PDA

View Full Version : To all you lefties!

Hiro
16-03-2010, 04:56 PM
http://www2.razerzone.com/lefthandftw/

http://www2.razerzone.com/lefthandftw/images/image3_02.jpg

AgnesIO
16-03-2010, 05:06 PM
Shame many desks are made with a mouse bit of it's own - so you have two slidy things. Kinda uins the whole point - unless you game with crossed arms? :D

Good idea, but no need imo

iJoe
16-03-2010, 05:11 PM
most left handed things are a joke lol, there's really noo need to have things like left handed scissors etc, I've never bought a left handed anything never will :P The mouse we have for the desktop is for left / right hand use :P No need for specially designing for left / right

Hiro
16-03-2010, 05:12 PM
Shame many desks are made with a mouse bit of it's own - so you have two slidy things. Kinda uins the whole point - unless you game with crossed arms? :D

Good idea, but no need imo

True, but many left-hand gamers I know don't have the sliding desks thing. Just regular desks, mousepad and ergonomic mice.

most left handed things are a joke lol, there's really noo need to have things like left handed scissors etc, I've never bought a left handed anything never will :P The mouse we have for the desktop is for left / right hand use :P No need for specially designing for left / right

I agree, in some cases. But with ergonomic mice, it's hard to have extra buttons on it for different binds, which most gamers use (e.g. for enabling mic ingame and on something like ventrilo). So for the most part, as an avid PC gamer, I support left-handed mice, especially from Razer.

iJoe
16-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I suppose it is a big deal for gamers so it's a good idea I suppose unlike most things :P

I do most things "normally" though just write (and for some reason drink) with my left haha

AgnesIO
16-03-2010, 05:24 PM
If the gamer uses ergonomic mice then yeh totally agree with it - afterall i have just tried, and using left hand on a ergonomic mouse is ******* hard.

Tomm
16-03-2010, 05:26 PM
I'm left handed but I currently, and always have, used a right handed mouse in my right hand so no problem here :D

Coheed&Cambria
16-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I support whatever Razer comes up with, and I have a Deathadder myself and know how damn good they are so these are great for lefties =D

xxMATTGxx
16-03-2010, 10:49 PM
I'm yet to still meet a person who is left handed and uses a mouse on the left hand side. I'm left handed and always have used my right. Good idea but not sure how well it will sell tbh.

Hiro
17-03-2010, 12:35 PM
I'm yet to still meet a person who is left handed and uses a mouse on the left hand side. I'm left handed and always have used my right. Good idea but not sure how well it will sell tbh.

I'll introduce you to my friend :P haha

FlyingJesus
17-03-2010, 01:04 PM

iya x

http://www2.razerzone.com/lefthandftw/

http://www2.razerzone.com/lefthandftw/images/image3_02.jpg

Unless they've switched the buttons around (which would be confusing anyway having grown up with a normal mouse) I don't see what the benefit of this is over a straight mouse like most are now. The buttons on the side I can't confess to knowing the properties of because I've never had one with them, but because of how being left-handed makes you hold the mouse having them on the inside would probably be more trouble than the outside - it may just be me but my ring finger is longer and more dextrous than my thumb by a long way.

tbh I've found being left-handed has forced me to be better with both hands (in all departments ;)), people at work think I'm ambidextrous because of my immense skills and good looks except good looks have nothing to do with being ambidextrous I just thought I'd slip that in

GommeInc
17-03-2010, 01:41 PM
Is it really that impressive? The Razer mouse I have is made to be both left-handed and right-handed - both sides have 4 buttons which can be configured for a specific purpose. I can't think of the word, but each side is the same as the other (like when you look at a circle and put a line down the middle and both semi-circles are eactly the same in appearance. It's form doesn't slant off in either direction to make it comfortable for a specific type of handed person. It seems odd to make this sort of thing, when the problem is and has been avoided for a long time :P

N!ck
17-03-2010, 02:29 PM
iya x

Unless they've switched the buttons around (which would be confusing anyway having grown up with a normal mouse) I don't see what the benefit of this is over a straight mouse like most are now. The buttons on the side I can't confess to knowing the properties of because I've never had one with them, but because of how being left-handed makes you hold the mouse having them on the inside would probably be more trouble than the outside - it may just be me but my ring finger is longer and more dextrous than my thumb by a long way.

tbh I've found being left-handed has forced me to be better with both hands (in all departments ;)), people at work think I'm ambidextrous because of my immense skills and good looks except good looks have nothing to do with being ambidextrous I just thought I'd slip that in

The buttons are operated by your thumb. It's surprisingly useful and intuitive having them actually for browsing "back and forward" between pages rather than having to click in the top left of the screen

Is it really that impressive? The Razer mouse I have is made to be both left-handed and right-handed - both sides have 4 buttons which can be configured for a specific purpose. I can't think of the word, but each side is the same as the other (like when you look at a circle and put a line down the middle and both semi-circles are eactly the same in appearance. It's form doesn't slant off in either direction to make it comfortable for a specific type of handed person. It seems odd to make this sort of thing, when the problem is and has been avoided for a long time :P

Symmetrical? :P

HotelUser
17-03-2010, 03:27 PM

You just get used to it. I'm better with my right hand than left with a mouse now!

Black_Apalachi
19-03-2010, 12:32 PM
iya x

As well as this, I'm sure you can just switch the buttons round under Mouse Settings anyway, which renders this even more pointless.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!