PDA

View Full Version : Business Money Making

Bradd-Aaron
01-08-2005, 06:33 PM
Heya guys do any of you have a way to get money or a mini business? I have ive got stick insects and when a baby hatches me and my mate geaorge sell them for 1 pounbd we have a stall and we have people reserving them! so what mini businesses or stalls or money makers have you got?

Also I sell pens in the boys loos :P

Georgia
01-08-2005, 06:40 PM
:P Im always thinking of ways to be a bisness person. My mom says Im gonna grow up to be 1 :P
I cant think what I could do. Ive tryed selling lots of playstation games got £19 lol. Wasnt much of a business
I like your idea of the stick insects although my mom wouldnt let me get anymore pets as she always has to clean them. Also I wouldnt have many people to sell them to because most of my friends are girls. Not quite sure on the pen idea though :D
If you have any ideas postt - :P

HolyWar
01-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Basic starting point is find an item that you can buy for a low price that you are quite sure most people would pay more for. Then find a place to sell your item on ebay, trade shows, flea markets and set up shop. Have to experiement a little to find what works.

the wombats
01-08-2005, 06:45 PM
ok i had my own little business in school like three years ago when i was in year eight, well basicly, i took a big bag to school and had it filled with drinks, crisps, chocolate bars, pens etc, and sold them all etc, but i got like a huge black bag full of packets of crisps for a pound each time, my dad worked in the crisp factory

Georgia
01-08-2005, 06:47 PM
I do sell chocolate at school :P Buy Caduburys dairy milk for 20p sell for 50 :P

Also TheUnspoken what sort of things would you sell ?

the wombats
01-08-2005, 06:48 PM
i also got 6 tins of linx for a pound, and sold thm 50p each :D i was the most known person in year 8

Digital
01-08-2005, 06:51 PM
i also got 6 tins of linx for a pound, and sold thm 50p each :D i was the most known person in year 8
Untill u got kiked out :p

Georgia
01-08-2005, 07:02 PM
Lol criageh that was good!

HolyWar
01-08-2005, 07:08 PM
I do sell chocolate at school :P Buy Caduburys dairy milk for 20p sell for 50 :P

Also TheUnspoken what sort of things would you sell ?

You know really for a majority of my short life ;) I have been the type to seek deals and look for profit. I had created a business from buying and selling off ebay and made quite alot of money. When I started I would look for laptops that had bad lisitings and didnt describe much of the laptop, then I would research the model and buy it for much less than it was gonna sell for. Then when I would get it in the post I would make a nice and fancy listing and describe the item fully and make a couple hundred dollars more off each laptop. Looking to find good deals in quantity helps because you get discounts. Just look for items that you know would sell for more then try to get them cheaper based on quanitity. After a few trial runs you can usually find a good product to sell and make a little extra cash at the same time. It's good to get started doing these things when your young because its invaluable experience for the future.

When I was 15 I found a local wholesale factory that had tons of cool things for good prices and I would buy alot to get a better deal. Then on the weekends I would go to the local strip malls and stand in the parking lot "Which got me in trouble ;) " But I was able to make sometimes $2-300 in a single day from just standing in the parking lot yelling to come check out my good deals.

Georgia
01-08-2005, 07:15 PM
^ Laptops! I bet you got quite a bit
Im not really looking to sell big things like that just a few simple things for children and that

Jane
01-08-2005, 07:17 PM
They banned fizzy drinks at my school once, and I was the only one clever enough to buy them BEFORE school. I bought cans for 30p and sold 'em for 60 ;D

HolyWar
01-08-2005, 07:20 PM
When your young you start off small but in the long run it is a very good way to get experience in the buy and sell market. Which is pretty much how the world revolves.

Eamonn
01-08-2005, 07:27 PM
i get free wrigleys extra gum after i won a competition i get 2 big boxes a month and i sell packets at school :P i get about 300 packats of each :D so i get a good few quid out of selling some

Georgia
01-08-2005, 07:29 PM
:o I wanna packet :P

Georgia
02-08-2005, 05:43 PM
Thats a good way actually ;P
I wish I won a competition like that. Im never winning competitions ;(
Ive won 2 in my whole life were you avctually win something good. ( Nooo not sports day where you win a sticker :P)

Clo
02-08-2005, 05:50 PM
I don't make money anymore:pI just get my pocket money. When i was about 6-7years old i made a little car boot outside of my house. With teddies and books and that. And the icecream man bought something. xD

Lindzi
02-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Lol I won something once at a holiday camp but only cause I was the only one there young enough to enter lmao

ross
02-08-2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah.. pocket money \m/

But when I was about 7/8 I made a Lemonade store. Like you see on the cartoons, yeah did that, lmao. Fun.

Eamonn
02-08-2005, 06:11 PM
lmao haha :D

fun.in.da.sun
02-08-2005, 07:19 PM
I dont get poket munny ..i just get stuff call it : endless flow of money by manipulating ur parents

Georgia
03-08-2005, 09:56 AM
Lol ^^ I get pocket money every month but if I do some jobs around the house im getting it every week ;P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!