PDA

View Full Version : Anyone played maps?

Callum.
30-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Can't download them atm.

People saying that at 329 mb, the maps were probably already on the disk, minus crash and overgrown.

1200 ms points for most likely 2 maps.

Oleh
30-03-2010, 02:50 PM
They were all on the disc, £17.50 for 5 maps, this is extortion

Chris
30-03-2010, 03:15 PM
There was a problem with the update. Check here for updates.

http://twitter.com/majornelson

samsaBEAR
30-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Can't download them atm.

People saying that at 329 mb, the maps were probably already on the disk, minus crash and overgrown.

1200 ms points for most likely 2 maps.

at that size of download i very much doubt the maps were on the disc

dbgtz
30-03-2010, 05:18 PM
Im sure the cod4 ones were like 600mb? So yeah they probably were on the disc I think. Owell I got another monthish to wait.

Ardemax
30-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Where can you buy a card for 1200 points?

samsaBEAR
30-03-2010, 06:31 PM
Im sure the cod4 ones were like 600mb? So yeah they probably were on the disc I think. Owell I got another monthish to wait.
If the maps were on the disk, why would you have to download anything?

Where can you buy a card for 1200 points?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare/dp/B003ARJ1CS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1269973818&sr=8-3

dbgtz
30-03-2010, 06:33 PM
crash + overgrown

Ardemax
30-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Should I buy the 1200 for the tenner or get the 2100 for £17?

dbgtz
30-03-2010, 07:28 PM
120 = £1
120 x 10 = 1200
120 x 5 = 600
120 x 2 = 240
--------------------------
Your best off getting the £10

Swastika
30-03-2010, 07:41 PM
the maps are on disk, most things already are, you just need to pay to unlock them.

i carnt say im a lover of the maps so far, ive had a couple of games on them and i dont realy like the maps, maybe ill get used to them though.

JackBuddy
30-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Played 3 of the maps; Crash, Overgrown and the new snowy one. Don't know what the other two are like, I got bored trying to play it lol.

Can't say that I'm overly impressed with what I played. Surely COD4 had better maps than that?! Maybe as I get better on them as I get used to them my opinion will change lol. I hope that eventually you can choose what games you want to play on the new maps, I hate playing capture the flag etc.

Generally dissapointed with the 3 maps I played and it doesn't justify the price tag whatsoever.

Chris
30-03-2010, 09:56 PM
I love all 5 maps. I do agree with the above that we should be able to choose our game type.

Ardemax
31-03-2010, 07:27 AM
Umm yeah, well they're currently out of stock from amazon :(

Meh, I'll scout around. Cheers Tom. rep+

samsaBEAR
31-03-2010, 08:01 AM
I bit the bullet and bought them. I really like Salvage and Bailout, Salvage especially for more objective based games, like Headquarters, which seems to come up a lot for me. Storm is alright, I haven't really played it much though. I've never been a fan of Overgrown, and as always Crash is amazing

PaulMacC
31-03-2010, 08:29 AM
I've played about 30 minutes of private games. About 5 minutes of public games as when I played the servers went down. For one, they blocked off all the strafe pro-mod spots (the one on top of Crash). The one public game I played was on Bailout, it was okay. I went 4-1 before the server disconnected as the servers were wonkey. I went to bed, woke up 12 hours later at 9am and here i am now. Going to hop on it in about 20 minutes.
From what I've seen, everyone camps on Crash.

Firehorse
31-03-2010, 10:23 AM
watched a couple of gameplay vids, does anyone know why people are getting 2x xp for team deathmatch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYP7ovVkR9E

samsaBEAR
31-03-2010, 12:11 PM
watched a couple of gameplay vids, does anyone know why people are getting 2x xp for team deathmatch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYP7ovVkR9E
Because at the moment it's double experience on the Stimulus playlists, but fourzerotwo said on his twitter that they'll be enabling double experince on the rest of the playlists today.

Firehorse
31-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Because at the moment it's double experience on the Stimulus playlists, but fourzerotwo said on his twitter that they'll be enabling double experince on the rest of the playlists today.

thats tempting me to prestige for the 3rd time even though I told myself its pointless.

Grippz
31-03-2010, 03:56 PM
I am going to buy points tomorrow, i cant be bothered to go out today >:D

JackBuddy
31-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Ok, I've changed my opinion as I've got used to them lol. Bailout is probably one of my favourate maps on the game. It's like Favela in the sense that there are plenty of opportunities for short/long ranged kills.

Don't like overgrown one bit though. Storm is alright, but the spawning on it seems quite bad.

Ardemax
31-03-2010, 04:43 PM
I still dunno if I should get them.

Chris
31-03-2010, 08:53 PM
Modern Warfare 2 playlists now updated. They should all have double XP and include the new maps in their rotation. May need to restart! (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23MW2)
And connection issues should now be fixed, however it will take longer to find game from now on.

