PDA

View Full Version : Help burning songs onto CD

Arron
08-03-2010, 09:16 PM
Right, I've never conquered how to put songs on to a DVD/CD.
I have a laptop and a PC.
I have tried a few times to burn the disc from my main PC, I sync'd and stuff and when I put it in my car/CD player it wouldn't play... I've never tried on my new laptop because I don't have any Discs now, anyone recommend any?

I just need like a basic instruction how to go for it, like I said, I've done it in School but it's not worked at home. You can feel free to -rep for being dumb :)

Arron
09-03-2010, 06:02 PM
bump.

does no one know?
or cannot you bother to reply?

+REP
come on, can't say no to that!!

Jordy
09-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Hmm well I'm going to describe how to do it on iTunes.

Make sure iTunes is loaded, create a playlist down the left and drag and drop any songs you want on the CD in there. When you are done, insert the blank CD and in the bottom right click "Burn Disc". Then choose "Audio Disk".

Ensure this a never-been-used CD rather than a DVD or old CD.

For windows media player try this, it's for an older version of Windows Media Player but it loosely works the same these days; http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/howto/burn_how_to.aspx

If all else fails, google; "Burning CD with windows media player" and they'll be plenty of handy guides.

Arron
09-03-2010, 08:21 PM
thanks my man, need to get hold of some CD's / DVD's
could you recommend any?
also how do I know if my CD player can burn a CD?

Jordy
09-03-2010, 08:51 PM
Providing it's not over 10 years old, I can safely say, it probably will burn.

Blank discs? I recommend Tesco, their quality seems good and prices aren't too bad either.

Arron
09-03-2010, 09:31 PM
it was custom built.
and thanks, okay.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!