PDA

View Full Version : Finished the Twilight Saga xD!

RandomManJay
18-03-2010, 06:15 PM
I know they've already been out a while. But my friend dared me to read the first one and I got hooked. I'm quite ashamed of it cause I said quite openly (not on this forum) that I didn't like Stephenie Meyer's vampire representation. But I've read them all and I'm quite happy with it :P. Not sure if I like them though, the third book made me howl with the magnet bit and personally I think the fourth ended slightly anticlimactically (if thats a word). But at least now I can say whether I liked them or not knowing I've actually read them :D!

Misawa
18-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Not only do I despise her for dumbing down vampires, but, to quote Stephen King, Stephanie Meyer can't write worth a damn.

RandomManJay
18-03-2010, 06:24 PM
Not only do I despise her for dumbing down vampires, but, to quote Stephen King, Stephanie Meyer can't write worth a damn.

xD! Some of what she writes is a bit dull, the second one nearly induced depression for me. And I since I love Stephen King, I can't but agree with him :P.

sammy
18-03-2010, 07:46 PM
I love the whole series.

However - i agree a lot of parts really drag on & bored me lots, and Bella always talking about her confused feelings with Edward & Jacob really got on my nerves. And thats strange how you didn't like the second one, that was my favourite & had so much going on i was fully entertained. The first film is such a bore, half of it is just Bella working out what Edward is, and the film for Twilight was rather disappointing too. I loved the film of New Moon though - will be buying the DVD when it's out on Monday!!

Also - the film of Eclipse is out in June/July and you can see the trailer on YouTube. Looks a bit boring to be perfectly honest :)!

RandomManJay
18-03-2010, 08:06 PM
I love the whole series.

However - i agree a lot of parts really drag on & bored me lots, and Bella always talking about her confused feelings with Edward & Jacob really got on my nerves. And thats strange how you didn't like the second one, that was my favourite & had so much going on i was fully entertained. The first film is such a bore, half of it is just Bella working out what Edward is, and the film for Twilight was rather disappointing too. I loved the film of New Moon though - will be buying the DVD when it's out on Monday!!

Also - the film of Eclipse is out in June/July and you can see the trailer on YouTube. Looks a bit boring to be perfectly honest :)!

Yeah the Eclipse trailer looks like a load of bull. There's this girl on YouTube who got really excited over the trailer, like in tears from it :S.

What I got annoyed the most by was when she first became a vampire in the fourth book (SPOILER ALERT xD!) and she kept going on about how little time actually passed when she moved about etc. It's like she was smug about it, and for some reason she kept reminding us of how she's a vampire now >.>. I've been reading Midnight Sun (Edward's version of Twilight) and that's seems a bit more interesting since it's from Edwards perspective.

Edited by Nicola (Forum Moderator): Spoiler added as some members may have not read the whole series yet, so let's not spoil the surprise!

sammy
19-03-2010, 07:56 PM
I've heard of Midnight Sun too - i really wouldn't fancy it, I hate Edward & his perspective would probably really bore me & get on my nerves.

Tbh Alice is my favourite character :|!

Gibs960
19-03-2010, 09:02 PM
:D thanks for spoiling it for me... :P messin' lol I'm reading Breaking Dawn and I was really worried how it describes her being a vampire. I think that she drags on about the less important bits.

RandomManJay
19-03-2010, 09:16 PM
I've heard of Midnight Sun too - i really wouldn't fancy it, I hate Edward & his perspective would probably really bore me & get on my nerves.

Tbh Alice is my favourite character :|!

Yeah, I like Alice as well, but I'm sort of inclined to Aro as my favourite. I just think he's a cold calculated genius. And although he is a bit of an arse and probably lies through his teeth more times then ever, I just like how he puts his front up and acts to perfectly graceful and accepting defeat (if you call it that).

:D thanks for spoiling it for me... :P messin' lol I'm reading Breaking Dawn and I was really worried how it describes her being a vampire. I think that she drags on about the less important bits.

And sorry, lol. You might enjoy it :P.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!