PaulMacC
01-04-2010, 01:32 AM
Bailout: It has some good features, but there are way too many tight corners and multi-storied buildings. It is simply impossible to run anywhere besides the outskirts of the map in any gametype besides Search. It plays exactly the same every time; one team keeps one building, looking out the windows with ARs and switches to shotgun secondaries when their heartbeat sensor starts beeping and the other team spawns all over the place and bumrushes the building.
Verdict: 2/5

Crash: Fantastic! Almost all of the cool stuff from CoD4 got taken out, mainly various strafe jumps and climbing spots. I also couldn't get a couple elevators to work. Regardless, it's fun as hell to play on. My only complaint is that it feels cramped, especially when I'm running around with Marathon & Lightweight.
Verdict: 5/5

Overgrown: It's obvious that this map was specifically chosen by the IW staff because of the dimensions and not due to how much it was liked in CoD4 (even if it was one of my own personal faves). In MW2, well, it's simply the best map of the pack. The appearance of the map has been visually enhanced and it's the perfect size: spacious enough to run around and not get gunned down in two seconds, yet still small enough to rush with a shotgun and fare well.
Verdict: 5+/5

Salvage: A terribly designed abortion of a map that could have been produced by some 6-year-old who just learned the definition of "asymmetrical". People camp in the buildings, on the barrels, on the crates, AND EVEN IN THE MOTHER******* DOG HOUSE. WHAT THE HELL WOULD POSSESS YOU TO DO THAT!? cantseecrapcaptain.jpg and the worse spawn system of all five maps.
Verdict: 0/5

Storm: I don't understand the hate for this map. It is clearly the best of the new maps, despite being kind of ugly and containing a lot of the same stuff as Downpour. I can't quite put my finger on it, but the map just has the same feel as Downpour. There's no one single building that gets camped out too much and it is extremely difficult for one team to hold down the warehouse. There's a pleasant balance of tight turns and long gaps between buildings. My only qualm with this map is that it looks ugly. Unattractive shades of gray, green, and various outlandish building colors are all you'll find here.
Verdict: 4/5

Copied and pasted from a forum I go on.

Callum.
01-04-2010, 02:30 PM

I pretty much agree.

Crash really does feel cramped running round with lightweight and marathon though haha.

Fez
01-04-2010, 06:54 PM

I notice how the only 'good' maps are the COD4 ones and one made from the assets of the MW2 campaign.

JackBuddy
01-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I have to say that Bailout has to be one of my favourate maps in the whole game now. As I said earlier, I like how it provides lots of long/short range opportunities to shoot people.

Overgrown is just meh, too many snipers and campers. (coming from someone who likes wasteland)

Callum.
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
I have to say that Bailout has to be one of my favourate maps in the whole game now. As I said earlier, I like how it provides lots of long/short range opportunities to shoot people.

Overgrown is just meh, too many snipers and campers. (coming from someone who likes wasteland)

I quite like overgrown but the thermal snipers are pretty annoying. Bailout seems to be the same everytime. You either fight up top or you fight for the house.

samsaBEAR
02-04-2010, 01:12 AM

The dog house is there because you being the only member of your team left on Search, it's highly entertaining for your team to trap their last person in with a riot shield. So much lols.

I'm beginning to hate Overgrown even more than I used to. I can't remember whether it happened much on CoD4, but if you're the team spawning on the side of the map with all the buildings, and the opposing team is smart, it's even worse than Highrise for spawn trapping.

samsaBEAR
02-04-2010, 02:02 AM
Sorry for double post, but also, I'm finding myself in games full of the beautiful english accent, even at 3 in the morning. Have IW tweaked the matchmaking so it'll try find games with UK hosts, rather than Americans?

Chris
02-04-2010, 10:43 AM
Sorry for double post, but also, I'm finding myself in games full of the beautiful english accent, even at 3 in the morning. Have IW tweaked the matchmaking so it'll try find games with UK hosts, rather than Americans?

Yep. It may take longer to find games though.

Firehorse
02-04-2010, 10:55 AM

I find it weird, i'm on ps3 and its very rare I get anyone american in my lobby, mostly eastern europe or asian and often british, but rarely american. I think it could be the way the console networks work rather.

samsaBEAR
02-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Yep. It may take longer to find games though.

It's not going any slower for me, like I said, even early in the morning. But then a longer wait to find a game is a nice trade off for a decent connection

PaulMacC
02-04-2010, 01:51 PM
@Samsa - Yes they have. At 4am last night I got into a Spanish lobby. Still I'm not complaining I got 4 bars

samsaBEAR
02-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Yeah, I've been getting into lots of european lobbies, my friend is using it as a way to practice his french before his A levels

Grippz
02-04-2010, 08:03 PM
there doing my head in omg. I don't know my way around them ergh and crash is really ******* me off :@!

samsaBEAR
03-04-2010, 01:31 PM
there doing my head in omg. I don't know my way around them ergh and crash is really ******* me off :@!
Play them in a private match and walk around the maps, it seriously helps

Ardemax
04-04-2010, 01:44 PM
I still won't be buying the maps for a month or so.

Even that being said, might not buy them at all.

samsaBEAR
05-04-2010, 03:58 PM
To anyone who bought the map pack on day 1, did you all get the message from xbox live saying you're getting a weeks free live?

Chris
05-04-2010, 06:45 PM
To anyone who bought the map pack on day 1, did you all get the message from xbox live saying you're getting a weeks free live?

Yep everyone who bought on day one got it. Also if you didn't know the nvg's for the avatars where free.

samsaBEAR
06-04-2010, 03:32 PM
Yep everyone who bought on day one got it. Also if you didn't know the nvg's for the avatars where free.
Yeah I got those bad boys, kinda sucks that it makes your avatars face look like an idiot but I suppose that's the price you pay

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!