PDA

View Full Version : Michaael's Alterations

mykal
14-03-2010, 01:16 PM
(Hey, I'm Michaael from Habbo AU - Just thought I would show some of my alterations because I'm bored. Hope you like them.)
http://i46.tinypic.com/29bnkes.png
(Christmas 2009)

http://i46.tinypic.com/1ibxnk.gif
(Twilight New Moon)

http://i49.tinypic.com/n3ul3q.png
(Breast Cancer Awareness)

http://i46.tinypic.com/lic8z.png
(First Enlargement)

http://i49.tinypic.com/2wfifzo.png
(Public Room "Zoomed")

http://i50.tinypic.com/1231fsn.png
(Before & After Habboween Alt Enlargement)

http://i46.tinypic.com/2u94hh3.png
(Homepage "Art Tool" Sticker)

http://i39.tinypic.com/yjotl.gif
(USA 5th Birthday Sticker competition - was free for homepages for a few days)

Moved to Elites by Alkaz ~ Asst General Manager. Good work!

Kieran
14-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Wow. Some of those are fantastic :D

littleitaly
14-03-2010, 04:17 PM
The twilight thing is amazing graphics but the animation really needs improving

Cosmic
14-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Great alts there Michael! I especially like the Great Port enlargement.
Seems like ages since I've spoke to you anywho!

Describe
14-03-2010, 07:05 PM
That's talent!
+REPPPPPPP

Fabienne
15-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Hi Michaael, I'm Tropicalchick from Habbo Au.
Your alts are very amazing ;)

Roxy
15-03-2010, 07:01 AM
All of those are amazing, well done :O

Gibs960
15-03-2010, 08:05 AM
OMG at the New Moon one, but there is one fault with the wolf at the end, it looks like a teddy. But 9.99999999999/10 :) +rep and when he does that in the movie bella is underneath him :)

Blinger1
16-03-2010, 05:15 AM
Hi Michaael, I'm Tropicalchick from Habbo Au.
Your alts are very amazing ;)

[CENTER](Hey, I'm Michaael from Habbo AU - Just thought I would show some of my alterations because I'm bored. Hope you like them.)

WOO MORE AUSTRALIANS!! Lets stick around on here, won't we guys?

And i love the twilight animation and the house.

Black_Apalachi
16-03-2010, 05:54 AM
Bloody hell! Best set of work I've seen in a long time - from a new user as well! Keep up the good work :)

Fabienne
16-03-2010, 06:00 AM

whats your username?

Blinger1
16-03-2010, 06:08 AM
M

but i was Slum and ,o, and a few others. Got banned :(

Amberr
16-03-2010, 06:28 PM
Wow they are actually amazing ;o ur very talented
and OMGGG at the twilight one
I LOVE IT ;D

Rob-Guy2
16-03-2010, 09:34 PM
Freakin' nice alts man!

lTraditional
16-03-2010, 10:44 PM
They are fantastic, to brilliant for me!! +Rep and keep up the good work and i think you would make a good graphics designer.

Smits
16-03-2010, 10:48 PM
great work hope to see more from you. Keep it up!

Perkele
16-03-2010, 11:16 PM
There are some promising works there, although I wouldn't agree with everybody saying "best alts in a long time" - no offence.
Just one advice: Enlargements should usually show more detail than the original image. However, your examples include less detail.

Sharon
18-03-2010, 06:08 PM

pfft blinga x

Their actually amazing all of them :D x

Love the Twilight

Maruix
18-03-2010, 07:19 PM
I like most of them but "First Enlargement" the most! :P

Phil
18-03-2010, 08:56 PM
Ireally like these, well done :)

Sharon
19-03-2010, 08:38 PM
There are some promising works there, although I wouldn't agree with everybody saying "best alts in a long time" - no offence.
Just one advice: Enlargements should usually show more detail than the original image. However, your examples include less detail.

Sorry if offended but could you seriously do better. These ARE some of the best in a long time unless you can do better.

Perkele
20-03-2010, 12:16 AM
First of all, you don't have to be better than the person you are criticising, I know many people who aren't great pixelers themselves but have the knowledge to judge other persons' works.

Moreover, whatever I would say now would sound extremely cocky, if you are interested you can still check out my winning SP-entries (http://images.habbohotel.com/c_images/SPWinners/0910a.png, http://images.habbohotel.com/c_images/SPWinners/0907a.gif) and then decide for yourself, I don't want to post all my alts here now. If you are on PJ you may also take a look at my gallery. Hope this doesn't sound now like über-showing-off, I just wanted to proof my point..

