PDA

View Full Version : Primark? What shop...

Hitman
23-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Heyyy,

I'm in need of some more clothes and I've got £120 to spend... just wondering where's the best place to go? I wanna try and get as much as I can for £120, obviously, so I was thinking Primark (heard it's cheap, only been to get a vest LOL). Are the jeans/shirts/tshirts any good? What prices are they and what quality? I was looking at like River Island and they're quite expensive... like I could get a couple of pairs of jeans and a couple of tops...

So my main questions are is Primark any good (availability wise), what are the prices for a pair of jeans or a shirt and is it better to buy more cheap stuff from Primark or less stuff of better quality elsewhere?

Thank you and good night.

dirrty
23-03-2010, 09:50 PM
check out topman & asos as atm they both have decent sales. quality is pretty good and prices aren't that expensive.

Special
23-03-2010, 09:57 PM
has probably the best priced clothes on the high street. Their shirts are really good as for T-shirts (Anything from £2 to £10). However, the jeans from Primark are not very good quality. There is a huge price gap between jeans on the high street I have noticed. Jeans in primark cost between £10 - £20, compared to £30/40+ in River island & Topman etc.

To summarise, get t-shirts/shirts & jumpers from Primark (cheap & good quality) & jeans from elsewhere (yes you might be paying a little more, but the quality is there)

it's better to pay £50 for something you will wear 50 times than paying £20 and wearing it once!! :)

Edit: have you considered online shopping? There is normally better offers on there especially for the upper priced range clothes

Alexx..
23-03-2010, 09:57 PM
Primark is a decent shop and the quality is good. Try new look and asos they're quite good :)

Sharon
23-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Bank - Henleys - Republic - Topman all have amazing clothes.
With that money I'd be at Bank..

Primark - Your tops - 3 pounds
- Trousers - a tenner?

Depends what your looking for really as in some outfits to go out in every so often or a whole new wardrobe?

Roxy
23-03-2010, 10:18 PM
Depends how big your primark is but sometimes you'll go to and there'll be loads, other times barely anything. The big stores usually have a nice variety though.

If you're looking for things which will last, I wouldn't bother going there because it just won't - buying some nicer more expensive things elsewhere would be better. If you're looking for things you only want to wear a few times then yeah it's great because you don't end up wasting loads on something you rarely wear, providing there's actually decent things there to buy.

MrGazet
24-03-2010, 12:51 AM
Look up online.They have sales & stuffs,really handy.LOADS of choices :)

lTraditional
24-03-2010, 07:14 AM
I have been their for tops and jeans and they are quite good with the deals, better then other clothes stores anyway but i would say that they were priced to be around £10 and no more then £20 for one pair of jeans and i forgot how much the tops were but they are cheap.

luce
24-03-2010, 07:35 AM
check out topman & asos as atm they both have decent sales. quality is pretty good and prices aren't that expensive.

yeah that's hat i do i buy the brands like superdry jackwills but i get them on sale or outlet normally so you can get quality for low prices. Try mandmdirect.com aswell they have a good outlet for things like that :)! Primark is alright but not the quality you want really. very.co.uk also has a god outlet and some good ranges you see fearne and holly advertising it on TV :)!

Papershop
24-03-2010, 01:03 PM
i used to work on menswear. So i thought id give you a rough price list.

vests - £2
Plain t-shirts - £2
designed tshirts £3-£5
fashion Shirts £8
formal shirts - £3-£12
Basic jeans £4
Bit better jeans £6-£8
fashion jeans £11-£15
combat pants £6-£10
Jumpers £6-£10
joggers £3
fleeces £4-£8
coats £8-£36

pretty much it. Although i would advise not to buy anything with buttons, they tend to fall off!

lTraditional
24-03-2010, 04:58 PM
i used to work on menswear. So i thought id give you a rough price list.

vests - £2
Plain t-shirts - £2
designed tshirts £3-£5
fashion Shirts £8
formal shirts - £3-£12
Basic jeans £4
Bit better jeans £6-£8
fashion jeans £11-£15
combat pants £6-£10
Jumpers £6-£10
joggers £3
fleeces £4-£8
coats £8-£36

pretty much it. Although i would advise not to buy anything with buttons, they tend to fall off!

Very handy and useful and i have tops with buttons and they dont fall off :L

Hitman
24-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Thanks for all of the replies guys, thanks very much.

Papershop, thanks for that rough price list. :D

=Lizzy
24-03-2010, 06:56 PM
I love Primark Very cheap clothing But not always Worth the money. i brought and top and it broke before i wore it.

Andeeh
25-03-2010, 09:04 PM
brought a hoodie from there a couple of weeks ago as didnt wanna spend £20 on same type from h&m. Cost me £6 and its pretty good!

I would reccomend new look as well :) republic is a bit pricey but worth it especially 2 for £50 stuff

AlexOC
25-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Can get a few nice shirts from Burton.

Hitman
25-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Thanks for your replies guys, I'm gonna go and see what's good tomorrow.

Can get a few nice shirts from Burton.

Ah good old Burton, I like Burton... I have some Burton jeans and they're pretty decent... maybe I should just get some good quality stuff.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!