PDA

View Full Version : Account hacked / recovered, need advice.

Jahova
28-03-2010, 05:47 PM
My account was recovered / hacked but now I have got it back after sending in a password reset thing. I just need advice on how to secure my account so it won't get hacked / recovered again. I have set new recoveries, changed password and also changed the email associated with it. Anything else?

Kdwndr8
28-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Make sure there isn't a keylogger on your computer.. then your good. ;)

Jahova
28-03-2010, 06:57 PM
Ok. Anything else. Also, I've just logged in and it seems I am richer than before and I have higher levels. What an idiot this guy is.

Matthew
28-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Ok. Anything else. Also, I've just logged in and it seems I am richer than before and I have higher levels. What an idiot this guy is.
he obviously planned on keeping your account :P

Jahova
28-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Ok, my password was changed again by the "hacker" who obviously has the ability to recover the account probably because they have been on the account for around a month now and have had the chance to put members on the account. I have sent in another password stolen form and I need to try and stop this person from accessing the account. How can I manage this? Anyone else been in the same situation before? Any better way to contact Jagex / RS staff? Regards.

Kdwndr8
29-03-2010, 01:06 AM
your password is either to weak (that they keep getting access), or you have a virus (aka keylogger) on your computer and they are getting your password that way.

Run a virus scan and use a random password generator and write it down so you don't forget it. ;)

Jahova
29-03-2010, 08:29 AM
I have sent in another password recovery. The problem seems to be that the hacker has had a month without me logging in and has managed to settle in. I have no keyloggers after doing a virus scan with Kaspersky and Comodo. No malware thanks to Windows defender and MalwareBytes. How can I get this guy off my account?

Originalmoh
29-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Alright, Basically the reason for why the hacker keeps accessing your account is because you haven't changed your recovery questions. If you have then, i'd advice you to change it again.

Also - if you have any friends in real life who play the game and know a lot about you then... thats why your being hacked :/

Callum.
29-03-2010, 01:36 PM
lol at most replies.

he probs has transaction id's etc for the membs. i'm not sure of ways to secure it though, will probs end up getting locked.

Kyle
29-03-2010, 03:25 PM
You could try buying membership or just mail jagex/rs about it.

Oleh
30-03-2010, 03:51 PM
Mail jagex proving your the real owner and get him took down

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!