PDA

View Full Version : [Building] Gallifrey.

iBlueBox
28-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I decided to build more Doctor Who rooms so this time i thought i would try and build the home planet of the timelords Gallifrey i love that room myself i think its one of my favourites i have ever built but no because of the furniture used but more because of the colour of it the oranges and the way i arranged the room.

http://i42.tinypic.com/9q8fw0.png

Mickword
28-03-2010, 09:29 PM
Its nice, is the red those mars rugs?

crazed
28-03-2010, 09:48 PM
Its nice, is the red those mars rugs?

WERE HAVE ALL THOSE RUGS GONE? LOL.

Anyway, I'm not sure I like it at all. Any other room you make I can instantly tell what it is. But this one is abit :S It's not your best room.

iBlueBox
28-03-2010, 10:06 PM
WERE HAVE ALL THOSE RUGS GONE? LOL.

Anyway, I'm not sure I like it at all. Any other room you make I can instantly tell what it is. But this one is abit :S It's not your best room.

Its more based on this

http://www.eyeofhorus.org.uk/images/photo/10tennant/series-03/12-soundofdrums/gallifrey-landscape.jpg

http://fountaindaleasd.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/time_lord_citadel.jpg

Catzsy
29-03-2010, 09:59 AM
Very neat. I love the atmosphere of the room!

Kyle
29-03-2010, 12:51 PM
I'm really sorry but I have to be honest with you here. It's bad. The room looks unfinished; stacks of furni thrown all around to try to fill it up. I looked at your references yet I don't see blank spots in those? Try adding more rock formations, jumble the cobbled patches around a little so they don't look so straight... Could even jazz up that portal a little. 6 Lodge corners with light coming out of them? Fab. Make it more colorful and inviting. The tree and bench look *really* out of place.

iBlueBox
29-03-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm really sorry but I have to be honest with you here. It's bad. The room looks unfinished; stacks of furni thrown all around to try to fill it up. I looked at your references yet I don't see blank spots in those? Try adding more rock formations, jumble the cobbled patches around a little so they don't look so straight... Could even jazz up that portal a little. 6 Lodge corners with light coming out of them? Fab. Make it more colorful and inviting. The tree and bench look *really* out of place.

thanks for your opinion. But the rooms not unfinished based it how it looks, orange grass so their is no orange grass on habbo so thats gone and uses orange floor. in the references i was focussed on the city in the middle thats what all the mode furniture is a small skyline. and the rock formations is more based in the view of windows of the mountains. and the untempted skizim is ment to look like that.

Posts merged by Bolt660 (Forum Super Moderator): Double post caused by Forum lag.

Kyle
31-03-2010, 11:28 AM
I understand that there isn't orange grass and that you've tried to keep it exact, but it just looks awful with a blank floor. Kudos for imagination but I just think you should be able to tell what a room is without being told what exactly every part is. The 'skyline' looks more like a pile of junk in a box.

-=Cithien=-
07-04-2010, 09:32 AM
I believe you have done the best you can with the furniture provided. I like it :)

8/10

Blinger1
07-04-2010, 09:37 AM
you have my lastname in the thread title.. why?

the room looks okay, not much to say about it tbh

iBlueBox
07-04-2010, 09:46 AM
you have my lastname in the thread title.. why?

the room looks okay, not much to say about it tbh

Its a planet from the television show Doctor Who.

its what most of my rooms are based around.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!