PDA

View Full Version : Different Palm Trees

ThomThom
16-03-2010, 06:19 AM
http://i39.tinypic.com/amsbjk.png

So I was given a bunch of palm trees by a friend, and I noticed that one was different, then all the others.

Only 1.

It says something different in the description (Alive with summer vibes), the tree trunk is also a bit different, and you cannot change the base of it, like the regular ones found in the catalog.

I was wondering what people know about this
and possibly the value on it, thanks!

Oh, and they also appear as two different items in my hand. ~

Black_Apalachi
16-03-2010, 06:22 AM
It'll just be from two separate releases of the item - Summer furni and Habbowood by the looks of it. It often happens when things are released for more than one occasion. The main detail is whether or not they act as the same thing or not... when in your inventory or in a trade box, do they group together or stay separate?

ThomThom
16-03-2010, 06:25 AM
they stay separate.

Black_Apalachi
16-03-2010, 06:28 AM
In that case they are technically two different items. I'm pretty out of touch with releases and stuff these days but I'm guessing both have been released extensively at low prices in the catalogue so they won't be worth much. But still, I'd ask one of the trade experts for more details. :)

ThomThom
16-03-2010, 06:34 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/2gy3g3k.png

and you can't sell the different one in the marketplace. So, i'm not sure.

Black_Apalachi
16-03-2010, 06:38 AM
Your best bet is to ask -:Undertaker:- or Mr-Trainor :)

-:Undertaker:-
16-03-2010, 04:30 PM
This is very strange, although yes they are two different pieces of furniture as you can see that the trunks are different. I cant see them being worth much at all, although its interesting all the same. They could technically be super if they were released by mistake or were given out although it would be very hard to find this out. The Bling Fridge is a similar example because while both are identical, both have slightly different features (the drinks they give out) to eachother - just like this Palm Tree seems to have.

If you could find out whether it can be classed as a super rare then i'd be happy to add it for you if you can vertify it properly, although it'll require some deep digging.

Sharon
16-03-2010, 05:22 PM
Thats so weird :) if I needed to buy one I'd be so confused >:}

ThomThom
17-03-2010, 11:33 AM
I could go and look around and ask everyone, scout the most popular rooms, but most people are so oblivious to the acute differences that make these sorts of items different, and do we know that these aren't summer furni? I've heard that its just a summer fruni. And I can dig, but I've brought this upfront, so that the Rare Valuers could assist me, and not just tell me to do their job.

Mr-Trainor
17-03-2010, 06:44 PM
As far as I know (may not be correct)
They are both worth as much as each other and have both been released on seperate occasions, where they would have wanted them to have a different description, meaning they'd have to re-create the same item again. However, I am not sure as to why one doesn't let you change the pot/base.

-:Undertaker:-
17-03-2010, 11:12 PM
I could go and look around and ask everyone, scout the most popular rooms, but most people are so oblivious to the acute differences that make these sorts of items different, and do we know that these aren't summer furni? I've heard that its just a summer fruni. And I can dig, but I've brought this upfront, so that the Rare Valuers could assist me, and not just tell me to do their job.

You have the item and probably know more on it than we do as I presume you bought these items. I agree with Luke though, they are probably worthless as the chances are they have both been released.

Ajthedragon
18-03-2010, 07:47 AM
I expect they'll be worth the same, they've both been released I guess.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!