PDA

View Full Version : Volume

Tomm
10-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey,

For the life of me I can't figure out how to increase the volume any more. I'm using headphones connected to the audio out on the mobo as the front panel connectors have crap quality due to the internal cable not being long enough and it stretched around the graphics card causing extreme electrical interference.

Here is my current volume in spotify and the volume control in windows:

http://www.tom-pryor.co.uk/dump/volume.png

As you can see both are maxed out (The application, Spotify, is also maxed out in the mixer before you mention it :P) and while its far from quiet I want more volume!!!! :D

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom

The Professor
10-03-2010, 10:22 PM
I take it the volume **** (lol filter) on your speakers is max too? Have you plugged them into anything else to see if they actually go any louder?

Tomm
10-03-2010, 10:24 PM
I'm using headphones so there is no volume control. I can plug the headphones into my AV receiver and get significantly more volume but I don't want to have my receiver on all the time and have a cable streatching across the room :P

I take it the volume **** (lol filter) on your speakers is max too? Have you plugged them into anything else to see if they actually go any louder?

The Professor
10-03-2010, 10:26 PM
Ok if the headphones can go louder it obv isn't a hardware issue. Is it just spotify where the problem is?

Tomm
10-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Nah its all applications, just was using Spotify as an example. The volume is great when plugged into the headphone socket at the front, but the interference is not acceptable. Although if I listen to something sampled at a low volume (e.g bluray) you can barely hear anything :P

The Professor
10-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Have you checked the cabling to the rear jack? It clearly isn't software based either because you can get higher volume from your front jack. Its that rear jack that's the issue, loose wiring will lower the sound volume I've had it in a fair few sets of cheap headphones. Poke around at it, push things in and stuff.

Ooh just thinking on the fly, your motherboards sound doesn't have any wiring! That doesn't sound good :( like i said try wiggling it and try to make that missing connection but it sounds like something's malfunctioning or become dislodged inside that.

N!ck
10-03-2010, 10:39 PM
What headphones are you using? Do they need a headphone amp?

Do other 'phones commected to your computer un the same way go loud enough? Try boosting it the the soundcard drivers/configuration?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!