PDA

View Full Version : My computer is broke

jimi
26-03-2010, 01:12 PM
So, I was playing WoW last night when suddenly my graphics went weird and everything went disorted. 2 minutes later I got a Blue screen of death. I try logging back in but my graphics have all gone weird its barely impossible to see stuff. Theres like black weird pattterns all over my computer screen :S

can anyone help please?

Adamm
26-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Try a different monitor, if not then it might the graphics card or motherboard.

Agnostic Bear
26-03-2010, 02:02 PM
So, I was playing WoW last night when suddenly my graphics went weird and everything went disorted. 2 minutes later I got a Blue screen of death. I try logging back in but my graphics have all gone weird its barely impossible to see stuff. Theres like black weird pattterns all over my computer screen :S

can anyone help please?

If you have an nvidia card and didn't rollback your drivers it's likely that your card is now defunct due to overheating.

Recursion
26-03-2010, 02:03 PM
Most likely your GPU is shot.

Hiro
26-03-2010, 03:28 PM
If you have an nvidia card and didn't rollback your drivers it's likely that your card is now defunct due to overheating.

This. And those black patterns are probably graphical artefacts, which is usually an occurance of overheating (which takes us back to the faulty nVidia drivers. I think the faulty drivers are 196.75

Markeh
26-03-2010, 03:49 PM
Do things work fine on on-board graphics if your board has them? If so, the GPU is shot.

The Professor
26-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Yep i agree with everyone else, off to the graphics card shop for you :)

OmgItzDanxD
26-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Haha, wow that sucks..

Flisker
27-03-2010, 01:40 AM
If you were subscribed to NVIDIAs email notifications they sent out email to everyone about the drivers being faulty. Check on overclock.net for a solution, someone must of had the same problem.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!