PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - Paypal claim.

today
16-03-2010, 02:32 PM
The Story:

I sold a game on ebay, with the two options for P&P
1st Class Recorded and 2nd Class.

The buyer picked 2nd class so my mum sent the item off via the local post office (which we still have the receipt) however the idiot has done a paypal claim and hes been refunded the full amount saying the item's not arrived. But I've got proof it was posted and he picked 2nd class without recorded delivery.

Is there any way I can get out of this and get my money back?

Titch
16-03-2010, 02:47 PM
ring paypal asap, they will ask you to fax a copy of reciept and issue a full refund straight away of receiving this, this happened to me last week :)

today
16-03-2010, 02:50 PM
I dont have fax though.

Titch
16-03-2010, 02:53 PM
theyll probs ask you to post it to there uk offices then.

today
16-03-2010, 02:55 PM
Cheers, I've sent them a email explaining the problem.

******* buyer. ergh. he opened a claim the same day he bought the sodding thing as well :@

Catzsy
16-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Cheers, I've sent them a email explaining the problem.

******* buyer. ergh. he opened a claim the same day he bought the sodding thing as well :@

You can C&P a copy of the recorded post slip and you need to go on the Royal Mail Website and put the tracking number in to get proof of delivery from Royal Mail. Print Screen and C&P that to paypal as well. At the moment the money has been taken out of your account pending a resolution I would think. You can also point out that he entered the claim the day he bought so it certainly brings into question his credibility as a genuine buyer as you had no opportunity to deliver the goods to him.

Sharon
16-03-2010, 05:13 PM
omg @ these gay *****.

Yeah what Catzsy said is good try that :)

AlexOC
16-03-2010, 06:57 PM
I sent a game recorded delivery and the person said they didn't recieve it and started telling me they wanted their money back asap or they would take action. I went onto the website with my post reference id and saw it had been recieved and a picture of their signature that they did on them crappy electronic things. I made a fake form saying that it was a 'claim form' i picked up from paypal, it had name, issue and signature on, i said send it me and i will upload it to paypal. They filled it out, scanned it and emailed it to me. The signature for the package and for the form were identical. Busted!!!! ;)

Anyway 2 days later went on their ebay profile to send them a message pretty much saying 'BUTTSLAMMED OWNEEDDD YYH!!' and they had been deleted with about 10 feedbacks saying they were a scammer. :( Gutted wanted to tell them how i conned them back into giving me their sig.

Moral of the story, think fast, be aware!

today
16-03-2010, 07:15 PM
You can C&P a copy of the recorded post slip and you need to go on the Royal Mail Website and put the tracking number in to get proof of delivery from Royal Mail. Print Screen and C&P that to paypal as well. At the moment the money has been taken out of your account pending a resolution I would think. You can also point out that he entered the claim the day he bought so it certainly brings into question his credibility as a genuine buyer as you had no opportunity to deliver the goods to him.

It weren't sent as recorded delivery though.

I sent a game recorded delivery and the person said they didn't recieve it and started telling me they wanted their money back asap or they would take action. I went onto the website with my post reference id and saw it had been recieved and a picture of their signature that they did on them crappy electronic things. I made a fake form saying that it was a 'claim form' i picked up from paypal, it had name, issue and signature on, i said send it me and i will upload it to paypal. They filled it out, scanned it and emailed it to me. The signature for the package and for the form were identical. Busted!!!! ;)

Anyway 2 days later went on their ebay profile to send them a message pretty much saying 'BUTTSLAMMED OWNEEDDD YYH!!' and they had been deleted with about 10 feedbacks saying they were a scammer. :( Gutted wanted to tell them how i conned them back into giving me their sig.

Moral of the story, think fast, be aware!
lol nice one :L

Catzsy
16-03-2010, 08:08 PM
It weren't sent as recorded delivery though.

lol nice one :L

Have you got a proof of postage slip and also stress the fact that the buyer wasn't genuine as he made a claim the day he bought it and so it would not have been possible for him to receive the item. For future reference I would always do recorded be it 1st or 2nd class. =]

today
16-03-2010, 08:21 PM
Have you got a proof of postage slip and also stress the fact that the buyer wasn't genuine as he made a claim the day he bought it and so it would not have been possible for him to receive the item. For future reference I would always do recorded be it 1st or 2nd class. =]
Well, i do personally but my mum thought she would be helpful and do it bless her. And yeah i've still got the slip to prove it was sent on 'x' date to 'x' post code.

Catzsy
16-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Well, i do personally but my mum thought she would be helpful and do it bless her. And yeah i've still got the slip to prove it was sent on 'x' date to 'x' post code.

Okay well C&P that saying that the parcel has not been returned by the post office even though you put a return address on it and state that the buyer's claim is not genuine as it was made on the date of purchase, which is totally unacceptable and shows his intention not to pay at all and also because he did not give you any opportunity of posting the parcel. The buyer basically is just trying to obtain goods by fraud and deception.

