PDA

View Full Version : T&Cs

Tomm
14-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Hey,

I've just taken a look at the T&Cs and found the following clause:

"We can (WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE) edit, close/lock, move, duplicated or publish any of your posted content because as soon as it is posted, you are the author of the content, but it becomes property of Habbox UK Forum."

This could have some serious, intended or not, repercussions for people posting their own work on the forum (e.g alterations, photographs, website designs, other graphics work, etc.) as effectively you are claiming the right to do as you please over the content as soon as it is posted on the forum without having to obtain express permission from the author and copyright holder.

Can we get some clarification on the issue and perhaps make the T&C more clear if this is not the intended use of the clause?

Thanks,

Tom

marriott0.01
14-03-2010, 10:32 PM
As far as I know, generally any forum you post on has the same T&C's. That it becomes property of the company who owns that forum.

Hecktix
14-03-2010, 10:38 PM
I think the original purpose of this is a Habbo thing, as they make fansites make users aware that if people post their own work on Habbox Forum it can be used by Habbox, or more importantly Habbo. I think this was mainly in reference to Habbo alterations.

I think it's pretty clear that if anything is posted on Habbox Forum it is there forever (unless the links to your images are disabled, you can do this yourself of course if you can administrate your image host) therefore I think Habbox Forum has the right to claim ownership to the threads posted, obviously we would not use any images/work posted on Habbox Forum for inappropriate purposes (not that we really use any of it anyway).

I think if you wanted to protect your work against this clause, the use of a watermark would be highly reccommended.

The Professor
14-03-2010, 11:06 PM
If its on the internet its probably going to be stolen at some point anyway if it's any good. If it isn't any good you don't have to worry!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!