PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion

Neil
07-03-2010, 11:04 PM
At the top of the new layout it has "Welcome, Neil My Profile etc."

The "Neil" part links to my profile anyway so maybe remove the "My Profile" part at some point because it just seems pointless having two links to the same page next to each other really.

Hecktix
07-03-2010, 11:06 PM
At the top of the new layout it has "Welcome, Neil My Profile etc."

The "Neil" part links to my profile anyway so maybe remove the "My Profile" part at some point because it just seems pointless having two links to the same page next to each other really.

I agree, however how many people won't actually realise their name is a link? Gotta cater for all remember!

Seatherny
07-03-2010, 11:06 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Should be able to do it easily. Maybe replace it with a different link...

I agree, however how many people won't actually realise their name is a link? Gotta cater for all remember!

Its written differently - colour and background changes on hover - so people should be able to guess it's a link.

dirrty
07-03-2010, 11:08 PM
the same for 'new posts' and 'what's new?'. one should be removed as they both link to the same thing.

Hecktix
07-03-2010, 11:11 PM
Its written differently - colour and background changes on hover - so people should be able to guess it's a link.

I would still say some may miss it, they may not hover over their name?
I agree it's having two links to the same page next to eachother. We could always stop the name from being a link I suppose.

GommeInc
07-03-2010, 11:11 PM

They survived well enough with the old VB, which had "Welcome GommeInc" :P

Hecktix
07-03-2010, 11:12 PM
They survived well enough with the old VB, which had "Welcome GommeInc" :P

True enough, forgot it didn't have a profile link on the old one. Will speak to Jamesy about getting it removed.

Jamesy
07-03-2010, 11:14 PM
And so he did, and so they are removed ;)

Seatherny
07-03-2010, 11:16 PM
True enough, forgot it didn't have a profile link on the old one. Will speak to Jamesy about getting it removed.

In the old one it linked to the profile.
No harm in leaving both links there ... whats the point in removing it from the name ... :S

Nvm I see Jamesy has removed the MY PROFILE instead :)

Martin
07-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Looks like the "My profile" one has gone now. :D That was super quick! :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!