PDA

View Full Version : Live Action Bleach

Neversoft
22-03-2010, 07:39 PM
It was revealed earlier today that Warner Bros are in the process of securing the movie rights to Bleach. Peter Segal (the director of Anger Management, Get Smart and The Longest Yard) has signed on to produce the film.

Now I have the Bleach manga boxset, which comes with a small leaflet that includes part of an interview with Tite Kubo from the March 2006 issue of Shounen Jump. One of the questions was "What would your dream cast be for a live-action Bleach movie?" and Tite Kubo's respone was as follows.

"If it were possible to do Bleach as a live movie, then I wouldn't have drawn the manga. I want to draw something that can only be done as manga."

Now although he didn't say it directly, I'm kind of sensing that Tite Kubo doesn't want a live action movie of Bleach. So he has either changed his mind or Shueisha have intervened. Either way - why Bleach of all series? I can imagine it would be pretty hard to do and it would have to be seriously Americanized. I guess Warner Bros think they can get a lot of money from the big fanbase. They're also planning to make live action films of Death Note, Ninja Scroll and Akira. Although maybe I shouldn't be surprised. Hollywood seem to be securing rights for all of the popular series while they can, it was only a matter of time before this popped up. I can't say I'm looking forward to the Bleach film, but it will definitely be interesting to see. Lets hope it doesn't turn out to be another Dragonball Evolution.

Also, heres (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-03-22/warner-brothers-in-talks-for-live-action-bleach-film) the source.

LoveToStack
22-03-2010, 09:09 PM
I honestly found myself thinking 'Dragonball Evolution' before even reaching the words within your post. It'll flop if made.

Tenbeta
22-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Fox made DB:Evolution, and Warner Bros have picked this up. WB have come out with excellent flicks so we can have a higher level of hope for Bleach than we did Evolution.

Southe,
22-03-2010, 10:30 PM
It will flop as bad as DBE. no series should be made into a live action unless its like death note and can actually work. your gonna have crappy cgi hollows

PaulMacC
22-03-2010, 10:56 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the Trigun Live Action Movie but not so much this.

Neversoft
23-03-2010, 06:53 PM
I'm actually looking forward to the Trigun Live Action Movie but not so much this.

What? You must have heard wrong. There is going to be no live action Trigun movie. Unless you meant to put Cowboy Bebop. If so, I actually have high hopes for that film seeing as how the creators are involved deeply in the production. I also personally think Keanu Reeves can pull off the look and personality of Spike.

Southe,
23-03-2010, 07:04 PM
bit off topic but all the vids ive seen of coboy bebop ive seen that thing where someone is shot and that song plays.. is that in the series or just someone made up? when i finish champloo gonna watch bebop.

PaulMacC
23-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Gomu Gomu Kamehameha?

Neversoft
23-03-2010, 11:10 PM
bit off topic but all the vids ive seen of coboy bebop ive seen that thing where someone is shot and that song plays.. is that in the series or just someone made up? when i finish champloo gonna watch bebop.

I think I know what you're on about. Is the video like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwL65cvzK0s) with the same song? If so, its a parody of a scene from The O.C (this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saEzQcayEPM)). The song isn't actually used in the anime. Also, if the video you saw was of a person getting shot then you just got MAJORLY SPOILED! I unfortunately saw it before I watched the series as well.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!