PDA

View Full Version : A "Test" forum

Seatherny
08-03-2010, 12:06 AM
How about making a "Test forum" as a subforum for spam?
Maybe do it so only the thread creator can post and see their own threads - or everyone can see all threads but no one can reply to other peoples threads.

It would be a great place for people to test things, test if words are filtered, test fonts etc. Many forums have it and its used quite a lot.

Hecktix
08-03-2010, 12:13 AM
How about making a "Test forum" as a subforum for spam?
Maybe do it so only the thread creator can post and see their own threads - or everyone can see all threads but no one can reply to other peoples threads.

It would be a great place for people to test things, test if words are filtered, test fonts etc. Many forums have it and its used quite a lot.

Interesting idea, would come in handy for us too as we don't have amazing testing grounds in the staff forums. Suppose we'd be willing to consider it if it got enough interest in this thread, but obviously we have been trying to cut down on forums so we'd have to be absolutely sure it'd be popular.

You're full of ideas tonight!

kk.
08-03-2010, 12:15 AM
sounds alright to me lol, maybe not as a sub forum in spam, but in that section that spams in, and post count disabled

Seatherny
08-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Or have it so only thread starter and moderators can see it - so if users want, they can request a moderator to check their thread to see if its allowed before they post it.

Lets see what others think.

jackass
08-03-2010, 01:00 AM
Haha, thanks for linking me up to this thread!

Yeah, I can see where this could come in handy, but at the same time, isn't the forum supposed to be cutting down on the amount of sections/forums/sub-forums etc. that there are?

But yeah, apart from that, i'm all for this idea! :)

Nixt
08-03-2010, 02:46 AM
In fairness that sounds like a bit of a waste of time to me. No offence :P. I see your point, but at the same time it seems somewhat unnecessary... I'd say it would get used for about a month and then get neglected. Most of the things one would be inclined to test can be done so in the Spam Forum. If you aren't too sure about filtered words, it only takes a post in spam that you 'preview' first, before posting, and then you will know.

I don't see any reason why this would be implemented, sorry.

Tomm
08-03-2010, 04:42 PM
You can also click preview post and it will show you what your post will look like if you don't want to actually post it anywhere :D

Caution
08-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Forums are being deleted and merged to free space, so I can't see how this would be done. Seem's pointless. :/

The Professor
08-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Yeah the preview post button pretty much does this!

Black_Apalachi
10-03-2010, 02:17 AM
Or have it so only thread starter and moderators can see it - so if users want, they can request a moderator to check their thread to see if its allowed before they post it.

Lets see what others think.

I was going to say that there's not really any point but that's a pretty good usage for it. Although I have to agree with Garion; it rarely occurs where you're not sure whether a post is OK, and in most cases it's easy to just alter it. For everything else there's <s>Mastercard</s> preview :P

Strike-through fail, I know.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!