PDA

View Full Version : New Radio?

Kieran
10-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Hello guys,

I've decided it's time for a new project so I thought I'd run the idea past you guys and get your input! I think my next venture should be in to an online radio station. I've dabbled in this area in the past, having DJ'd on Habbox myself but I felt that the radio was always aimed at Habbo coming from a fansite.

I know before you say, there are a large number of online radios, so don't even bother... well if I took that approach to life, would there be much point in trying anything?

This isn't going to be a radio aimed solely at anything such as Habbo, just a generalised online radio station for people of all ages with music from all eras.

If I was to make a decent layout, get some decent DJs (Not some ten year old kid with an Xbox Live microphone) and just generally try and make it as professional as possible would people tune in?

Also, what sort of ideas would you like to see. Just throw some out in to the open so I can see what sort of things listeners might like to see.

Regards,
Kieran

Easytweet
10-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Find people that would be interested in presenting on this before doing anything.
I work for a real radio station in the south of the UK, and I'd advise looking into it more in-depth before considering trying to compete.
You need a specific target audience, and also, to get anyone decent you'll have to offer decent pay.
Try having a look at Digital Spy forums...

Kieran
10-03-2010, 09:47 PM
I want to get an idea from listeners before even considering finding people to help out. Pointless in me finding people if no one actually wants to listen ;)

LMS16
11-03-2010, 08:12 PM
All I can say is any radio site project is a big risk, it either works or it doesnt, simple as.

You need to consider alot of things though,

Can you register as business and pay your staff also deduct tax?
Do you have time to run the site?
Do you have the funds?
Will it be shoutcast?

Alot of questions to be asked... I would balance the good points and bad points...

Lew.

Tenbeta
12-03-2010, 02:59 PM
All I can say is any radio site project is a big risk, it either works or it doesnt, simple as.

You need to consider alot of things though,

Can you register as business and pay your staff also deduct tax?
Do you have time to run the site?
Do you have the funds?
Will it be shoutcast?

Alot of questions to be asked... I would balance the good points and bad points...

Lew.

Those 2 bolded questions aren't really questions which are essential considerments.
A lot of people will work on a freelance or voluntary basis, most likely design & coded which Tenatious has displayed to do himself.

Shoutcast, it's inevitable it will be a shoutcast radio online as he's not going to get a frequency haha.

The main values needed for a site like this is funding & commitment.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!