N!ck
16-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I always send recorded delivery when selling on eBay just to cover myself if this happens.

You should be ok though as you have the slip from the post office. Does it have some sort of reference number/receipt number on it?

today
16-03-2010, 09:59 PM
It has numbers and crap on yeah.

& I always send recorded too but my mum didnt have a clue :(

I always send recorded delivery when selling on eBay just to cover myself if this happens.

You should be ok though as you have the slip from the post office. Does it have some sort of reference number/receipt number on it?

jrh2002
16-03-2010, 11:15 PM
Even if you prove to Paypal you sent the game as it was not recorded there is no proof it was delivered and the buyer always wins (more than likely got to them but ebay is full of scammers)

What you will have to do is get a Royal Mail lost mail claim form from your post office or even download it and then make a claim directly from Royal Mail. You can only make a claim 15 working days after the date of posting (Ebay buyer should also give it that long to arrive if you explain it was sent on time and Royal Mail are crap)

You have to send the original reciept in to Royal Mail with the claim form fully filled in so make sure you take a copy of it just incase they lose your claim as well as the game.

You will NOT get the postage costs back of the lost item but will get the value of the game back up to I think £37/£38? You need to give the ebay auction ID and copy of the paypal transaction etc so cant claim what it would be worth as a used game from a shop.

To be honest if the game was sold for say £5 or under then it maybe best to put it down to experience and forget it as Royal Mail and their T&C's are far from customer friendly and full of escape routes for them to get out of paying.

Good Luck

Black_Apalachi
19-03-2010, 01:07 PM
This happened to me over furni and I won the money back after they were refunded first, so you will easily win the dispute. The government should concentrate on getting idiots like that off the internet rather than worrying about what we're downloading.

Catzsy
19-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Even if you prove to Paypal you sent the game as it was not recorded there is no proof it was delivered and the buyer always wins (more than likely got to them but ebay is full of scammers)

What you will have to do is get a Royal Mail lost mail claim form from your post office or even download it and then make a claim directly from Royal Mail. You can only make a claim 15 working days after the date of posting (Ebay buyer should also give it that long to arrive if you explain it was sent on time and Royal Mail are crap)

You have to send the original reciept in to Royal Mail with the claim form fully filled in so make sure you take a copy of it just incase they lose your claim as well as the game.

You will NOT get the postage costs back of the lost item but will get the value of the game back up to I think £37/£38? You need to give the ebay auction ID and copy of the paypal transaction etc so cant claim what it would be worth as a used game from a shop.

To be honest if the game was sold for say £5 or under then it maybe best to put it down to experience and forget it as Royal Mail and their T&C's are far from customer friendly and full of escape routes for them to get out of paying.

Good Luck

Royal mail will only compensate with a book of stamps on RD unless you pay extra for insurance. I feel you have a good claim here if you go on the fact that he was not a genuine buyer but set out to scam from the start as exampled by the fact he claimed it back the day he bought it and it would have been impossible to deliver it in that time.

jrh2002
20-03-2010, 01:58 PM
Did he open the dispute as soon as he had paid for the item? if it was posted a day or so later then theres not much you can do.

Paypal seller protection only covers you if you have PROOF OF DELIVERY and NOT proof of postage. So unless the buyer says it has turned up there is NOTHING that can be done except make a claim from Royal Mail.

I post out up to 500 items a week sold through my own website and about 30% of those are paid using paypal so know what I am going on about................

Catzsy
20-03-2010, 02:01 PM
Did he open the dispute as soon as he had paid for the item? if it was posted a day or so later then theres not much you can do.

Paypal seller protection only covers you if you have PROOF OF DELIVERY and NOT proof of postage. So unless the buyer says it has turned up there is NOTHING that can be done except make a claim from Royal Mail.

I post out up to 500 items a week sold through my own website and about 30% of those are paid using paypal so know what I am going on about................

Yes you are right about the proof of postage but if you read the thread the guy claimed the money back the day he bought it. Sounds like a scammer to me and not a genuine buyer so he can appeal on those grounds.

jrh2002
20-03-2010, 02:25 PM
Clearly is a scammer but the claim takes 10 days to go through if there was no action by the seller so he was not instantly awarded the refund as soon as he claimed. I am sure TODAY was involved in the claim and explained all this to paypal only to be ignored like 99% of the sellers. Paypal are terrible when it comes to sellers rights and have a few horror stories of my own with them. Be nice to see paypal do a U-turn but a very very rare thing to do. They will advise to report to the police (Who dont do anything on small amounts even with solid evidence) or take the buyer to small claims court and with no proof of delivery would be a waste of time and money. Royal mail claim only 1% of their mail "gets lost" (thieving postmen) but regarding Ebay sales their is almost 10% that "gets lost" (Thieving buyers and postmen). So if you cant afford to lose an item then make sure its recorded :) well worth it for 75p on top of the 1st or 2nd class price.

Firehorse
22-03-2010, 09:33 PM
well you do have his address, which is stupid of him lol

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!