PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy 13

PaulMacC
12-03-2010, 11:51 PM
Anyone pick it up.
I've got it on PS3, loving the Battle System.

dbgtz
13-03-2010, 10:20 AM
Oddly I bought it, was this or bioshock and I got MAG recently so didn't need an fps. It's not bad considering I'm not fanatic about rpgs. Now I just need to sign myself up to that enix member thing.

samsaBEAR
13-03-2010, 02:43 PM
i had a very odd dream that i was playing it last night, which is weird because i havent seen any gameplay of it whatsoever. i havent really played a FF game since like FF8, so i might give this a go when it comes down in price a bit

Angel-Light
13-03-2010, 02:56 PM
I'm enjoying it so far (Xbox version). Have not been able to play it as much due to Uni work and being too tired. Vanille and the baby chocobo are my fav characters :D

HotelUser
13-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I've always wanted to get into these games, I just never got around to it. Plus, I wouldn't know which one to play first.

samsaBEAR
13-03-2010, 03:44 PM
it doesnt really matter in terms of order. they're all different games (with the exception of FF10 and it's kind of sequel, 10-2) but set in the same universe.
a lot of people take FF7 to be the best, but i think FF8 is far superior

Angel-Light
13-03-2010, 09:20 PM
I would probs suggest either 9 or 10 as a starting FF. Either that or go for the more earlier editions which have been released on DS.

Each game has different game styles but the basis of the story is the lead character tries to save the world from doom and gloom from the big baddie :P

Southe,
13-03-2010, 09:41 PM
Got it on the ps3, just went to tescos on the launch day and got my copy at midnight. tbh havent played it past couple of days but im on the 5th chapter? if that what there called.

i really hate Hope. annoys me.

samsaBEAR
13-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I would probs suggest either 9 or 10 as a starting FF. Either that or go for the more earlier editions which have been released on DS.

Each game has different game styles but the basis of the story is the lead character tries to save the world from doom and gloom from the big baddie :P

I've played a few of the remakes on DS and idk, I didn't think it was the same thing. I would recommend downloading an emulator and getting the roms from a website.

PaulMacC
14-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Got it on the ps3, just went to tescos on the launch day and got my copy at midnight. tbh havent played it past couple of days but im on the 5th chapter? if that what there called.

i really hate Hope. annoys me.
Hope is a beast of a Black Mage when you rank up his Ravager. I have x2 Magician Mark's equipped on him, both Level 4. He destroys anything w/ Lightning on the Slash and Burn combo.
I'm on Chapter 7, apparently the last 3 chapters are insanely long.
I've been no-lifing this game this weekend, I've got 12 hours clocked in but apparently w/ all the side quests you can hit up to 50 hours.

PaulMacC
14-03-2010, 01:20 PM
Even though Uematsu didnt do the score, I'm still loving it.
The boss theme is epic especially at 0:40 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jU-GfmEftU4

Sam
14-03-2010, 10:34 PM
Just hit 11 hours gameplay and im about to start Chapter 7. Spending alot of my time trying to sort Weapon Upgrades and stuff at the moment. Enjoying it so far though the battles are starting to get a little tedious.

Blinger1
15-03-2010, 12:35 AM
http://www.cdwow.com/games/final-fantasy-xiii-playstation-3/dp/6416865#bc=fc96
http://www.cdwow.com/games/final-fantasy-xiii-xbox-360/dp/4763289#bc=fc96

36 pounds but today only IIRC... :)

Black_Apalachi
15-03-2010, 01:46 AM
I've always wanted to get into these games, I just never got around to it. Plus, I wouldn't know which one to play first.

Exactly the same! I'm considering getting this new one though when I get some money, but I've built up a little list of games I want now so this wouldn't be an essential purchase really.

PaulMacC
15-03-2010, 02:06 AM
18 hours into it, Chapter 9.
Starting to grind for gil and xp.

Angel-Light
15-03-2010, 02:34 AM
Just out of interest what does everyone who has the game think of the relationships between some of the characters?

One of the characters looks way too young to be in a relationship in my opinon :P

(Just started onto disc 2, start of chapter 5 :D)

samsaBEAR
15-03-2010, 02:55 PM
aha, i love the way you say disk 2. like im not trying to bash the ps3 or 360, but changing discs is so nostalgic. i remember on FF8 when you beat Eden and it's like CHANGE TO DISK 2, i felt i had accomplished something :D

Angel-Light
15-03-2010, 03:55 PM
aha, i love the way you say disk 2. like im not trying to bash the ps3 or 360, but changing discs is so nostalgic. i remember on FF8 when you beat Eden and it's like CHANGE TO DISK 2, i felt i had accomplished something :D

I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere when it asks to change discs in comparison to only 1 disc where you may put hours into it but not feeling as if you have moved onwards :P

kk.
15-03-2010, 04:12 PM
I actually feel like I'm getting somewhere when it asks to change discs in comparison to only 1 disc where you may put hours into it but not feeling as if you have moved onwards :P

im not trying to sound too in favour of the PS3, but it sounds like anyone who has a 360 is using this as an excuse and saying that version is better cus it feels like youve made progress. if it was the other way round, you would be saying the ps3 is useless cus you need 3 discs :P

PaulMacC
15-03-2010, 05:02 PM
im not trying to sound too in favour of the PS3, but it sounds like anyone who has a 360 is using this as an excuse and saying that version is better cus it feels like youve made progress. if it was the other way round, you would be saying the ps3 is useless cus you need 3 discs :P
The human eye cant detect the difference within the games. Having played both 360 and PS3 I cant tell the different. You'd probably get more of a Nostalgia feel from the 360 version as all of the PS1 Main FF's were 3-4 discs.

kk.
15-03-2010, 05:27 PM
The human eye cant detect the difference within the games. Having played both 360 and PS3 I cant tell the different. You'd probably get more of a Nostalgia feel from the 360 version as all of the PS1 Main FF's were 3-4 discs.

did i mention anything about graphics?

Angel-Light
15-03-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm not saying Xbox version is better than PS3 because as Paul says above I can't detect any real difference between them. I am really not fussed on which has the better graphics etc because at the end of the day it's a game on which gameplay counts. Would graphics really have counted back in the day of the NES and SNES with original FF? :P

With the whole 3 discs business, does it really matter? Or are people too lazy on having to get up a change a disc every few hours or so and rather have it on one disc? Say the one disc got mucked up and you had to get a replacement. With the 3disc situation I would start the game again to keep me ticking over till I got a replacement through (this happened with Lost Odyssey in my personal experience)

Black_Apalachi
16-03-2010, 02:13 AM

Haha that's awesome :P I never played FF myself, but remember it from one or two other games... Driver 2?! :O

PaulMacC
16-03-2010, 08:00 AM
Anyone looking for some Weapon/Accessories upgrade guides check this: http://rs888.rapidshare.com/files/362991991/Final_Fantasy_XIII.rar
It contains each items path, what it upgrades to, what catalysts to use to make it evolve and other stuff.
Got it from another forum.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!