PDA

View Full Version : This is not Habbox-y enough

HotelUser
10-03-2010, 02:55 AM
Not to be a negative ned, but I'm really missing the Classic skin. Without, things don't feel quite like Habbox. Can we get a possible ETA on this?

kk.
10-03-2010, 03:01 AM
Oh just calm down and be patient. I can't believe people even liked that skin, it was horrid. People need to check out colour guides and what's down in the new web industry.

Sam said it will be soon, along with retro blue

Seatherny
10-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Oh just calm down and be patient. I can't believe people even liked that skin, it was horrid. People need to check out colour guides and what's down in the new web industry.

Sam said it will be soon, along with retro blue

Haha yeah I agree. I used it for a year and then got really bored of it and switched the second Retro Blue was released.

Cixso
10-03-2010, 09:03 AM
I miss the classic skin too :(

Hecktix
10-03-2010, 10:19 AM
People who can't adapt well to change have an increased susceptibility to psychological problemsin later life you know! :P

We have no idea when the classic skin will return, only Jin knows. All I know is that James is gonna play with RB and Cl at the weekend as he's asked me to do some bugtesting.

HotelUser
10-03-2010, 12:04 PM
People who can't adapt well to change have an increased susceptibility to pyschological problemsin later life you know! :P

We have no idea when the classic skin will return, only Jin knows. All I know is that James is gonna play with RB and Cl at the weekend as he's asked me to do some bugtesting.

Cheers Oli. Please keep us up to date :)

Nixt
10-03-2010, 12:08 PM
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=632282&p=6353049#post6353049

For previews ;)

Arch
10-03-2010, 12:41 PM
I also kinda missed the classic skin but im use to the other ones now
its really not that big a deal although it will be nice to have back

Adamm
10-03-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't like change.

scottish
10-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Should probs sort out bugs on current skin before creatnig another

Nixt
10-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Should probs sort out bugs on current skin before creatnig another

Have you reported said bugs?

scottish
10-03-2010, 01:25 PM
Only about 20

Nixt
10-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Only about 20

Well then, they'll get fixed won't they :). If our members view / use the skins and then give us their feedback, we can maximise them a lot quicker and with a lot more efficiency.

Yoshimitsui
10-03-2010, 02:02 PM
You haven't included the sides that looks messy with text!

The Professor
10-03-2010, 04:16 PM
Tbh I'm not missing the space skin at all really I've got used to the dark skin now, some things still don't look very good but thats just because they're designed badly rather than me not adapting to change imo :)

Jamesy
10-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Tbh I'm not missing the space skin at all really I've got used to the dark skin now, some things still don't look very good but thats just because they're designed badly rather than me not adapting to change imo :)

I'm going to be rectifying this. I don't like what I've done with that one so expect a new one soonish :)

Nixt
10-03-2010, 04:21 PM

With all due respect I've noticed that you and some other members have a habit of criticising without specifying what exactly it is you are criticising. It's all very ambiguous. How can improve what you think is "designed badly" if you aren't going to tell us what you think is badly? Let us know, and we'll do our utmost to fix it.

scottish
10-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I like the black skin other than the bugs with white background

Current dark skin looks better than old one tbh

Smits
10-03-2010, 04:36 PM
To be honest i'm so glad that skin isn't default anymore.

I love the two non habbo ones as well because i'm ay past habbo, but still visit this site.

Makes it feel so much like other forums and actually made me stay on here.

kuzkasate
10-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Well to be fair - the old layout was horrible. This a HABBO fansite forum. Based around HABBO so it's gotta look Habboish whereas the other one didn't.

DJ-Ains.T
10-03-2010, 05:20 PM
I have adapted sort of, but this is still confusing, but hey, phychological has never been my best thing. I'm paranoid all the time. Anyway... I still prefer the old skin lol.

The Professor
10-03-2010, 08:03 PM
With all due respect I've noticed that you and some other members have a habit of criticising without specifying what exactly it is you are criticising. It's all very ambiguous. How can improve what you think is "designed badly" if you aren't going to tell us what you think is badly? Let us know, and we'll do our utmost to fix it.

Tbh they're not big enough to warrant complaining about they're just things that I look at and think they could be better. Like the "Reply to Thread" button text is a bit big and looks out of place and the "smilies and bbcode" box at the bottom only stretches to half the screen and looks weird. But tbh considering you're still ironing out bugs and stuff I didn't think it right to nitpick about small things that don't really matter. If I feel things are bad enough to complain I always make a point of pointing out specifics because I know what its like to be on the end of ambiguous criticisms. My point isn't that the skin is bad anyway its that I've adapted fine to the changes.

kk.
10-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Tbh they're not big enough to warrant complaining about they're just things that I look at and think they could be better. Like the "Reply to Thread" button text is a bit big and looks out of place and the "smilies and bbcode" box at the bottom only stretches to half the screen and looks weird. But tbh considering you're still ironing out bugs and stuff I didn't think it right to nitpick about small things that don't really matter. If I feel things are bad enough to complain I always make a point of pointing out specifics because I know what its like to be on the end of ambiguous criticisms. My point isn't that the skin is bad anyway its that I've adapted fine to the changes.

The BBCode and Smilies box only stretched about a 1/3rd of the screen before, and would look even stupider going full width since it cant fill it

The Professor
10-03-2010, 08:39 PM
The BBCode and Smilies box only stretched about a 1/3rd of the screen before, and would look even stupider going full width since it cant fill it

Make it stretch to how it was then, it just looks a bit strange atm. But like I say I don't care that much anyway

Black_Apalachi
12-03-2010, 12:00 AM
... People need to check out colour guides and what's down in the new web industry. ...

How dare they form personal preferences!

The main reason I am looking forward to my usual skin is because of the layout more than anything else. Everything is much clearer when it's where I expect it to be :P

kk.
12-03-2010, 12:20 AM
How dare they form personal preferences!

The main reason I am looking forward to my usual skin is because of the layout more than anything else. Everything is much clearer when it's where I expect it to be :P

If anyone prefers the colours and images they need to be shot! :P

triston220
12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
I really like this new skin. Though I'm going to try the blue one as soon as it's realised.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!