PDA

View Full Version : Lost phone

Smits
17-03-2010, 06:29 PM
Yeah basically i left my phone on the bus and only realised it had fallen out after it had left me.

I've rang the bus depot and theyre going to check but i dont really have much faith, if it turns up great, but i'm thinking as though its gone.

Basically, i'm with orange and was wondering what i could do as i'll be going into the shop tomorrow to get a new phone. Can i keep the same nuber? Will i be able to get anything else transfereD? And will i be ablwe to use my phone fund?

marriott0.01
17-03-2010, 10:13 PM
Yeah basically i left my phone on the bus and only realised it had fallen out after it had left me.

I've rang the bus depot and theyre going to check but i dont really have much faith, if it turns up great, but i'm thinking as though its gone.

Basically, i'm with orange and was wondering what i could do as i'll be going into the shop tomorrow to get a new phone. Can i keep the same nuber? Will i be able to get anything else transfereD? And will i be ablwe to use my phone fund?

I don't know about Orange, but I contacted O2 when I got my phone stolen, and they simply replaced my Sim Card with same number and the Pay&Go tariff, which I was most worried about as the offer had essentially finished, so it may be the same thing with Orange?

Smits
17-03-2010, 10:16 PM
yeah i'm hoping that they can just transfer my balance & number onto a new sim, and i'll be buying a new phone anyway so hoping o use the phone balance i've collected with my old phone.

If they dont theyre losing business because i'll change provider :P

marriott0.01
17-03-2010, 10:19 PM
lols, a lot of people like Orange, but O2's Customer Service is epic......

Smits
17-03-2010, 10:20 PM
I'm not really a huge fan, i just never changed ebcause my phone was locked to orange and i didnt wanna pay. I'll stay with them to keep my number though.

marriott0.01
17-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Hmmm, Orange has better coverage of 3G also, so it may be wise to stay with them lols.

Sunny.
18-03-2010, 06:10 PM
Yes they send you a replacement sim card, as thats what they did when my mum's phone was stolen.

Though you only get your balance, and number along with your phone fund. No messages, contacts etc are saved.
But in relation to your question, yes you just need to ring them up and they will send a replacement sim card out to you.

Swastika
18-03-2010, 09:57 PM
ring up orange ASAP, explain the situation, they will blacklist the phone and sim if its pay as you go.
so now whoever picks up your phone, its no use to them at all. if nobody has found your phone, you will get your credit and number back, but if someone has foiund your phone and hammered the credit, you'll only get whatevers left at the time you phone up.
orange customer support is second to none, realy realy good when i lost my phone, and the staff in-store are just as helpful, well they were to me.

hope you dont lose out too much :D

lazerman
18-03-2010, 10:38 PM
You dont have to be with orange to just have the same number.

You can transfer your number to 02 if you wanted to :).

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!