In fairness now, I don't think that these alts deserve being in the elite, no offence, over the years here I've seen many others which were way better. Anyway, these are still nice.

Richie
20-03-2010, 01:48 AM
Love them all : ) my fav is the habbo enlargement

Manson
20-03-2010, 01:23 PM
In fairness now, I don't think that these alts deserve being in the elite, no offence, over the years here I've seen many others which were way better. Anyway, these are still nice.

True, sorry but these alts are nothing compared to some work ive seen before on this forum. but it looks like size is wat matters lately (lol sounds so wrong) and not the quility. The artst are allright but not really special, so keep working on adding details and stuff like that, im sure youll make something than that ís worth bein elite.

mykal
22-03-2010, 03:14 AM
Okay, first off, I didn't expect my thread to be moved in the "elite" section, so thanks for that, and thanks for everyones comments towards my alterations so far. (sorry I took a while to comment back, my net has been capped!)

I also only posted some of my alterations, I think they are pretty good in my opinion (I don't care if you disagree) and yeah, you're right, it could be better with more detail but I'm not that obsessed with perfection.

Perkele - Your opinion is your opinion, but with your entrys such as the Stray Pixel ones, on our hotel we don't have a monthly pixel art competition, we only have a few here and there for campaigns etc. That's probably why I haven't gone all out within detail, or if anything, had enough practice or something, otherwise I would.

Oh, and no one is perfect, I don't care if my alts don't match up to the other people who have had their alts moved to the "elites forum" - obviously some people like my alts for what they are - so yeah.

=Lizzy
24-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Fantastic Ur very good.

dbgtz
24-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Mykal it's called general practicing? These are nothing special, the animation is dodgy, the arms on it are dodgy and alot of the lines are muffed and shading is lacking in areas.

Molly.22
24-03-2010, 09:36 PM
They are amazing. They deserve to be in elites! Well done :D

leah
24-03-2010, 09:39 PM
they're really good!

Circadia
25-03-2010, 07:06 PM
i love the twilight one its amazing i see no fault in them :}

marine
27-03-2010, 05:26 PM
Amazing work, I especially like the 'zoomed in' ones. :)

Sameer!
27-03-2010, 07:36 PM
OMG, I LOVE the twilight one!! +rep

Accipiter
05-04-2010, 10:27 AM
K for the first one, the shading is quite terrible, on the ginger bread house the buscuit shading, just looks like the same colour dot scattered around, so 0 effort for that. on the roof the snow has absaloutly no 3d shading what so ever, the bends also seem to be done by the bending line tool on ms paint? :S WHY its the worst tool in the frigging world. The windows, yes they're suppose the look like icing but the black lines make it look like masking tape thats been pulled out within complications, if i were you i'd shade it with lighter shades at the top and remove the black lines, I'd say for the snow you'd need to shade the bottom of it a darker shade of grey and then atleast add some effort in the top bit. The candy seats? :S have obviously just been recoloured and placed there with no effort also, they arn't great but they arn't bad, the shading is on the wrong side for some reason to the light from the roof, that also brings up another thing to no light appreciation because there isn't a dark side on the right hand side of the building, but atleast you tryed something with the door, For the snow scattered around the floor, i believe you've used the thin confetti tool in paint.net after grabbing a certain area from the grey, not the best movie because, it doesn't look like thin lined snow :S. the corner on the side of the building (inwards facing corner) has also had no effort added to it, its a ginger bread house not a cardboard house so add some more edge to it.

Now onto the twilight one, i have to agree you've put alot more effort into this with the moving backgrounds, but when the man changes into the dog, why does he turn fully black with a few lines across his chest :S it kinda ruined the alt for me that you've made one frame that cheap. You should have added some sort of thin fur to it. You've put more effort into this one but you also seem to have lacked interest half way through.

The bear is quite simplistic which is no worries, it kinda does it good rather than having alot of shading, the dithering is nice but there does seem to be a lack of it especially on the feet. I'd say it'd be your best alt out of all these.

Enlargements, for an enlargement you have done pretty well, especially on the hair, but in some cases like the eyes and mouth you've lacked attention to it, now its been enlarged the mouths can have much more detail same for the eyes. the shading on the left hand glove could do with a fix up to.

On the port of habbo the only thing i'd point out that is bad is you could have tryed a bit better with the stairs, they're to wonky & you didn't seem to try for the plants in the water, which still shows a lack of interest in it, the shading here is nice but it does lack in some places, on the rocks you've done a good job, on the floors etc you could have added much more effect.

i don't really want to comment on your habboween one, the shading and detail is quite attrocious in some places, such as the lid the face the chairs pillow and the edge of the table cloth. for the human enlargements you've done much worse than you did on your archer.

