PDA

View Full Version : [Bobba] I've been hacked - What to do?

Rob-Guy2
11-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Someone (I know who it is) has somehow put a virus onto my PC, and installed a program on it which gets all my info etc, like all my pws, and stuff like that. I scanned with McAfee but didn't find anything, the program runs every time I start my PC, and I can't find the program. Help?

Markeh
11-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Get CCleaner, and using it, take all unnecessary and unfamiliar programs off of startup. if you are unsure about a few of them, google them.

Rob-Guy2
11-03-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks

Jayke
11-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Virus could be FUD, fully undetectable. Meaning not anti virus will actually detect it as being a virus. Shame on you for being stupid and downloading something.

Look for suspicious signs, and post it here. It will either be;

iStealer - Not a RAT so just change all your passwords.

Ardamax - If it is drag the .exe with the virus into notepad and then search "@" and then you can leech the email and password go on it and do what you want.

RAT - It will be spy-net, cybergate or turkojan so just find removers.

Sorted.

Smits
11-03-2010, 05:25 PM
Virus could be FUD, fully undetectable. Meaning not anti virus will actually detect it as being a virus. Shame on you for being stupid and downloading something.

Look for suspicious signs, and post it here. It will either be;

iStealer - Not a RAT so just change all your passwords.

Ardamax - If it is drag the .exe with the virus into notepad and then search "@" and then you can leech the email and password go on it and do what you want.

RAT - It will be spy-net, cybergate or turkojan so just find removers.

Sorted.

Theres more than ardemax out there...

Rob-Guy2
11-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I think he said it was a 'trojent', that has loads of little bugs that attack your PC or something like that, and I don't have the exe file I think

triston220
11-03-2010, 05:30 PM
I think he said it was a 'trojent', that has loads of little bugs that attack your PC or something like that, and I don't have the exe file I think

It will probably be a trojan. You will have the .exe, that is how you are being infected. It might not be .exe, it could be .com. Search for all .com files in your system. Is it someone on this forum?

Rob-Guy2
11-03-2010, 05:32 PM
I dunno, it's Cuzum / noxn

skooledmepls
11-03-2010, 05:34 PM

Trojan?

Like Jayke said, it could be:

a keylogger (logs the keys you press...),
a RAT (can view webcam/desktop, keylog you and basically do anything to you or your computer),
iStealer (steals all saved passwords)

If the program he's put on your PC if runtime & scantime FUD (fully undetectable) then you will need packet sniffing software to find outgoing connections (may need to ask around to find one) - this should find it, and in future run all programs that you have never seen before in sanboxie, this is where if there is a trojan in the file, it won't infect you. Even if the program does work, it doesn't mean there won't be a virus in it. So use sanboxie for most things you do. You can search it on google and download it, then when you want to open a file, right click it and click 'open in sandboxie' if it doesn't open then it hasn't been binded with something (combined with another file) and is a virus.

Hope I helped :),
Nentus

Jayke
11-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Trojan?

Like Jayke said, it could be:

a keylogger (logs the keys you press...),
a RAT (can view webcam/desktop, keylog you and basically do anything to you or your computer),
iStealer (steals all saved passwords)

If the program he's put on your PC if runtime & scantime FUD (fully undetectable) then you will need packet sniffing software to find outgoing connections (may need to ask around to find one) - this should find it, and in future run all programs that you have never seen before in sanboxie, this is where if there is a trojan in the file, it won't infect you. Even if the program does work, it doesn't mean there won't be a virus in it. So use sanboxie for most things you do. You can search it on google and download it, then when you want to open a file, right click it and click 'open in sandboxie' if it doesn't open then it hasn't been binded with something (combined with another file) and is a virus.

Hope I helped :),
Nentus

Pretty Much..

Jack.Lfc
11-03-2010, 10:52 PM
Lol, why would he tell you what it is, that would make it easily removable.

What are you using vista or xp or 7?

OhLiam
11-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Stop. Drop and Roll.

Rob-Guy2
12-03-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm using XP

triston220
12-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Just re-install

Rob-Guy2
12-03-2010, 08:43 PM
Re-install what?

Sharon
12-03-2010, 08:55 PM
Your computer mate.

May I ask how you got the virus (Email, MSN Accepted a program etc.?)

Rob-Guy2
12-03-2010, 08:59 PM
Ah I had a dodgy download, or it might have been downloaded from an email, I got some emails from random people recently

Sharon
12-03-2010, 09:51 PM
Why open them... You can't be sure this virus is off this person then if you don't know for sure how you even got it.. nice to blame people ... Blame yourself for downloading?

Bit of a **** to open emails.

Rob-Guy2
12-03-2010, 10:01 PM
Jebus christ, I downloaded something and now I get someone moaning at me for it?

triston220
12-03-2010, 10:04 PM
I meant reinstall you operating system

Rob-Guy2
13-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Oh... I might just reboot. Even tho I'd have to re-download loads of stuff.

Gibs960
13-03-2010, 07:45 PM
:S I'm confused how you lot know so much about hacking.

triston220
13-03-2010, 07:52 PM
:S I'm confused how you lot know so much about hacking.

Other forums.

Rob-Guy2
13-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Hmmm... other forums.... :P

triston220
13-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Hmmm... other forums.... :P

Yeh :P

Rob-Guy2
13-03-2010, 08:41 PM
OR IS IT? Yeah cool :P

Rob-Guy2
14-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Never mind now, I deleted it.

TheLulFace
15-03-2010, 08:24 AM
HAHAHAHAhHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH LOL ALL YOUR MONEY GONE!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!