some would be happy.... but what they don't have to do is blame us for no "Protecting" Ourselves when a flipping websites has Habbo's Phone numbers!!!!

Sabre_1
01-08-2005, 10:12 AM
Well... I frankly think that they couldv'e PREVENTED this in the first place!! You ahev to admit [And you did] That Habbo Is going under the water. I DO think they can get above the water again...... But It might take awhile and what I have noticed is that they are blaming stuff on us saying "You went to websites that have had Keyloggers" They can fix this and some would be happy.... but what they don't have to do is blame us for no "Protecting" Ourselves when a flipping websites has Habbo's Phone numbers!!!!
I suppose in ways it could have been, but then again they couldn't have seen it coming, once someone finds a way around their security there's no stopping it. I think it's because they've just become more famous than ever, with adverts in magazines and such, it's not unlikely that a bigger and better hacker, such as Sonicmouse, or worse, has seen it and found Habbo, and decided to ***** around with it. That can't be prevented.

Also, on blaming us for stuff, Habbo Staff have only issued warnings to stay away from other sites, it was Hobbas and MOD's that actually said that they were hacked because they had the loggers and gave out details.

P.S. Do something about your font colour, that really hacks me off that I have to squint really hard to read it. :s

DJ-Purcelly
01-08-2005, 10:17 AM
habbo may have been trying to fix it for a while,

tihnk of it form there point of view;

hotel security goes down is problem one,
hobbas get attacked (hacker wise) is problem 2,
hobbas get debadged was needed for safety of habbos so is also problem 3.

trying to get hobba accounts back to normal and badged again should not take long.

but the whole of habbo, over 6500 people online at any one time, prevents problems as whiel staff are trying to get the securty back up they are watching habbo's

also habbo has a massive security database which it has to as it ahs so many members, rooms, and problems.

The security system will soon be up again habbo staff have assured habbos, in certain rooms.

Sabre_1
01-08-2005, 10:53 AM
habbo may have been trying to fix it for a while,

tihnk of it form there point of view;

hotel security goes down is problem one,
hobbas get attacked (hacker wise) is problem 2,
hobbas get debadged was needed for safety of habbos so is also problem 3.

trying to get hobba accounts back to normal and badged again should not take long.

but the whole of habbo, over 6500 people online at any one time, prevents problems as whiel staff are trying to get the securty back up they are watching habbo's

also habbo has a massive security database which it has to as it ahs so many members, rooms, and problems.

The security system will soon be up again habbo staff have assured habbos, in certain rooms.
That's basically everything I just said worded differently. :@ :rolleyes:

Mit
01-08-2005, 10:56 AM
Im sending a written letter to them and many of us are talking to Becs

Rix
01-08-2005, 10:57 AM
why not play exchange with habbo .com hobbas or au hobbas there have to many they could borrow a few

Sabre_1
01-08-2005, 11:02 AM
why not play exchange with habbo .com hobbas or au hobbas there have to many they could borrow a few
It's not Hobbas we need though, cmon listen in dude, all Hobbas do is ban people and make sure Habbo's aren't being naughty buggers. What've they got to do with scripting and hacking? Jeeze, wake up.

Rareoid
01-08-2005, 11:04 AM
Im sending a written letter to them and many of us are talking to Becs

I am not being nasty to you but 2 points...

1) Becs as way more things to cope with than apologising to Habbos because scriptors have learnt how to script server-side and Hobba's accounts are getting owned. She can't stop it anyway.

2) What will the written letter seriously achieve? I mean Habbo Hotel are a business with over 1,000,000 Habbo's worldwide.

Sabre_1
01-08-2005, 11:07 AM
I am not being nasty to you but 2 points...

1) Becs as way more things to cope with than apologising to Habbos because scriptors have learnt how to script server-side and Hobba's accounts are getting owned. She can't stop it anyway.

2) What will the written letter seriously achieve? I mean Habbo Hotel are a business with over 1,000,000 Habbo's worldwide.
Very true. Becs can't do everything, I wish people would stop treating her as Habbo God. :o

Rachi
01-08-2005, 11:19 AM

STOP WRITING IN PInk
And use the codes properly. U put [/[/Color]Font] Which is meant 2 be [/Color] [/Font]
xD

Laura.
01-08-2005, 02:26 PM
STOP WRITING IN PInk
And use the codes properly. U put [/[/Color]Font] Which is meant 2 be [/Color] [/Font]
xD

Lol Yoo And Sabre_1 Are Right Stop Writing In Pink Its Annoying -.-

Rawr
01-08-2005, 02:31 PM
Rofl yes we know habbo secruity has hit rock bottom. I just wish they would close the hotel and fix it!!! :D

Sabre_1
01-08-2005, 08:27 PM
Rofl yes we know habbo secruity has hit rock bottom. I just wish they would close the hotel and fix it!!! :D
Hmm. Maybe closing the hotel for a few days and fixing it all up would be an idea, but it'd need careful planning and co-ordination, or it'll be down for a week, maybe two. What they need to do is get professional help in to make sure security is as tight as it can be.

And what's with Habbo storing your phone numbers anyway? They have no use for those numbers, and even if they did they shouldn't keep them on record. :@

HolyWar
01-08-2005, 08:32 PM
You say everything else is spam? You dont want to see more threads like this?? You created this thread amongst the other 300 already in circulation, users do have a right to complain and I myself encourage them to do so. But dont make a post telling people you are fed up with their spam when in fact you should be classifying this as spam as well. Everyone has a right to an opinion and to form a discussion over it, this is a discussion board and this is an inevitable scenario considering there is not much bigger news. Alot of people just want to get their point across, we have already come to the conclusion that Sulake has turned their back on all of their users.

Sabre_1
01-08-2005, 08:41 PM
You say everything else is spam? You dont want to see more threads like this?? You created this thread amongst the other 300 already in circulation, users do have a right to complain and I myself encourage them to do so. But dont make a post telling people you are fed up with their spam when in fact you should be classifying this as spam as well. Everyone has a right to an opinion and to form a discussion over it, this is a discussion board and this is an inevitable scenario considering there is not much bigger news. Alot of people just want to get their point across, we have already come to the conclusion that Sulake has turned their back on all of their users.
No no, see what you've done is what countless others do, mis-read what I type and then use it as an excuse to whine. Why do you all whine so much? If you can't whine about Habbo, you whine about what people on here say. STOP WHINING. What I actually typed was that I didn't want to see a load of ungrammatical nonsense that consisted of around two sentences that everyone's heard before. Now if it was like my thread, my opinion, that everyone can discuss and relate to for necessary information, that's fine. Fine, maybe i'll stop typing as I normally would, professionally and maturely, and instead strt 2 typ lyk dis, jst so u dmbases cn undrstnd wt iz sayn. K whnrs? :@ How come you can read that and it registers logically, but when I type it using perfect english, you moan because you can't read?

K, so iz gna lev u 2 cme bk wiv ur stpd ansr, dnt b 2 lng cs iz gtin brd. Oh what sorry you're getting what? BREAD? Oh bored, that's right because you took out all the vowels and made yourself completely unintelligible. Very nice. Will you be entering in the next SPECIAL Olympics? :rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!