For the paint brush, i'd be thinking this must be one of your first alts, so im gunna lay off on to harsh critisism but say the shading on the paint isn't 3d and the brushes look like wood.

the cake you made is nice, the only thing i could comment on is the edge of the plate, its to harsh on the eye and needs smoothing down.

I didn't do this for fun either, i done it because the thread lacks any c+c and is giving you pretty crap comments, if im truthful it doesn't really deserve elites compared to others that are in here, but that isn't my choice to make. Please take all of this in and don't throw it back at me because i'll be pretty pissed if i've just wasted my time trying to improve your alts & eventually your skills.

valentineark
08-04-2010, 04:38 PM
Wow, I love the first one but even though your alts are in the "elite" section there still is room for improvement.
I personally think you should have shaded in the snow light blue or something to give it some sense of dimension, but that is just my opinion ;]

Pebbles-Tiger
09-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Gingerbread house is best I think :D

All are wonderful though

-Undiscovered
12-04-2010, 08:59 PM
These are really good!

Dean
06-05-2010, 03:11 PM
The Twilight one is especially my favourite :)

Fetes
17-06-2010, 02:59 AM
They are all amazing

Samantha$
17-06-2010, 04:48 AM
omg myk! you really are good at alts :) the xmas gingerbread house is my fave, it's adorable.

i'd give constructive criticism if i could but, if i'm honest, i don't have the slightest clue when it comes to alts - they all look amazing to me. wd on elites section x

Volumise
19-06-2010, 10:43 PM
aw some of them are pretty cute
good job

Emotes
24-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Awesome! How'd you do the enlargement? Is there like a tutorial out there?

Sameer!
25-06-2010, 05:19 PM
love the ranging one!!

Camy
26-06-2010, 01:56 AM
they're all awesome, definitely deserve elites.

Andii
30-06-2010, 11:27 PM
wow they realli are amazing :) i love the ginger bread house and the bow and arrow :) amazing :)

Bleeders
04-07-2010, 04:25 AM
I see you have been busy since i've been gone Mykal, good work man.

Santorefish
08-07-2010, 05:59 PM
They are all amazing! Very well done, the animation on the twilight one could be better, but superb work :)

MrBlueSky
12-07-2010, 06:23 PM
Those are excellent!

leer34$
16-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Very Nice! :)

Sarah
16-07-2010, 09:44 PM
The Twilight one is pretty impressive.

JACKTARD
17-07-2010, 08:45 AM
Some of those are really good :D

I wouldn't know where to begin lmao

leer34$
17-07-2010, 12:51 PM
Wow! That's the best work i've ever seen!

Absolutely brilliant Alts! Keep up the fabulous work! :)

+rep

Matthew
17-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Not sure if I've posted here, but you're very talented. I love them all :)

Qwertox
18-07-2010, 03:53 PM
there good congrats

Edited by Transcripts (Forum Moderator): Please give constructive criticism, thanks.

Mr-Trainor
19-07-2010, 05:14 PM
I really like all of them and all are great alterations. If I had to choose a favourite, it'd be the house or the paint brush :)

Aidobmac
24-07-2010, 04:20 AM
That twilight one is awesome!!!

syko2006
27-07-2010, 03:51 PM
Dude, they are amazing! I really like the second enlargment, must have taken you AGES!

Well done! :D

StripedTiger
28-07-2010, 09:14 AM
hehe the new moon one made me laugh :P i just watched eclipse yesterday :)
your enlargements are good but my favourite is definitely the ginger bread house x

Storking
28-07-2010, 01:02 PM
oh my god they are fabulous

Sly
28-07-2010, 08:11 PM
wow this is what they class as 'elite' these days

:DBeth:D
03-08-2010, 11:49 AM
WOW! there all amazing only thing I would say is improve on your animation - saying that I cant do either so well done :)

+ rep

Dandelion
03-08-2010, 10:56 PM
The Twilight one is brill! I really like it :D wish I could do stuff like that. ;D
+rep

Jamiie
04-08-2010, 01:04 AM
All Brilliant Fave one has gotta be Christmas 09 One
How long did that take you
Well done +REP

Nemo
05-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Aha lovely! The candy cane looks so detailed

Fragma
24-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Some interesting work there.

I've never tried pixel art before. I may have to give it a shot.

Ellz
26-03-2011, 08:40 AM
the new moon one is really cool!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!