PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination.

PaulMacC
28-03-2010, 04:23 PM
Does anyone have any tips for overcoming procrastination. I just try to do my work but my mind is on other things :(

iAdam
28-03-2010, 05:29 PM
The way I do it is by closing all distraction, disconnect my internet if I have to.

A major thing for me is a poster I have on my bedroom wall. When I wake up it reminds me that I won't get that bike if I don't do my coursework and stuff, for example.

LoveToStack
28-03-2010, 08:52 PM
Go to a library. Not a school library, a public one. There's usually a reading room if it's a big library where it'll be perfectly quiet. The fact that you've made the journey there motivates you to do the work to make it worth while. Also people working around you will serve as further motivation.
Obviously this is impractical for everyday homework etc, but when it comes to exam revision, going to a library and spending the day there will result in you getting much more work done than you could ever do at home. It's also a plan to bring a friend or someone doing the same course as you so you can have someone to consult if you have questions about something. In that situation pick someone who you know is serious about working though, not someone who'll distract you. Libraries are perfect though and free, so use them.

Catzsy
29-03-2010, 11:51 AM
You need really to find the best time for you to do the work. I find evening is best for me and sometimes even after midnight. Make a list of what you have to do and when it's got to be done by and then tick it off when it's done. This way you are in control of the work and can see how much you have to do. Apart from that do you meet your deadlines although it's a big rush to do them? If so and you get the grades you need then perhaps that's just the way you work. There is only a problem with missed deadlines and inferior grades really. If there is a big back log then it's demoralising which can lead to procrastination which all of us suffer from sometimes.

Wig44.
29-03-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm a procrastinator, my advice is to plan everything ahead. Schedule schedule schedule. It's not that bad, once you're used to getting things done procrastination usually goes away so no need for a schedule.

Soka
30-03-2010, 01:09 AM
i just try to think about where i want to be in the future if i procrastinate, and it makes me work lol

Pyroka
30-03-2010, 01:15 AM
Libraries, classical music and being alone helps me work... I'm the worst procrastinator I know, I'm bad :( hope u get through it

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!