PDA

View Full Version : JukePlayer - Your portable player

Jayke
20-03-2010, 01:57 PM
JukePlayer

Ok so just a breif introduction, JukePlayer is an idea I have had for along time now but I havnt really had time to develop it. Basically I use a simple upload script directing downloads into a certain directory, this directory is controlled by the actual player, so the player allows you to play all .mp3 files in that directory.

There will be a restriction so you can only upload .mp3 files therefore its all music! The full artist and name of the song is required and only UK music is allowed. This is controlled by a report tool.

With various domains and new domains being used each week (mathsisfun, englishhelp) aswell as a panic button it is easily accesable at school, college or sixth form aswell as at home.

The idea that anybody can upload songs means there is no control over the music you listen to, you can simply listen to anything and if you dont like it then just switch the song.

Opinions/Ideas/Views

Cyklops
20-03-2010, 05:42 PM
When I saw the title I thought it said "JakePlayer" :) Good idea, althought MathsIsFun is taken by some stupid Maths site, as I tried to create my game website on it.

If you would like any help, feel free to PM me as I would like to take part in this project!

Jayke
20-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Yeh, that domain was just a trial like.

But I think its a unique idea..

Mickword
20-03-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah I really like it good luck. One thing, have like 3 different domains so that they all link to the same site, and like schools wont block it.

Calvin
20-03-2010, 08:14 PM
I thought of this idea before, never tried it though. One thing thought, wouldn't you have to pay for licensing fees because you're streaming music kinda?

Good luck with it. :)

Jayke
20-03-2010, 08:53 PM
I thought of this idea before, never tried it though. One thing thought, wouldn't you have to pay for licensing fees because you're streaming music kinda?

Good luck with it. :)

Yes but..

- Offshore Hosting.
- Not my uploads.
- Im not responsible, people that listen are.

(:

It wont get big enough for anybody to take interest in prosecuting so untill then ill just not bother thinking about it. Ill be introducing v2 shortly after the first launch, this will have a usersystem basically you have to create an account in order to upload, bigger saftey reasons as I can log who uploads what.

Maybe a chat system and even a forum..

Thanks for the feedback!

Swastika
20-03-2010, 11:23 PM
what do you mean by UK music only?
only UK artists?

Jack!
20-03-2010, 11:42 PM
he means music avalible to the uk. for example on spotify some musis isnt avalible to the UK yet

Jayke
20-03-2010, 11:43 PM
what do you mean by UK music only?
only UK artists?

Sorry dude, I meant english music only!

--

Needing some hosting for the site!

Jayke
21-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Have hosting, v1 will be up in 24 hours.

--

v2 will have a layout, advertisment space, usersystem more features!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!