PDA

View Full Version : [R.U.S.E] Ubisoft - The worst of the elite game producers?

Firehorse
11-03-2010, 07:13 PM
Just so many things which have been getting on my nerves with Ubisoft. The majority of their games are poor quality, as I found out when I purchased all the ghost recon games for £5 on a steam offer to be heavily dissapointed. I thought that it might just be my pc wasn't up to the job of making the game feel the way its supposed to so I tried the ps3 demo and was even more shocked.

The DRM thing is another blunder which they didn't think twice about but everyone already knows that one.

It seems they're very bad at getting multiplayer right on most of their games - ghost recon games and more lately the R.U.S.E beta.

The R.U.S.E beta:
Yes ofcourse its still in beta but it is beyond me how Ubisoft managed to miss the most fundamental flaws in its game during the alpha testing period or earlier than that. When joining a team game there is almost always a person who can't load it or goes for a coffee break. When this happens you cannot play the game once someone has paused on either team, nor can you even leave the game. They've tried to be clever and use the Surrender button as the same as the Quit button so you need to surrender before you quit. But if someone else has paused you can't surrender or quit back to the menu, which means that you need to crash the game and load it up again before being able to play again. Even worse is for some stupid reason the option to use the Alt+F4 shortcut out of the game has been disabled, meaning you need to launch the task manager ontop of that.

That is to only name a few problems with one of their games.

In the winter of 2008 I purchased Shaun White snowboarding with great anticipation because it was getting good word of mouth and the trailer for it looked awsome - all hope for that game dissapeared as soon as I launched it. Graphics were nothing great and had not been optimised for performance whatsoever. The multiplayer as usual was pathetic even though the main selling point for the game was "Board with Friends".

I added a poll to this thread to get a view of what other members of the forum think about Ubisoft. Please answer depending on your personal experience with the majority of their games and not on any particular one.

dbgtz
11-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I only like assassins creed from them.

Firehorse
11-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I only like assassins creed from them.

Thats about the only decent game I can think of which they made

Black_Apalachi
12-03-2010, 12:19 AM
Rayman was good :(

ItsDave
12-03-2010, 01:58 AM
Assassins Creed II

Just looked at a big list of games they made, none stood out really.

samsaBEAR
13-03-2010, 02:13 AM
didnt ubisoft do prince of persia? the newer one is alright, wasn't a fan of the original series though.

dbgtz
13-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Yer they do, I hate the new one (assuming were talking about the new one titled "prince of persia"), too american and cartoony. I'm quite surprised they havn't gone from the recession tbh.

today
15-03-2010, 05:19 AM
the old ones on ps were fit

Jam
17-03-2010, 03:57 PM
Assassin's Creed, Splinter Cell & Rayman, rest is churned crap.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!